Static Mesh Improvement Mod - SMIM (by Brumbek)

z929669

Latest update is out which carries over some changes from USKP 2.0:

Version 1.57 October 13, 2013

• SMIM'd all four Candelabras used in over 500 places. They use custom high resolution textures now instead of awkwardly using the wall sconce textures. Models are four times higher polygon but totally worth it. Thanks to raiserfx for his great base texture I used.
  • Recreated the collision data for the Dwemer Pot (dwepot01.nif) to allow complex collision so you can put things in the pot. Thanks to Arthmoor for requesting I fix this, forcing me to figure out a solution.
  • SMIM'd Stew Bowl (stew.nif) used for all stew recipes. Uses custom improved ingredient bowl and better stew plane.
  • SMIM'd Sabrecat Tooth ingredient (sabrecattooth.nif) to improve the tooth model and use a higher resolution custom texture.
  • Updated many meshes to include the USKP 2.0.0 collision radius fixes (cabbage01.nif, dwepot01.nif, dweplate01.nif, bread01a.nif, dwecog01.nif, dwarvengear.nif, dwarvenscrap1.nif, dwarvenscraplarge2.nif, dwarvenplate.nif, dwarvenscrap2.nif, ingotdwarven.nif).
  • Fixed install script error for BAIN wizard. Thanks to chochodrillo for pointing this out.

This mod is becoming a rather large download...

Latest update is out which carries over some changes from USKP 2.0:

Version 1.57 October 13, 2013

• SMIM'd all four Candelabras used in over 500 places. They use custom high resolution textures now instead of awkwardly using the wall sconce textures. Models are four times higher polygon but totally worth it. Thanks to raiserfx for his great base texture I used.
  • Recreated the collision data for the Dwemer Pot (dwepot01.nif) to allow complex collision so you can put things in the pot. Thanks to Arthmoor for requesting I fix this, forcing me to figure out a solution.
  • SMIM'd Stew Bowl (stew.nif) used for all stew recipes. Uses custom improved ingredient bowl and better stew plane.
  • SMIM'd Sabrecat Tooth ingredient (sabrecattooth.nif) to improve the tooth model and use a higher resolution custom texture.
  • Updated many meshes to include the USKP 2.0.0 collision radius fixes (cabbage01.nif, dwepot01.nif, dweplate01.nif, bread01a.nif, dwecog01.nif, dwarvengear.nif, dwarvenscrap1.nif, dwarvenscraplarge2.nif, dwarvenplate.nif, dwarvenscrap2.nif, ingotdwarven.nif).
  • Fixed install script error for BAIN wizard. Thanks to chochodrillo for pointing this out.

This mod is becoming a rather large download...

Yes tech, but ask yourself how large (or many) would the DVD be if Bethesda did the meshes properly in the first place.

Actually if you look at certain meshes then they are really high quality, and then some are just... well you know.

It all comes down to how much time you can spend on something like this when you have to make thousands of meshes.

Doing meshes from the ground up takes time... even when you are a professional, and you have dedicated tools to help ya out.

Also I am sure they have spent a certain amount of time sorting out the max amount of polygons on average so that it fits with stability and performance of the engine.

• 2 months later...

The esp just contains the exact same changes as the USKP. You can safely untick it if you have the USKP, therefore. However, some people may have SMIM and not have the USKP, so Brumbek should keep his esp file in his releases. BOSS could use a note, however, that if you have USKP, that the SMIM esp is redundant. However, the other esps are still needed.

The esp just contains the exact same changes as the USKP. You can safely untick it if you have the USKP' date=' therefore. However, some people may have SMIM and not have the USKP, so Brumbek should keep his esp file in his releases. BOSS could use a note, however, that if you have USKP, that the SMIM esp is redundant. However, the other esps are still needed.[/quote']

Yep, that is the best solution ... surprised BOSS has not added this note to the SMIM plugin :/

Well Will has been a bit flakey lately. First he stops DM'ing our D&D game and now he doesn't respond to my IMs. Granted I know he's in classes so he's probably busy but he could at least respond to my messages or say something in the D&D game thread...

Damn, how could people already be busy with school? I barely went back to work today and no students til the 21st.

Do you guys think Brumbek would be cool with the merging of the furniture and turn fix plugins with our patch? I'd probably have to do it in the Creation Kit, but it would make all plugins from SMIM unneeded.

I don't remember getting any messages from you recently, phazer. Don't know what's up with that. And yes, I've had a load of homework right after the winter break. I mean, really, due to the way the school scheduling works, I have what amounts to Part 1 of the final exams coming. And I'm working on a big project on my own that's sucking away time too.

As for updating the masterlist, I'd rather do it later since there's a REALLY big update coming to BOSS itself, so the Skyrim masterlist will be frozen tonight. Rather not do many changes before that...

Restored proper dirt skirts to all green cave dirt cliff meshes (cavegcliffs series) used in over 650 places. This hides the horrible seams between dirt and rock that Bethesda inexplicably ignored. This is a massive improvement; amazing work Brumbek!

Just letting you know It's been updated to 1.61. If you don't have 1.60 yet above fix is more than worth its redownload.

Thanks

Fred