Static Mesh Improvement Mod - SMIM (by Brumbek)

z929669

No it hasn't been evaluated yet, so use whatever you like. The SMIM chests require an esp so just don't use it if you want to use Detailed Chests. There are also new bone piles for Dawnguard, but if you just want the newer texture don't use the esp since the plugin will cause major performance hit.

No it hasn't been evaluated yet' date=' so use whatever you like. The SMIM chests require an esp so just don't use it if you want to use Detailed Chests. There are also new bone piles for Dawnguard, but if you just want the newer texture don't use the esp since the plugin will cause major performance hit.

Is that a fact? o_O

No it hasn't been evaluated yet' date=' so use whatever you like. The SMIM chests require an esp so just don't use it if you want to use Detailed Chests. There are also new bone piles for Dawnguard, but if you just want the newer texture don't use the esp since the plugin will cause major performance hit.

Is that a fact? o_O
Seems so. It says it right in the description on the main page and when you click through the different options in the installer. 

"Added an optional Dawnguard Soulcairn bone pile option with more 3D bones to improve realism. This option is a major performance hit though, so is meant more for future computers."

Is that a fact? o_O
Seems so. It says it right in the description on the main page and when you click through the different options in the installer. 

"Added an optional Dawnguard Soulcairn bone pile option with more 3D bones to improve realism. This option is a major performance hit though, so is meant more for future computers."

The Dawnguard Soul Cairn Bone Piles have nothing to do with the plugins at all.

The only plugins are the main one (which we remove because all the changes are made in UKSP), the "Dragonborn Tern Fix" ESP, and the "Furniture Chest Snow Fix" ESP.

Just a side note since we're talking about performance:

It should be common knowledge by now that STEP does not recommend installing the lanterns from SMIM because they are HUGE textures for such a small object and thus, can fill up your VRAM/RAM quickly when cells are loaded with a lot of lanterns presents.

Just a side note since we're talking about performance:

It should be common knowledge by now that STEP does not recommend installing the lanterns from SMIM because they are HUGE textures for such a small object and thus, can fill up your VRAM/RAM quickly when cells are loaded with a lot of lanterns presents.

When would that happen? Just during Dungeon runs?

Hmm... I just I thought there was a plugin for the dawnguard stuff, but I had SMIM at an earlier version since I haven't been messing with my current install. I did load it up this morning and the bone piles looks a lot better, but I was indoors so the performance hit wasn't measurable. The bone piles has a much better texture and the meshes makes them look pretty good, but I imagine that you might achieve the same effect with parallax.

I believe you can just hide those files with MO if you go into the filetree when you double click a mod that is installed.

EDIT: Brumbek mentioned that he already included all of ENB Particle Patch in SMIM. Can anyone confirm because I kinda notice a difference without Particle Patch installed. Maybe I'm just tired/insane/being trolled by my PC.

Speaking of which, this may not be the right place to ask but I installed the SPP and WATER (I am making headway in my SR installation, wooooo) and the related patch but I get some weird water flicker when light hits it a certain way. I think it's actually something with whatever handles light reflecting on water in general, making it there and then not there if I adjust the camera angle with which I'm looking at it or am moving toward it a certain way. It's not a huge issue, but I wondered if it was something to do with SPP and me not having an ENB active yet since I never saw it in earlier builds of Skyrim where In also used WATER.

Speaking of which, this may not be the right place to ask but I installed the SPP and WATER (I am making headway in my SR installation, wooooo) and the related patch but I get some weird water flicker when light hits it a certain way. I think it's actually something with whatever handles light reflecting on water in general, making it there and then not there if I adjust the camera angle with which I'm looking at it or am moving toward it a certain way. It's not a huge issue, but I wondered if it was something to do with SPP and me not having an ENB active yet since I never saw it in earlier builds of Skyrim where In also used WATER.

I think that's just a standard enb bug. I've always had that.

I'm not using ENB at present. I guess water does funny things in certain lighting conditions. I also noticed that, up near Winterhold's huge expanse of coastal water, there's quite a bit of flicker as I move around.

I think it's got to just be how the textures or whatever are handling light reflection on water.

I'm not using ENB at present. I guess water does funny things in certain lighting conditions. I also noticed that, up near Winterhold's huge expanse of coastal water, there's quite a bit of flicker as I move around.

I think it's got to just be how the textures or whatever are handling light reflection on water.

Oh my fault. Didn't see where you said you aren't using an ENB. I'm not sure then. I've always had issues like that. I've just ignored them. Usually flickers when i switch between 1st and 3rd person views.