Static Mesh Improvement Mod - SMIM (by Brumbek)

z929669

Yeah!! Another update because we really tested all the new stuff for the last five releases, oh wait....

Version 1.53

-SMIM'd the rabbits to use high quality meshes and a new texture. This actually includes the rabbit creature itself and the hanging dead variants. The original rabbit mesh and texture was pretty awful.

-Partially SMIM'd carriages to use a new seat mesh and texture. Also fixed many, many stretched wood textures and other various UV issues. This is a new install option. Prison carriage not included yet.

-Fixed carriage rugs vertex color errors to remove black lines. All this time...how did we even play Skyrim with carriage rugs with black lines? How?!

-Also fixed the annoying floating leather horse harness strips on the carriages. So many players never even noticed this issue. But to me it was a mockery; a cruel twisting of horse carriage physics.

-And yet more UV fixes on Whiterun's main gate (wrdoormaingate01.nif). Wood beam UV fixes and improvements. Wood panels aligned to texture properly now. It's called quality control!

We? You've been doing compares too? JK. Anyways as I said last week I didn't bother updating it because he released a fix (1.521) for the version he had just released so I'll probably install these.

So another update to this wonderful monster of a mod is out. Looks like the Juniper trees will need to be compared to vurts if they have been SMIM'd. Hopefully this doesn't mess up any cave textures since some of the meshes have been done and you guys did so many compares of them.

Version 1.54

-Included the Prisoner carriages. Further improvements to all carriages. Now done except for the leather straps.

-UV fixes for totally low-resolution mine cliff rocks (minecliffs01.nif and minecliffs01.nif) used in about 80 places. Also minor mesh improvements to a few rocks to remove harsh edges.

-UV and mesh fixes for minecroomdoor03.nif.

-UV and mesh fixes for minechall2way02.nif and minechall2way02c.nif to fix rock UVs and polygons attached to wrong block.

-SMIM'd the Juniper trees used in 1,000+ places to fix the very ugly tree UV mapping and stretched texture. Now uses a high-quality texture. Also fixed various branch placement issues.

-Mesh fix for Whiterun Tree loading screen (loadscreenwrtempletree02.nif) to remove extra floating tree vines in the sky.

-More UV fixes on both metal cage meshes.

Yeah, I was only thinking that the SMIM'd trees in 1000+ locations with a custom texture would matter in this update. The one thing that does need to be addressed is the SMIM's chests which are not overwritten by detailed chests. I don't think the new meshes (which are superb) can use textures from vanilla meshes.

I feel like I just posted about an update...

More cave meshes, ingredients, and some clutter stuff.

Version 1.55

-SMIM'd the roughly 10 ingredient items (bonemeal01.nif, ectoplasm.nif, glowdust01.nif, mammothcheesebowl.nif, moonsugar01.nif, powderedmammothtusk.nif, saltpile.nif, sap.nif, trollfat01.nif, and vampiredust.nif) that used a certain bowl style. The vanilla bowl was very ugly. Now they use a nice smoothed bowl with custom textures.

-Of the bowl ingredients, I mostly improved the actual ingredient in the bowl with better UV mapping and custom textures. Half still use vanilla texture to allow texture replacers to work (mammothcheesebowl.nif, moonsugar01.nif, powderedmammothtusk.nif, trollfat01.nif, and vampiredust.nif). I might make custom textures later, but for now I recommend High Quality Food and Ingredients.

-The moonsugar ingredient mesh had a MeshSmooth applied to double the polycount and make the rocks a little less ugly. I recommend the great retexture of the rocks from High Quality Food and Ingredients.

-SMIM'd dwarvenscraplarge2.nif.

-Minor UV improvements for dwarvenscraplarge1.nif but not SMIM'd yet.

-UV fixes for totally low-resolution mine grass cliff rocks (cavegcliffs01.nif and cavegcliffs02.nif) used in about 175 places. Also minor mesh improvements to a few rocks to remove harsh edges.

-UV and mesh fixes for caveghall2way02.nif, caveghall2way02c.nif, and caveghall2way02uf.nif to fix rock UVs and polygons attached to wrong block.

-UV fixes and improvements for most of the dungeons nordic rubble piles (norrubblepileXX.nif).

-Very minor fix to one of the nordic skeleton catacomb meshes finger placements (norcathallbg1way01.nif).

• 2 weeks later...

The Ultra textures are 4k I believe I don't think Brumbek is "insane" enough to include 8k textures, that's not to say I don't find 4k textures in general to be ridiculous, and pretty much pointless (Oh there is an increase in quality but not worth it imo).