Static Mesh Improvement Mod - SMIM (by Brumbek)

z929669

Hi all,

Recently did S.T.E.P extended and was really happy until I realised SMIM's 3D ropes weren't working. After a bit of tweaking it still wouldn't work so I deleted all my mods and started a new, clean install of Skyrim to the letter of the guide on this site. After doing S.T.E.P again, my ropes STILL aren't 3D. I know it's a niggle but I really like them :(

Any advice? 

Many thanks - Mix

From what I can see, both MO fomod installer install correctly. I'll check in-game to make sure they're there for me.

Doyouevenmodbro,

You're confusing yourself because you're comparing what the STEP Guide does to what Neo's does. Stop comparing the two. They're two entirely separate and different guides. Either follow STEP or follow SR.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk.

Well I follow S.T.E.P. about 80% and supplement with SR:LE mods.

Brumbek is about to update the FULL version and has removed the no sails version of 1.62b. You are going to have to wait for the next version and it will be an option in the installer.

Sorry, but Brumbek tends to put out lots of updates at very quickly and it can be hard to keep our wiki up to date with his updates coming so fast and without notice.

You can install 1.62d in place of the STEP recommended version and then for the next update get the no sails version in the FULL version installer. It will not break your game in any way.

Hi all,

Please set SKyFalls and SkyMills to Install real early and overwrite with the required mods!

You see the two textures that come with my mod which are in RWT as well are the EXACT SAME as the ones in RWT and WATER! They are there for those people who install my meshes but use a different water mod than RWT or WATER, in order for my meshes to work. So overwriting them with the ones in RWT or WATER does not matter, since they are identical.

Also I suggest you overwrite my meshes with the SMIM meshes Brumbek made with sails, as it removes the distant anomalies you otherwise get, and is a TON more realistic. But that of course is a personal view and not necessarily the one from STEP.

Brumbek is about to update the FULL version and has removed the no sails version of 1.62b. You are going to have to wait for the next version and it will be an option in the installer.

Sorry, but Brumbek tends to put out lots of updates at very quickly and it can be hard to keep our wiki up to date with his updates coming so fast and without notice.

You can install 1.62d in place of the STEP recommended version and then for the next update get the no sails version in the FULL version installer. It will not break your game in any way.

So 1.62(D) is fine to use? It just doesn't have a "no sails" choice?