Book Covers Skyrim (by DanielCoffey and doccdr)

dstansberry

I agree with you about the plugins and everything else but I still really don't want to buy Hearthfire. I'm just not interested. Shoot me!

There will probably be a Steam Spring Sale pretty soon and you could pick it up for less than two bucks. Honestly, I have only used it once because I found out that you could grow your own plants.

HF adds many resources that a lot of good mods use. You are preventing yourself from using many interesting mods by not having that one DLC.

When the courier brings you the letter from the Jarl of Falkreath, drop it in a swamp and forget about it. Just enjoy the mods that use the assets in the DLC.

I took the decision to only support a single ESP because of the work it was causing me. I was having to manage eight different language versions in four different ESPs plus the merged version in each language too. On top of that was the old "no notes" version... in each language and "no watermarked notes" too. It was too much. Folks would also report problems and I would have no way of telling what version they were running so I had to guess.

I needed to rationalise it and dropped off the extra Notes versions first then switched to a merged ESP. When I took down version 2.8.3 the other day, it had been downloaded over 35000 times in a month compared to around 1000 for 2.6.4 over about three months.

Edited by DanielCoffey

Fair enough. I can do that. Didn't mean to sound aggressive. Bad day at work and then NO NON-HF EDITION...GRRRRRRR :-P

Everybody thinks HF DLC is lame!  The only thing positive I can say about it is it added more modder resources that modders have expanded it on.  If its on sale for $1 or two, I say buy it NOT for homes! but for the resources it provides, not to mention compatibility with lots of existing mods.  (I have the DLC and I have NEVER NOT ONCE, use any of the Hearthfire homes... by the time I can get one in game, I don't care to get it...)

Hearthfire - Three new Build Your Own Home, plus adoptions, huscarls and hiring staff. Some quirky things like raising plants, fish and new food and cooking. Not a huge DLC but it adds a bit for immersion/role playing on the domestic front. A lot of its resources are used elsewhere, such as new types of cooking (ovens) and foods which many mods use. I've gotten my money's worth from it.

Given that it's now in the Legendary Edition I suspect more and more mods will be built assuming you use it.

Edited by statmonster

• 2 weeks later...

I think the argument was that the covers deviated from vanilla, but I only agree with that in terms of the Core mandate, not Extended. It also fit in the seldom used, "vanilla sucks so bad we are going to add this because of it's awesomeness", like Convenient Horses. 

Back when I inherited the mod, it was considered for Extended rather than Core.

Firstly it was because the covers back then had a slightly more "modern" feel because some had pictures on the cover and then once I started working through the covers it was held back because the mod was updating very often as I added new covers and rationalised the options. Additional language support also caused frequent updates for a while.

I now consider the mod to be complete (barring Unofficial Patch reflections of course) and my attention is now on the Lost Library mod so it would be good to think whether you feel it fits in Core or Extended now.

I would advise the Standard saturation for non-ENB users and Desaturated if used with a "hot" ENB that increases the saturation. Neovalen prefers Desaturated in SR:LE.

• 2 weeks later...

I have found an issue with Book Covers Skyrim when used with the Bookshelves Updated Script SKSE mod and I am investigating. It concerns the OBND Object Bounds values.

I believe the CK gave me the incorrect values for the standard Book and as a result they are sticking inside each other when placed on a shelf with Bookshelves Updated Script SKSE.

I will be testing for a day or so to find the *actual* width of a book rather than the width suggested by the CK and will issue an update (and reflect it into the Compatibility Patches).