Book Covers Skyrim (by DanielCoffey and doccdr)

dstansberry

Has this been removed from the guide? I can't see it in there.. I only saw it because when I got to The Choice is Yours, it told me to add a meta rule for Books Covers Skyrim.esp but the guide never said to install Books Covers Skyrim.

• 2 months later...

You would need to merge the BSA files too (or have them as loose textures/meshes). Then you would have to look at how the script compiled under the new name. To be honest I am not sure of the value of the script since I am not familiar with how they work and when they are needed but I just mimicked the usage in Frostfall.

• 7 months later...

While looking for patches for Requiem I found the patch collection for Book Cover Skyrim.

While installing the Requiem patch the fomod installer allso detected The Choice Is Yours and Complete Crafting Overhaul from STEP extended. Now I wonder if those two patches should be installed as all three mods are part of STEP:

Complete Crafting Overhaul

The Choice Is Yours

Book Cover Skyrim

The author says about the patches:

TCIY - The Choice Is Yours improves dialogue and quest start options in the game and affects one Note to do with a quest in Markarth. The Compatibility Patch is tiny but necessary for the quests to flow as intended.

Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade is, as its name suggests, an overhaul of the Skyrim crafting system. It affects two books - the Light and Heavy Armor Forging and the Bonemold Formula Note.

The answer to my question might be again "Those patches are contained in the STEP patch", but I just wanted to know for sure.

Thanks

Those patches should be in the STEP Patch. We forward a lot of these types of things with the STEP Patches to both slim down on user required downloads and to slim down on the instructions needed on wiki mod pages. This is, in part, how we've made the Guide less complex.

Thank You for Your answer, TechAngel85. 

Hi guys, I am having a problem with this mod. Actually, I can download it smooth and all, but can not unpack the bsa and esp. For your information, I am willing to use a mod called "Legacy Of The Dragonborn" which already includes the Book Covers Skyrim mod, so I actually do not even need it. 

The problem starts with the extended patch requirements of S.T.E.P. as I can not pick it in the installer. Later on, I figured I will just make an empty .esp file (as I can not unpack the original, not even the one called "original" instead of "desaturated"), but it worked only until I activated the esp file as it shows a red triangle when I delete the dummy esp I made. Is there a way to edit the extended patch so it would work without the dummy esp and not show any problems? Or do you have any advice on how or why I can not unpack it (maybe the problem occurs at you as well?)? Maybe anyone is willing to repack it or upload the 3mb esp (optionally the bsa aswell)  so I might be able to tinker around with it so I disable (or relocate) the requirement of the extended patch (to LoTD)? OR, which would be the most comfortable - but of course a really big request of me - can anyone make the extended patch so it does not require the Book Covers Skyrim esp file?

Thank you all for any and all the answers in advance!

Edits: typo and grammar

Edited by mate1146

The most recent version. Have looked into the various probabilities, like this. Or the lack of RAM (which, at 8GB is sufficient I guess). I could not figure out any problems.

Edit: tried it on even bigger archives and on my brand new SSD aswell, the only two files causing this 'disk read error' type of problem are the Book Covers Skyrim 7z's. I do not know how it is possible that it works at you and does not work at me. Looks like user error but more complicated.

Edited by mate1146

If you prefer, I could upload a .zip version to my Mirror and you can see if you can pick it up from there. Give me twenty mins or so and I'll update this post with the location.

EDIT : Temporary mirrors, 7ZIP might work outside the Nexus - try that first.

7ZIP (480Mb)

====

BCS Desaturated

BCS Original

ZIP (635Mb)

====

BCS Desaturated

BCS Original

Edited by DanielCoffey
  • +1 1