Book Covers Skyrim (by DanielCoffey and doccdr)

dstansberry

• 3 months later...

I've read through the enitrity of this thread again, and from what I can gather the three Release Coordinator agree that is one is good for Extended (desaturated version). Several other staff members have voted a yes as well. I think we should simply accept this mod. Anyone against that?

I completely endorse for extended. I spent a ton of time with this mod. Don't know if all my screens are still up but I posted a bunch and still have a bunch more I didn't post. They were really more of the same though.

There is the compatibility patches on a separate nexus page that should be checked anything we need in STEP.

• 2 weeks later...

The mod is now updated to version 3.0 and includes replacement meshes and textures for the Spell Tomes. It very strictly adheres to the vanilla colour and symbol for each Spell School.

All spells from a given school still share the same appearance but this means there should be no compatibility issues with spell overhaul mods.

It will conflict with Jeclredured Spell Tomes, Jeclredured SpellTomes II, Edwarrs Spell Tome Books and Spell Tome Replacers by alanovichromanov. If you prefer those mods, place them lower than Book Covers Skyrim in your mod manager.

The change has been reviewed in the Modders sub-forum.

===

EDIT : I am finding a few more Spell Tome replacer mods on the Nexus which offer revamped Spell Tomes based on the vanilla meshes. In order to preserve an easy option for folks who want to stay with them, I am going to put together a small optional compatibility file on the Book Covers page which will undo the latest Book Covers spell tome mesh edit so that it is very easy to carry on using an alternative texture set.

One would then be able to use Book Covers Skyrim followed by the optional undo patch followed by, say, Jeclredured's textures.

Does that make sense?

===

EDIT 2 : I have uploaded a "Revert to Vanilla Mesh" optional download for folks who want to keep using an alternative Spell Tome texture replacer based on the vanilla meshes.

Edited by DanielCoffey

The Book Covers Skyrim - Compatibility Patch Collection has patches for the following 2 STEP Extended mods.

TCIY - The Choice Is Yours improves dialogue and quest start options in the game and affects one Note to do with a quest in Markarth. The Compatibility Patch is tiny but necessary for the quests to flow as intended.

Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade is, as its name suggests, an overhaul of the Skyrim crafting system. It affects two books - the Light and Heavy Armor Forging and the Bonemold Formula Note.

It already has a wiki page on which the forum link points to a Requiem Compatibility Patches thread, as they have been using Book Covers for some time.

Since the patch collection is a separate mod, does it need it's own mod thread?

Would it be possible to add those patches to the STEP Extended patch? Or would it be easier to just have the patches load right after Book Covers, for those that install something between Core and Extended.

• +1 1

• 1 month later...

For Load Order (IE, the left panel in MO): Load in the order suggested by STEP.

For Plugin Order (IE, the right panel): LOOT will take care of it, so no worries. If you are running the full extended, you also don't need to worry about the TCIY patch, since it was incorperated into the STEP Extended Patch IIRC. If not using this, be sure to grab the compatibility patches for BCS as well - they are on thier own seperate page (believe linked from the main mod page).