DoubleYou

29 minutes ago, Jeyyciee said:

Hello, I’ve just started playing Skyrim (the original version) on my PC, (I put +2000h back in the day on X360), and I’ve install Mod Organier 2 and SKSE and with BethINI, so I could begin modding.

However I have a problem with the windowed mode ; When I choose full screen on BethINI no problem, but when choose windowed mode (because I want to use my PC, therefore I want to play in windowed mode), I have no control over anything.

It’s like the game is thinking he is in full screen, and no windows key function, or alt+enter or alt+F4 respond.

I’m stuck in a misaligned windows which I cannot move or select either. My cursor in confined inside that misaligned window, and I’m force to quit the game.

I have look at the settings on BethINI but nothing seem to be wrong, I don’t understand, can you help me ?

PXL_20211107_213543131.jpg

If you tick Windowed Mode in BethINI, you should also tick Borderless. You may also want to consider ticking Vsync, but that should not be related to this issue.

Original Skyrim doesn't have borderless full screen mode, so what you are seeing is the expected behavior of windowed mode. You can enforce borderless full screen mode with different mods, however. Nevertheless, you will not be able to move the game window like an ordinary application window, as it is not designed to work that way. 

Noticing a slight oddity with BethIni,

on random starts it changes iReflectionResolutionDivider= from 2 to 1, it can also happen randomly when applying a preset, despite none of the presets (barring the included default) having an entry for it

iGrassCellRadius also refuses to commit its value if the ugrid warning gets thrown.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question for you.

If someone is running a high performance gaming rig (like an OCd i9-9900k and RX 6900 XT) is there anything wrong with taking every single slider on the 'view distance' tab section and just maxxing them out? Could this cause instability just because it's so far out of spec for what the game engine was designed to do?

The reason I ask is that some of these are pretty low on the slider's scale, even at Ultra preset.

Thanks so much for such an awesome tool - been using it for years! TIA!

Edited by alceryes

Set the Terrain Multiplier to 1 if you do that, but otherwise I think you can do that without issues. If you do that and don't set the terrain multiplier to 1, you may get significant stuttering even with a powerful rig.

51 minutes ago, alceryes said:

Quick question for you.

If someone is running a high performance gaming rig (like an OCd i9-9900k and RX 6900 XT) is there anything wrong with taking every single slider on the 'view distance' tab section and just maxxing them out? Could this cause instability just because it's so far out of spec for what the game engine was designed to do?

The reason I ask is that some of these are pretty low on the slider's scale, even at Ultra preset.

Thanks so much for such an awesome tool - been using it for years! TIA!

• 1 month later...

The thread is very long to read. But have you considered the following settings:

[Interface]
sPosePlayerRaceSexMenu=

[VATS]
bVATSDisable=1

I use them in my game. And the following setting is the best INI tweak I found in the last year:

[LOD]
fLODFadeOutMultObjects=30
fLODFadeOutMultItems=10
fLODFadeOutMultActors=15

Some people people use mods to remove "annoying" small rocks from roads. But with this tweak you don't need it.

sPosePlayerRaceSexMenu tweak is for in character creation so that you don't have crossed hands. I suppose a few people might like that. 

bVATSDisable=1 disables all the fancy killcams. I suppose a few people might like that. 

The last three settings are object fade, item fade, and actor fade settings. Not sure why setting these to ultra values would remove rock grass for you. There are no ini tweaks to remove rock grass. 

It don't remove them but let a bit infrequent and more agreeable to the  eyes when used with a mod like this:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/49413

I made a lot of tests and comparisons in-game.

But people that publish mods like this

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/8733

are surely not going in the best direction.

Also in my game I disable:

- scripted saves

- fast travel/wait/sleep saves

- compass bShowCompass=0

(so mods that improve user interface like SkyHud, iHUD are of no use for me)

Edit.

I'm going to remove the INI from Cathedral Weathers and make it as option only.

Edited by gamingsrc

Those tweaks simply do not affect the little rocks. They are rendered as grass, so they change positions across different cell loads since they are a fake form of grass, so they often pop up in different places. Because of this, they often appear in bad places, just like grass does. This is why many people choose to remove the fake rock grass. 

Disabling autosaves in that way can cause stuck object lod. Instead, set max autosaves to 0. This way it will perform the autosave procedure but not save the actual autosave file. 

Compass tweak should already be on the interface tab IIRC