DoubleYou

4 hours ago, ButchDiavolo said:

Hey DoubleYou,

Can you explain to me what the fDialogueHardStopAngle tweaks do? Are those the settings that make it that the sound from dialog is directional? (i.e. when I turn around the sounds get softer and behind me?)

When you are talking to a character, default settings limit how much you can angle while talking to them. With the tweak, you can rotate and look all around while talking to characters.

17 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

When you are talking to a character, default settings limit how much you can angle while talking to them. With the tweak, you can rotate and look all around while talking to characters.

Ah! Awesome. Thank you for explaining

I have a rather interesting question/dilemna regarding Bethini and it's quite an odd one

So I've been testing/tweaking for the past day trying to figure out what has been causing these weird square pixels on my walls and characters skin, both players and NPC's, after well over 24hrs of testing, restoring FO4 to 100% vanilla and testing a default 100% vanilla INI setup vs a Bethini optimized one, I believe I have discorvered a weird issue.

Basically in the default INI's untouched by Bethini, with NVHBAO enabled everything looks fine and no issues whatsoever
But in the Bethini modifiied INI's with NVHBAO enabled, the square pixels appear on the characters, NPC's, the walls and basically everywhere else you look, I have confirmed this to be the case, since as soon as disabling NVHBAO on the bethini profile and starting a brand new game the pixel issue went away. Has there been some changes to how NVHBAO is handled with the latest update to Bethini?

Edited by Rebel47

46 minutes ago, Rebel47 said:

I have a rather interesting question/dilemna regarding Bethini and it's quite an odd one

So I've been testing/tweaking for the past day trying to figure out what has been causing these weird square pixels on my walls and characters skin, both players and NPC's, after well over 24hrs of testing, restoring FO4 to 100% vanilla and testing a default 100% vanilla INI setup vs a Bethini optimized one, I believe I have discorvered a weird issue.

Basically in the default INI's untouched by Bethini, with NVHBAO enabled everything looks fine and no issues whatsoever
But in the Bethini modifiied INI's with NVHBAO enabled, the square pixels appear on the characters, NPC's, the walls and basically everywhere else you look, I have confirmed this to be the case, since as soon as disabling NVHBAO on the bethini profile and starting a brand new game the pixel issue went away. Has there been some changes to how NVHBAO is handled with the latest update to Bethini?

Interesting. I did make changes based off my testing, but I didn't see this issue. Is there a particular mod I need to test this against? 

The profile I'm testing this on, contains only cleaned DLC Master files, Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch, F4SE & it's scripts. Address Library, TBB Redistributables (part of Buffout mod) Buffout and ENB binaries and a preset, although the problem persists even when preset and ENB are not active, all I change to make the bug appear is bEnable=1 and bBackgroundAOEnable=1 under [NVHBAO]

4 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

Interesting. I did make changes based off my testing, but I didn't see this issue. Is there a particular mod I need to test this against? 

Just to help further, these are the NVHBAO settings I was using when I got the problem

Spoiler

[NVHBAO]
bBackgroundAOEnable=1
bBlurEnable=0
bBlurSharpnessProfileEnable=0
bDepthThresholdEnable=0
bEnable=1
fBackgroundAOViewDepth=750.0000
fBias=0.1000
fBlurSharpness=16.0000
fBlurSharpnessProfileBackgroundViewDepth=1.0000
fBlurSharpnessProfileForegroundSharpnessScale=4.0000
fBlurSharpnessProfileForegroundViewDepth=0.0000
fCoarseAO=1.0000
fDepthThresholdMaxViewDepth=500.0000
fDepthThresholdSharpness=100.0000
fDetailAO=0.6500
fPowerExponent=2.5000
fRadius=0.6500
iBlurRadiusEnum=1
iDepthClampModeEnum=0

and these are the settings that I was suggested to try by a friend that seemed to fix/hugely reduce the pixelations

Spoiler

[NVHBAO]
bBackgroundAOEnable=1
bBlurEnable=1
bBlurSharpnessProfileEnable=1
bDepthThresholdEnable=0
bEnable=1
fBias=0.5000
fBlurSharpness=16.0000
fBlurSharpnessProfileForegroundSharpnessScale=0.0000
fBlurSharpnessProfileForegroundViewDepth=1.0000
fCoarseAO=0.7000
fDetailAO=5.0000
fPowerExponent=3.5000
fRadius=0.3200
iBlurRadiusEnum=1
iDepthClampModeEnum=0

I don't know if this will help you in any way, but thought it might be helpful to at least have that section of INI

Edited by Rebel47

17 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

It's either bBlurEnable=1 setting or bBlurSharpnessProfileEnable=1 setting. My money is on bBlurSharpnessProfileEnable=1.

Ok I did some testing on this..

Do note that every test was performed on a brand new game, no saves were used during this testing for both accuracy and consistency in results.

Initially I set bBlurSharpnessProfileEnable= to 1 as shown below

Spoiler

[NVHBAO]
bBackgroundAOEnable=1
bBlurEnable=0
bBlurSharpnessProfileEnable=1
bDepthThresholdEnable=0
bEnable=1
fBias=0.1000
fBlurSharpness=16.0000
fCoarseAO=1.0000
fDetailAO=0.6500
fPowerExponent=2.5000
fRadius=0.6500
iBlurRadiusEnum=1
iDepthClampModeEnum=0

During this test the pixels were still present on both the female face during character creation and on the wall and lavatory seat after creation of character.

The I set bBlurSharpnessProfileEnable= back to 0 and changed bBlurEnable= to 1 as shown below

Spoiler

[NVHBAO]
bBackgroundAOEnable=1
bBlurEnable=1
bBlurSharpnessProfileEnable=0
bDepthThresholdEnable=0
bEnable=1
fBias=0.1000
fBlurSharpness=16.0000
fCoarseAO=1.0000
fDetailAO=0.6500
fPowerExponent=2.5000
fRadius=0.6500
iBlurRadiusEnum=1
iDepthClampModeEnum=0

During this test the pixels were not visible, I even switched between characters and checked twice, double checked both the wall and lavatory seat (closely as well to make sure) and this setting seems to be the one that fixed the issue.

I hope this information proves useful. Is this something that can be set/noterized within Bethini, maybe make a note of it somewhere inside Bethini's GUI/UI that this particualr INI setting is/has been tested/proven to cause pixels on faces/walls etc.

Thanks for your time on this matter DoubleYou.

Edited by Rebel47
Fixing mistakes.

1 hour ago, Rebel47 said:

Ok I did some testing on this..

Do note that every test was performed on a brand new game, no saves were used during this testing for both accuracy and consistency in results.

Initially I set bBlurSharpnessProfileEnable= to 1 as shown below

Reveal hidden contents

During this test the pixels were still present on both the female face during character creation and on the wall and lavatory seat after creation of character.

The I set bBlurSharpnessProfileEnable= back to 0 and changed bBlurEnable= to 1 as shown below

Reveal hidden contents

During this test the pixels were not visible, I even switched between characters and checked twice, double checked both the wall and lavatory seat (closely as well to make sure) and this setting seems to be the one that fixed the issue.

I hope this information proves useful. Is this something that can be set/noterized within Bethini, maybe make a note of it somewhere inside Bethini's GUI/UI that this particualr INI setting is/has been tested/proven to cause pixels on faces/walls etc.

Thanks for your time on this matter DoubleYou.

Thanks for testing this. I'll update the presets and the Fallout4Prefs.ini guides accordingly. 

Fallout 4 stutters in combat with BethINI presets for me while even vanilla Ultra works smoothly

I'd appreciate any help

load order:

Spoiler

Fallout4.esm
DLCRobot.esm
DLCworkshop01.esm
DLCCoast.esm
DLCworkshop02.esm
DLCworkshop03.esm
DLCNukaWorld.esm
DLCUltraHighResolution.esm
Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp
HUDFramework.esm
XDI.esm
PPF.esm
BetterCoastalWaves.esl
FOVSlider.esl
AORobcoReconScope.esl
ColterFix.esp
Keep Radiants In Commonwealth.esp
PrestonNoRadiant.esp
Keep Radiants in Commonwealth - UF4P Patch.esp
No Preston Radiants - UF4P Patch.esp
No Aggro Impact Landing.esp
Fortune Finder 4 Fix.esp
RAW INPUT.esp
Immersive HUD.esp
LunarFalloutOverhaul.esp
InstitWeapPosit.esp
RustDevilRedux.esp
Lunar Overhaul - Laser Reposition Patch.esp
Some_Assembly_Required_Repair_Kits.esp
Complex Vendors.esp
TrueInvisibility.esp
SurvivalSaving_Holotapes.esp
Clarity.esp
Commonwealth Climate.esp
CompanionStatus.esp
SalvageBeacons.esp
Lunar Overhaul - UF4P Patch.esp
Lunar Overhaul - PARK Patch.esp
Lunar Overhaul - Complex Vendors.esp
Lunar Overhaul - True Invisibility Patch.esp
R88_SimpleSorter.esp
PRP.esp
PRP-Compat-Clarity-43.esp
InteriorsEnhanced-All-In-One.esp
PRP-Compat-IntEnh.esp
M8r Complex Sorter.esp

7 hours ago, azumukupoe said:

Fallout 4 stutters in combat with BethINI presets for me while even vanilla Ultra works smoothly

I'd appreciate any help

load order:

Reveal hidden contents

BethINI Ultra uses significantly improved texture resolution settings compared to vanilla. This may cause reduced performance on heavily modded setups utilizing very high texture sizes. The presets are generally designed to be about the same or better performance on a vanilla setup, but are in no way a direct one to one relationship, especially when mods are added into the picture. Use a lower BethINI preset to remove performance issues.

8 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

BethINI Ultra uses significantly improved texture resolution settings compared to vanilla. This may cause reduced performance on heavily modded setups utilizing very high texture sizes. The presets are generally designed to be about the same or better performance on a vanilla setup, but are in no way a direct one to one relationship, especially when mods are added into the picture. Use a lower BethINI preset to remove performance issues.

well I followed this guide then added some HUD mods though I don't know if it's a heavily modded setup

hello, first post, very new to this site but I figured i'd share some of my findings on fallout 4 with bethINI 3.6.

regarding the blocky HBAO+ mentioned above, i also had this issue. 

and regarding the heavy stuttering; i found that when using the bethINI presets, under the [General] list, iTextureUpgradeDistance and iTextureDegradeDistance is pushed WAY, WAY too high. like comically high. its insane. no idea who thought this was a good idea but this if someone could verify that this is happening on their end also, i think we'll have found our culprit. i use the vanilla high res pack and it quickly fills up 8gb vram + 16gb system ram on the very first save load and starts dying badly. these can be changed to their default values easily though if you wanna actually be able to play the game.

here's what bethINI HIGH preset pushes them to...

iTextureUpgradeDistance1=8192!!!!!!!!!
iTextureUpgradeDistance0=4096!!!!!!!!!!
iTextureDegradeDistance1=10240!!!!!!!!!!!!
iTextureDegradeDistance0=6144!!!!!!!!!!!

...and here are the vanilla values:
iTextureUpgradeDistance1=1200
iTextureUpgradeDistance0=600
iTextureDegradeDistance1=1500
iTextureDegradeDistance0=800

Edited by thantoasty_