DoubleYou

13 minutes ago, DuH said:

Yes, extracted in the same default windows download folder "DOWNLOADS"

Also running with admin privilege

That location is inside your user profile. Not positive if it is under UAC control or not. Move folder to C:/Modding or the like. You don't need admin. As a last resort, you can take ownership of the location, but that's not necessary either.

4 hours ago, z929669 said:

That location is inside your user profile. Not positive if it is under UAC control or not. Move folder to C:/Modding or the like. You don't need admin. As a last resort, you can take ownership of the location, but that's not necessary either.

Yeah, D:\DOWNLOAD. Also tried  C:\Desktop, but still not working. Administrator privileges were my last resort before coming here on the forum.

2 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

Could you please take a screenshot of your extracted BethINI folder? Also, it isn't wise to have a Windows Defender exclusion for the downloads folder. 

Sorry, I expressed myself poorly, I put your program(BethINI.exe) in windows defender(In case it could be a false positive).

Screenshot_3.thumb.png.d9ea27a375aa3b27a9f1e834b8e05511.png

And also tried in desktop

Screenshot_2.thumb.png.8f8a16033cfcc4425f1a792f29b1603b.png

Hmmm. I can't see any reason why that wouldn't work. There must be something special about your setup. Try looking in Event Viewer, as I would expect there to be some displayed errors in there, probably under Application Error. Not sure how useful it is to find out the issue, however. It has all the hallmarks of an overzealous Antivirus, but you got it excluded, so unless you have a second Antivirus, I'm not sure what the issue might be.

You might try the AHK Script version. You just need to download and install Autohotkey to use it.

Alternatively, if you are only trying to tweak Skyrim Special Edition, you could try and see if the beta version under Miscellaneous works for you. It's got a few bugs, but seems mostly stable. Totally different code/guihttps://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/4875/?tab=files

This is weird...

The program shows no sign of life. Nothing happens, no process, no circular pointer, not even generate a log on the event viewer. The beta version works, it opened perfectly, although it looks different(according to the prints). I also don't have other antiviruses.

Thank you anyway. I'm going to use the beta version, I hope to be able to use it when there's another update.

Cheers,

DuH

• +1 1

1 hour ago, DuH said:

This is weird...

The program shows no sign of life. Nothing happens, no process, no circular pointer, not even generate a log on the event viewer. The beta version works, it opened perfectly, although it looks different(according to the prints). I also don't have other antiviruses.

Thank you anyway. I'm going to use the beta version, I hope to be able to use it when there's another update.

Cheers,

DuH

Installing on Desktop is also under your profile. Please try installing on c:\ drive. If it still doesn't launch, then you can try taking ownership of the directory and children where you install it under c:/

The only other reason I can think of that it won't launch is if you are missing some core .Net or basic libraries needed. @DoubleYou would know what the core dependencies are.

2 hours ago, z929669 said:

Installing on Desktop is also under your profile. Please try installing on c:\ drive. If it still doesn't launch, then you can try taking ownership of the directory and children where you install it under c:/

The only other reason I can think of that it won't launch is if you are missing some core .Net or basic libraries needed. @DoubleYou would know what the core dependencies are.

No. Still nothing.

I have the latest Microsoft .net framework, directx and Vcard driver and all this Microsoft Visual c++

Screenshot_2.thumb.png.41702a0404bd885175c2c5d714a03f83.png

What exactly you mean "try taking ownership of the directory..." ? About permissions? If yes, i have all permissions, me ADM and me USER, only don't have "special" because windows disable it.

As I mentioned, DoubleYou is the developer of BethINI, so he will know.

Taking ownership of a directory in Windows to avoid permissions issues with UAC:

image.png

This is a last resort and should NOT be done in OS-sensitive areas. This is why we recommend install locations to places like DRIVE:/Modding/*

Yes, this Potentially Unwanted Application Blocking has caused me problems before, It been disabled.

I really have no idea, either, why this is happening. I've never seen anything like it. I will try again later when I format my computer. There's something escaping from my eyes.

I remember one time in development I had a similar issue, where Python wouldn't run for me. It was just plain broken. Worked on my laptop, not my desktop. I finally gave up troubleshooting it, and did like you said, reformatted and reinstalled. Then it worked. I blame Microsoft Updates.

That being said, I did take the time to look at your Visual C++ redistributables, and you got multiple entries and multiple versions installed (probably most of us do), and not the most up-to-date versions. You could try uninstalling and reinstalling these to see if that fixes the issue. This is the current list of them that I have with the most up to date versions (it appears mine were out of date too, so I just reinstalled them myself just now). Microsoft does a terrible job of keeping these up-to-date.

image.png

Even the website has some update issue. They can't seem to keep everything they have. Site update was from a few months ago, for qse all these. However, the version is below the one you have. I had to search, and on more sites of their own, without saying anything about which version it is, I found and installed everything, result, I have 2 versions of each now hahaha. And I took advantage of the restart and updated windows too,

I restarted... And a tear leaked from my eyes when I saw the pointer circle for a brief moment. But it still didn't work.

I played around with regedit a bit and also ran some commands at the prompt to fetch and repair my windows files(and some of them were fixed), but after all this time, the most i got was the circular pointer to stay for +-1 sec before not showing program responses(not even the process is opened). I also played with o services.msc of windows. But nothing seems to solve my problem or show me some direction with some log or error message. Nothing just happens, not even in the Event View(which doesn't seem to be generating an error, I'm assuming?).

I'm failing to check, I don't know which direction to go other than to reformat windows and try again. But unfortunately it's not possible right now, I have some work in progress and I can't waste that time reinstalling all the requirements. I will use the beta version for now.

Thanks for the help anyway, in some time if I manage to start the program(or not) after formatting, I'll be back to give you news.

Cheers,

DuH

Edited by DuH
  • +1 1

Hello there! Dunno if anyone here can help me but i hope so! Im running a fully modded oblivion right now that ive spent a lot of time making, its relatively stable now, but the performance is bad, so im trying to use bethini to help me with that!
But every time i follow the readme steps and use the program, the resulting ini that it outputs crashes my game on loading into the gameworld...

So i cant find whats wrong here... If anyone can help ill leave my ini's, pre-bethini and pos-behtini, here.

Thanks!

Oblivion pos-bethini.ini Oblivion pre-bethini.ini

@jold

The instructions in the readme include instructions to reset your INIs to the defaults. This is what happens when you click the Default preset. In your case, you already had a fully modded setup working, and customized changes which require that those changes remain. Therefore, you do NOT want to reset them to default, as it then changes the settings to default values that you don't want in your case. Using the other preset buttons other than "Default" should allow you to tweak performance without changing your customized settings.

In your case, you have customized fonts because of your UI mod (DarNified UI by the looks). Without those fonts set to what they need to be, I believe this is causing the crash in your case. There are other significant changes, however, that I'm not certain of the effect when changed between saves. Also, your post bethini file indicates an increase in screen resolution from 1920x1080 to 2560x1440. If your screen is incapable of the increased resolution, that also could be the cause of CTD.

My recommendation would be to restore your pre bethini file, run BethINI, skip selecting the Default button, select a preset, ensure your resolution is set how you want, and tweak from there.