DoubleYou

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Is there a way to prevent BethINI to do ANY (and by any I mean, even "removed because it's invalid/bad/not used" etc.) edits on startup/refresh, if I haven't clicked a single checkbox/button/loaded any preset yet?

I just wanted to use bINI to set just a few settings (to a custom ini), like water reflection, lightflickering distance, and disable improved snow shader.

you know , one line at a time.

even if I don't touch a single button but refresh, it already does some edits to my inis, which I really don't like.

Is there a way for an "expert" or "non-invasive" mode? 

Edited by darksynth0
  • +1 1

Not currently. The beta version gets close. It will not modify any setting unless you change it, but it will remove any ini setting that is invalid, and it will sort your ini file. Comments will remain on the beta version. Otherwise, you will need to make the edits manually, which would seem to be within your capability. 

• 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Vanders said:

I have a question, please.

In the view distance section of Bethini, is there any downside to maxing out all the sliders?

Well, FPS will probably take a significant dip, but you shouldn't have any other problems.

1 hour ago, DoubleYou said:

Well, FPS will probably take a significant dip, but you shouldn't have any other problems.

I see, thank you.

From your testing, is there a notable difference in distance when maxed (not the ugrids which I won't touch)?

Are there any visual bugs?

@DoubleYou I've asked you a question about BethINI which you answered, but that was on CSSET topic. I will proceed here since this one is the correct topic.

To put it simple, do I have to worry about BethINI changing the values of sResourceArchiveList and sResourceArchiveList2? Just like you I expect these settings to be correct, but for me the correct way is the way I set it. In my case having these specific settings with the values you take as being the correct ones would result in a game without textures at all.

No doubt BethINI is a very good tool, I'm just looking for clarification.

Hello everyone,

I recently downloaded BethINI, but it won't open.

What did I do? I added it to the Windows Defender exclusion list(also tryed disable WD), I add permision it in the Firewall, I restarted the computer and it still doesn't open.

Any tips?

Cheers,

DuH

When I update BethINI, I download the archive from Nexus, right click on the downloaded archive and click Unblock+OK so Windows doesn't freak out because it came from the Internet, and then extract it to a path like C:\Modding Tools\BethINI.

2 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

Did you extract the archive before running it? It needs to be extracted before you can run it, as it needs the files contained within. Also, where did you extract it? 

Yes, extracted in the same default windows download folder "DOWNLOADS"

Also running with admin privilege