DoubleYou

Windowed Borderless Mode FTW! 60fps and zero screen tear!

Thanks for your assistance Dubya!

Is windowed borderless mode problematic at all for running heavily modded Skyrim though or can I crack on now?

I've been using borderless window mode for the past several years without any noticable issues. I prefer it in my case because it allows me to easily Alt+Tab back to the desktop.

Whenever I choose any of the BethINI presets and/or recommended tweaks it seems that my gamepad gets disabled. Everything else recognises it. But even if I go in and manually alter bGamepadEnable=1 and whether I tick/untick it within the games UI my gamepad inputs simply don't function. When I revert to any vanilla presets however functionality is restored.

I can't find any other ini line other than bGamepadEnable that BethINI might be changing that could be causing this? Any ideas?

Another slightly less annoying issue is that when I'm remoting to my PC via Parsec, if any BethINI tweaks have been added when I tab out or quit the game my mouse cursor is invisible. The only way to get it back is to disconnect via parsec and reconnect again. Again this doesn't happen if reverting to vanilla.

• 2 weeks later...

fGamepadHeadingXScale

fGamepadHeadingYScale

fGamepadHeadingSentivity

There are other controller settings as well, but that would be a good start. I haven't tried adjusting other controller settings, but I've seen other people recommend adjustments to them. Having those 3 that I listed might encourage feedback from other people though. 

EDIT:

Here's some recommendations I've seen:

fGamepadLookAccelPitchMult
fGamepadLookAccelYawMult
fGamepadLookAccelSec
fRThumbDeadzone
fRThumbDeadzoneMax
bGamepadLookApplySnapToAxis
Edited by novastark

I see there are a bunch. I'll put it on the list. I want to get major version 4.0 finished before I start adding new features. Making good progress, but probably a while to go yet. Sneak peek:

Screenshot-2021-02-02-202034.png

Awesome thanks! Also cool to see the new version!

Not sure where to ask this next question though. I saw in Bethini, the tooltip for Shadows>Exterior Draw Distance says Performance=Negligible. However, I tried setting this to 200,000 for testing purposes and found that exterior shadows become blurry, lowres, and flicker with that setting set that high. I'll have to do more testing to find the maximum value before shadows because garbage. However, maybe this is something wrong on my setup, so if anyone has any insight, do let me know.

• 4 weeks later...

EDIT:  RESOLVED.  I think it was a simple matter of refreshing the cells.  Restarting the game didn't work, refreshing the game cells seems to have though.  Or maybe going into a new in-game area?  In any case, I'm having no blur with my peripheral vision graphics now.

I want Depth of Field disabled.  Depth of Field seems to be showing up in my game (if its NOT depth of field and its something else my apologies)

I've unchecked Depth of Field in Bethini.  I've ensured Bethini is editing the appropriate MO2 profile.

I have a set of screenshots, the first 2 show what I believe is Depth of Field on the borders of each screenshot.

The remaining screenshots show my Bethini settings and demonstrations that the correct MO2 profile is being utilized.

If you need any more info please let me know.

Also, your PayPal link on Bethini is not working

EDIT:  RESOLVED.  I think it was a simple matter of refreshing the cells.  Restarting the game didn't work, refreshing the game cells seems to have though.  Or maybe going into a new in-game area?  In any case, I'm having no blur with my peripheral vision graphics now.

Edited by piranha45

3 hours ago, piranha45 said:

I want Depth of Field disabled.  Depth of Field seems to be showing up in my game (if its NOT depth of field and its something else my apologies)

I've unchecked Depth of Field in Bethini.  I've ensured Bethini is editing the appropriate MO2 profile.

I have a set of screenshots, the first 2 show what I believe is Depth of Field on the borders of each screenshot.

The remaining screenshots show my Bethini settings and demonstrations that the correct MO2 profile is being utilized.

If you need any more info please let me know.

Also, your PayPal link on Bethini is not working

There is more than one kind of depth of field in SSE, and not all forms of it are currently toggled off with the Depth of Field toggle. It currently only toggles the Oldrim equivalent form of DOF (bDoDepthOfField:Imagespace). Be aware that disabling depth of field can make underwater vision appear far too clear. I haven't made a comprehensive INI solution to removing DOF in its entirety as of yet.

Relevant settings that need tested:

Skyrim.ini

[Display]
bDOFApplyCenterWeight=1
bDOFBilateralBlur=1
bDynamicDOF=1
fDDOFAngleThreshold=2.0000
fDDOFFocusCenterweightExt=1.6000
fDDOFFocusCenterweightInt=1.0000
fDDOFFocusDelay=500.0000
fDDOFFocusDuration=1000.0000
fDDOFPositionThreshold=5.0000
fDOFCenterWeight=0.6000
fDOFMaxDepthParticipation=50000.0000
fDynamicDOFBlurMultiplierMax=1.0000
fDynamicDOFBlurMultiplierMin=0.0000
fDynamicDOFFarBlur=0.7000
fDynamicDOFFarDist=1000.0000
fDynamicDOFFarRange=10000.0000
fDynamicDOFNearBlur=1.0000
fDynamicDOFNearDist=100.0000
fDynamicDOFNearRange=100.0000

[Imagespace]
bDoRadialBlur=1
fRenderDepthMaxDepth=10000.0000
iRadialBlurLevel=0

SkyrimPrefs.ini

[Display]
fDynamicDOFBlurMultiplier=0.8000

If you have ENB installed, the easiest way to disable the game's DOF is by setting DisableGameDOF=true under [FIX] in enblocal.ini. However, since I see you have a lot of settings disabled, I think it is safe to believe that you do not use ENB.

I haven't tested yet, but setting the following probably will turn all the other forms of DOF off. It may also crash the game!

Skyrim.ini

[Display]
bDOFApplyCenterWeight=0
bDOFBilateralBlur=0
bDynamicDOF=0

[Imagespace]
bDoRadialBlur=0

As for donations, you can click the link in the header of the website here.

• 1 month later...

Is there any way to use BethINI with Enderal SE? Tried juryrigging it by setting it to Enderal and to Skyrim SE, but they seemed iffy and I didn't wanna mess up my stuff. Just really desperate to remove the mouse acceleration/crazy speed in menus

Edited by Cynical

This is in the skyrimprefs.ini guide:

bScreenSpaceReflectionEnabled

bScreenSpaceReflectionEnabled toggles screen-space reflections (SSR), a technique which uses screen-space ray-tracing to calculate accurate reflections on the surface of objects. Because of its screen-space nature, however, the effect will fade at the edges of the screen. SSRs are most noticeable on water or metallic clutter. It is recommended to leave them enabled, unless certain water mods cause things to look strange.

bScreenSpaceReflectionEnabled=(0,1).