DoubleYou

3 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

@jold

The instructions in the readme include instructions to reset your INIs to the defaults. This is what happens when you click the Default preset. In your case, you already had a fully modded setup working, and customized changes which require that those changes remain. Therefore, you do NOT want to reset them to default, as it then changes the settings to default values that you don't want in your case. Using the other preset buttons other than "Default" should allow you to tweak performance without changing your customized settings.

In your case, you have customized fonts because of your UI mod (DarNified UI by the looks). Without those fonts set to what they need to be, I believe this is causing the crash in your case. There are other significant changes, however, that I'm not certain of the effect when changed between saves. Also, your post bethini file indicates an increase in screen resolution from 1920x1080 to 2560x1440. If your screen is incapable of the increased resolution, that also could be the cause of CTD.

My recommendation would be to restore your pre bethini file, run BethINI, skip selecting the Default button, select a preset, ensure your resolution is set how you want, and tweak from there.

Thanks for answering. However my issue cant be solved like that, ive done that workaround some times already, it never worked.

It also cant be the resolution because my monitor is 2560x1440, i just decreased the resolution in order to increase performance, also ive checked the fonts in the ini before testing and it crashed anyway, also im always testing with a new save, i havent started a playthrough yet...

I read that the tool automatically deleted "obsolete settings" maybe its mistaking a necessary mod's setting for a useless one and deleting it?

Ive already tried comparing the pre/pos-bethini and default inis with winmerge, but i didnt find the issue...

Im annexing my last log and plugins.txt, if you can find something amiss, then please do tell me.

2021 Sat Aug 28 - 19.09.14.rar plugins.txt

12 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

What do you mean by "it wasn't that"? Did it crash or not? If it did crash when loading that way, please ensure that it doesn't crash with your pre-bethini file. 

I meant that the changes that happen when i only "save and quit" in bethini didn't cause a crash.

57 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

What do you mean by "it wasn't that"? Did it crash or not? If it did crash when loading that way, please ensure that it doesn't crash with your pre-bethini file. 

Found the issue! Must have missed it,
Bethini was deleting the lines in the ini for LTD Vampire Overhaul, these lines:
It was the source of the crash! I just hope no more issues come from this...

[VampireTweaks]
bDisableSkinShading=1
bDisableAging=1
bDisableEyeChange=0
bDisableMorphing=0
bVampLoadFix=1

Thanks anyway DoubleYou!

• 4 weeks later...

Guys I'm experiencing texture popping/disappearing completely in the Mosignor Plaza zone, specifically it happens in the Ticonderoga building and the one next to it. I've read on Steam forums that to another user that something similar to this happened he deleted his ini files and the problem was solved, does anybody has experienced this and knows which settings are the ones that are messing with the textures? I'm posting here because the only changes my ini files have received have come from BethINI, I haven't edited them manually.

Thanks.

55 minutes ago, wontell said:

Guys I'm experiencing texture popping/disappearing completely in the Mosignor Plaza zone, specifically it happens in the Ticonderoga building and the one next to it. I've read on Steam forums that to another user that something similar to this happened he deleted his ini files and the problem was solved, does anybody has experienced this and knows which settings are the ones that are messing with the textures? I'm posting here because the only changes my ini files have received have come from BethINI, I haven't edited them manually.

Thanks.

Pictures/video? Post your ini files would be helpful. 

Now that's a cool bug. I have never seen that before, but then, you do have some fancy INI tweaks in there. You're sure you only used BethINI? It looks like you need to just follow the instructions on my mod page for first time setup... resetting to Default and applying a preset (probably Medium or High).

I believe the setting causing the issue is likely fMeshLODFadeScalar in Fallout4Prefs.ini. You have it set to 3. It is normally set to 1. I've never heard of someone increasing this value to any good effect.

3 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

Now that's a cool bug. I have never seen that before, but then, you do have some fancy INI tweaks in there. You're sure you only used BethINI? It looks like you need to just follow the instructions on my mod page for first time setup... resetting to Default and applying a preset (probably Medium or High).

I believe the setting causing the issue is likely fMeshLODFadeScalar in Fallout4Prefs.ini. You have it set to 3. It is normally set to 1. I've never heard of someone increasing this value to any good effect.

I'm pretty sure, I mean it could be my previous changes (like 1 year ago) but I created a new profile in MO which means the settings were resetted to the default inis, isn't it? I will try reverting fMeshLODFadeScalar to 1 and if it doesn't work I'll try starting from scratch. Thanks for the help!

Well, I tried everything, even resetting the INIs to the default ones and I still have the same issue so it doesn't have anything to do with BethINI, now to figure out what is causing it.

EDIT: Ah! I figured it out, it was all my fault, I was using "Boston FPS Fix - aka BostonDT PreVis-PreCombine" and "Previs Repair Pack" together (forgot to disable the former).

Edited by wontell

• 1 month later...

Hello, I’ve just started playing Skyrim (the original version) on my PC, (I put +2000h back in the day on X360), and I’ve install Mod Organier 2 and SKSE and with BethINI, so I could begin modding.

However I have a problem with the windowed mode ; When I choose full screen on BethINI no problem, but when choose windowed mode (because I want to use my PC, therefore I want to play in windowed mode), I have no control over anything.

It’s like the game is thinking he is in full screen, and no windows key function, or alt+enter or alt+F4 respond.

I’m stuck in a misaligned windows which I cannot move or select either. My cursor in confined inside that misaligned window, and I’m force to quit the game.

I have look at the settings on BethINI but nothing seem to be wrong, I don’t understand, can you help me ?

PXL_20211107_213543131.jpg