• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi! 

I am having some troubles with DynDOLOD. I installed it following the steps you mentioned in the page, but it didn't recognize PapyrusUtil even when i had it installed. Seeing this, i decided to try with DynDOLOD.dll, i followed every step and it didn't recognize it either. 

The .dll and the scripts were installed through MO2, and I've tried installing it manually too but both ways throw me the same error (DynDOLOD requires DynDOLOD.dll). 

If any questions, yes: SKSE is installed and up to date, fully recognized by the game, but rarely the new version does not generate any .log file :(. 

Edited by aegemon45

7 hours ago, aegemon45 said:

If any questions, yes: SKSE is installed and up to date, fully recognized by the game, but rarely the new version does not generate any .log file :(. 

FAQ: Game: DynDOLOD requires DynDOLOD.DLL 

A: If the intention is to use PapyrusUtil, make sure the papyrus scripts from DynDOLOD Resources are not overwritten by the papyrus scripts from DynDOLOD DLL. Do not install anything from DynDOLOD DLL.

A: The DynDOLOD.DLL is not installed into the correct games ..\Data\SKSE\Plugins folder, outdated or not running at all. 

A: Make sure you have the correct DynDOLOD.DLL version for the current Skyrim and SKSE versions that is used and none of its files are overwritten by other mods. The DynDOLOD DLL papyrus scripts need to overwrite the papyrus scripts from DynDOLOD Resources which are for PapyrusUtil. 

A: Check the c:\Users\[username]\Documents\My Games\[Skyrim|Skyrim Special Edition|Skyrim VR]\SKSE\[skse|skse64|sksevr].log that the DynDOLOD.DLL was loaded correctly. 

SKSE or the game is not setup or working  correctly if it can not write its log files.

If the problem persists, post the skse64_steam_loader.log, skse64_loader.log, skse64.log. If one of the logs does not exist, then fix that problem with the game/SKSE setup.

14 hours ago, sheson said:

FAQ: Game: DynDOLOD requires DynDOLOD.DLL 

A: If the intention is to use PapyrusUtil, make sure the papyrus scripts from DynDOLOD Resources are not overwritten by the papyrus scripts from DynDOLOD DLL. Do not install anything from DynDOLOD DLL.

A: The DynDOLOD.DLL is not installed into the correct games ..\Data\SKSE\Plugins folder, outdated or not running at all. 

A: Make sure you have the correct DynDOLOD.DLL version for the current Skyrim and SKSE versions that is used and none of its files are overwritten by other mods. The DynDOLOD DLL papyrus scripts need to overwrite the papyrus scripts from DynDOLOD Resources which are for PapyrusUtil. 

A: Check the c:\Users\[username]\Documents\My Games\[Skyrim|Skyrim Special Edition|Skyrim VR]\SKSE\[skse|skse64|sksevr].log that the DynDOLOD.DLL was loaded correctly. 

SKSE or the game is not setup or working  correctly if it can not write its log files.

If the problem persists, post the skse64_steam_loader.log, skse64_loader.log, skse64.log. If one of the logs does not exist, then fix that problem with the game/SKSE setup.

Hi Sheson! Thank you for the answer!

I re-installed the addon and it seems that everything's ok. The problem was that SKSE didn't generate a folder in Data, so i had to create it and put in it the dyndolod.dll, so that made the trick. Now Skyrim tells me that DynDOLOD initialized correctly. Thank you again a lot for your help :). 

Hey sheson,

I switched recently from the PapyrusUtil Version to the DLL one (Version 1.5.97 as I am still stickig to SE without the free content/Update).

Haven't found where to read it so I ask here: In the DLL Version I can't make use of the NiOverride feature - because it's not installed. But with the normal Version it was possible. Is it because RaceMenu for SE uses SKEE64 instead of NiOverride?

Second question: what's the cause for the Option 'fix large reference' to be missing in the mcm? Is it not neccessary or am I missing this now?

Thank you in advanve.

Edited by PRieST

2 hours ago, PRieST said:

Hey sheson,

I switched recently from the PapyrusUtil Version to the DLL one (Version 1.5.97 as I am still stickig to SE without the free content/Update).

Haven't found where to read it so I ask here: In the DLL Version I can't make use of the NiOverride feature - because it's not installed. But with the normal Version it was possible. Is it because RaceMenu for SE uses SKEE64 instead of NiOverride?

Second question: what's the cause for the Option 'fix large reference' to be missing in the mcm? Is it not neccessary or am I missing this now?

Thank you in advanve.

As explained in the optional requirements - regardless of PapyrusUtil or DynDOLOD DLL -  either RaceMenu or NetImmerse Override is required to change glow intensity of meshes in the game. It can not work without it that. The scripts use functions in nioverride.pex which should be part of Racemenu as well.

I do have Racemenu installed, still the Option is not choosable in the mcm from dyndolod of is use the DLL Variant.

With the papyrusutil Version it worked fine. Do you need any specific logs for this?

Edited by PRieST

15 minutes ago, PRieST said:

I do have Racemenu installed, still the Option is not choosable in the mcm from dyndolod of is use the DLL Variant.

With the papyrusutil Version it worked fine. Do you need any specific logs for this?

Compare the code of SHESON_DynDOLOD_MCM.psc in DynDOLOD Resources SE for PapyrusUtil with the code of the DynDOLOD DLL Script and you will see that they both contain the same conditions that need to be true in order to show the sliders for the Window Glow Multipliers.

if SKSE.GetPluginVersion("skee") >= 1 && NiOverride.GetScriptVersion() >= 6

I would assume something changed in  the load order that made one of these return false.

Other then that, check the papyrus log if an error is logged with the AddSliderOption commands.

Ok, I don't know, I did a complete reinstall of

DynDOLOD (with cleaning the save) as I did many times with the PapyrusUtil version and never had this problem.
So with the last generation (via DynDOLOD dll) the loadoder was the same as before, nothing changed.

I completely reinstalled RaceMenu and even unpacked the archive. From the source the nioverride.pex/psc has version 7 and here is the skee64.log, where also is pointed, that NiOverride was enabled.
This is the text of the DynDOLOD.dll log:
DynDOLOD Plugin 2.45.0 for Skyrim Script Extender 64 2.0.17 for Skyrim Special Edition 1.5.97.0
Reading file H:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\SKSE\Plugins\DynDOLOD_Data\DynDOLOD_worlds.txt

This is what the MCM is telling me:

Screen-Shot280.png

and under information tab:

Screen-Shot281.png

And the papyrus log if I interpret it correctly there isn't any error, either.

Edit: I checked the MCM script in DynDOLOD Resources and I have this line: 'if SKSE.GetPluginVersion("nioverride") >= 6 && NiOverride.GetScriptVersion() >= 6'. I'll double check now, if the script really got overwritten when I downloaded the DynDOLOD.DLL version 1.5.97

Yeah, I'm dumb, I downloaded LE version of the scripts, my bad. Sorry.

Edited by PRieST

• 8 months later...