DoubleYou

23 minutes ago, darkrain261 said:

Hi, I want to report a minor issue with Skyrim AE. That's when I open BethINI, the setting "ireflectionresolutiondivider" sometimes will be automatically set back to 1, although I have changed to another value. This happens when I run BethINI, so not opening it kinda solve the problem but that's would defeat the purpose of it.

Not really a big deal but I prefer a higher value to increase my fps. Sometimes when I lost in the wood and fps drops, it usually because of this setting is set back to 1. Thank you.

Thanks for the report. Old BethINI is being replaced with Bethini Pie, so this will undoubtedly be solved then.

22 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

Thanks for the report. Old BethINI is being replaced with Bethini Pie, so this will undoubtedly be solved then.

No problem, I just need to remind myself to check the value again after using BethINI. Also I look forward to the new Bethini Pie. Cheers!

• +1 1

Hi, is there a way to completely uninstall bethini? (Skyrim AE)

Alternatively, what is the value/setting for smooth transitions using the mouse wheel?

I'm having a problem with zooming between 1st and 3rd person, where the camera isn't smooth, but choppy. I found some advice online suggesting it was the bethini settings, and I managed to remove the problem by restoring backup to before bethini in the setup tab.

But then I made the mistake of trying to use bethini again, to see which settings might be the ones affecting this camera problem. Because of course the problem came back, and for some reason now the restore backup doesn't work anymore. I can see that the Before Bethini folder in my MO2 is now empty for some reason, so I'm guessing that's why nothing happens when attempting to restore.

So I'm thinking a complete uninstall should help, but I'm not sure how that's done. Would be a lot easier if I just knew which setting to adjust for the camera problem.

9 hours ago, donspure said:

Hi, is there a way to completely uninstall bethini? (Skyrim AE)

Alternatively, what is the value/setting for smooth transitions using the mouse wheel?

I'm having a problem with zooming between 1st and 3rd person, where the camera isn't smooth, but choppy. I found some advice online suggesting it was the bethini settings, and I managed to remove the problem by restoring backup to before bethini in the setup tab.

But then I made the mistake of trying to use bethini again, to see which settings might be the ones affecting this camera problem. Because of course the problem came back, and for some reason now the restore backup doesn't work anymore. I can see that the Before Bethini folder in my MO2 is now empty for some reason, so I'm guessing that's why nothing happens when attempting to restore.

So I'm thinking a complete uninstall should help, but I'm not sure how that's done. Would be a lot easier if I just knew which setting to adjust for the camera problem.

Simply set Mouse Wheel Zoom Speed to the default value of 0.8 in the Mouse Settings in the Interface tab. Uninstalling Bethini will not fix it, using the correct settings will.

10 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

Simply set Mouse Wheel Zoom Speed to the default value of 0.8 in the Mouse Settings in the Interface tab. Uninstalling Bethini will not fix it, using the correct settings will.

Haha, how did I miss that? Seems so obvious now, but I guess I just couldn't see the wood for the trees.

Anyway, it works like a charm when setting the value as you suggest, many thanks :)

Edited by donspure

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, darkrain261 said:

It's me again, I see that Pie now has SSE support, so if I want to change from old Bethini to Pie, should I just let Pie handle my current ini settings or should I revert back to my original back-up ini and then applying Pie settings? Thank you!

There is no need to revert. Pie can handle even completely bogus ini files.