DoubleYou

Update.

This setting:

[SaveGame]
iAutoSaveCount=0

leads to automatic CTD every time I go to menu and click on the save menu:

The game expect at least iAutoSaveCount=1 (I think it's hardcoded in Skyrim EXE)

However this setting works great:

[SaveGame]
iAutoSaveCount=3
bDisableAutoSave=1 
bAllowScriptedForceSave=0
bAllowScriptedAutosave=0

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Admiral30 said:

Is it possible to disable automatic override of user made changes?

Example: I'm manually changing one value from 0 to 1 in ini via notepad. Now I'm launching bethini, and bethini takes it as an user error and restores it to previous value from 1 to 0.

I do not understand the question. Could you provide an example? Are you using the beta version and changing things while Bethini Pie is still open? What game, what setting, what details? 

29 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

I do not understand the question. Could you provide an example? Are you using the beta version and changing things while Bethini Pie is still open? What game, what setting, what details? 

Bethini from nexus newest standalone. Bethini is inactive during that time. Game is Skyrim SE. Values: f1PArrowTiltUpAngle and f3PArrowTiltUpAngle, but I'm pretty sure it affects anything.

Sometimes its easier to just launch notepad and change values manually because mod descriptions mention "raw" values, while bethini uses more user friendly names. I'm changing these two values to 0.5 and 1.0 while bethini and MO2 are not launched. After launching bethini with MO2 still not launched, these two values go back to previous setting (2 and 2.5 iirc).

I take it as bethini saying "you did an oopsie i'm going to fix it for you", but it's exactly opposite, bethini breaks this option.

5 hours ago, Admiral30 said:

Bethini from nexus newest standalone. Bethini is inactive during that time. Game is Skyrim SE. Values: f1PArrowTiltUpAngle and f3PArrowTiltUpAngle, but I'm pretty sure it affects anything.

Sometimes its easier to just launch notepad and change values manually because mod descriptions mention "raw" values, while bethini uses more user friendly names. I'm changing these two values to 0.5 and 1.0 while bethini and MO2 are not launched. After launching bethini with MO2 still not launched, these two values go back to previous setting (2 and 2.5 iirc).

I take it as bethini saying "you did an oopsie i'm going to fix it for you", but it's exactly opposite, bethini breaks this option.

BethINI already has f1PArrowTiltUpAngle  and f3PArrowTiltUpAngle settings:

image.png

I just tested, and manual changes made to these settings work fine and are preserved. My guess is you are editing the INI file incorrectly, or editing the wrong INI files, misspelling, or similar.

• 2 weeks later...

Noticed an issue where BethINI seems to be modifying SkyrimCustom.ini, but not creating backups of SkyrimCustom.ini in either the cache folder or as .BethINIbackup files. As a result, the Restore Backup function does not work as expected, because the Custom .ini hangs around overruling Skyrim.ini. Backups for Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini seem to be generating just fine.

This is while using MO2 profile .inis (although not running MO2 alongside BethINI).

Edited by thpthpthp

29 minutes ago, thpthpthp said:

Noticed an issue where BethINI seems to be modifying SkyrimCustom.ini, but not creating backups of SkyrimCustom.ini in either the cache folder or as .BethINIbackup files. As a result, the Restore Backup function does not work as expected, because the Custom .ini hangs around overruling Skyrim.ini. Backups for Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini seem to be generating just fine.

This is while using MO2 profile .inis (although not running MO2 alongside BethINI).

Could you provide a log file? 

Absolutely. Tested with default .inis (including a blank skyrimcustom.ini). BethINI creates backups of Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini, but not SkyrimCustom.ini. When the Restore Backup function is used, the original Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini are swapped back, but the tweaked SkyrimCustom.ini stays, populated with all the default BethINI tweaks (and any other changes made).

Obviously unchecking 'Modify Custom INIs' is a workaround if one wants to avoid SkyrimCustom.ini entirely.

log.txt log.txt

49 minutes ago, thpthpthp said:

Absolutely. Tested with default .inis (including a blank skyrimcustom.ini). BethINI creates backups of Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini, but not SkyrimCustom.ini. When the Restore Backup function is used, the original Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini are swapped back, but the tweaked SkyrimCustom.ini stays, populated with all the default BethINI tweaks (and any other changes made).

Obviously unchecking 'Modify Custom INIs' is a workaround if one wants to avoid SkyrimCustom.ini entirely.

log.txt 4.76 kB · 2 downloads log.txt 15.2 kB · 2 downloads

Bug confirmed. Only broken on Skyrim Special Edition. Stupid mistake on my part. Not sure how I missed this, and I'm honestly surprised it wasn't reported before now.

Uploaded version 3.6

• Presets: Skyrim Special Edition BethINI presets have had significant performance-related changes more in line with today's hardware and the latest testing. The changes should result in very minimal difference performance while increasing details, especially distant details, which, to be frank, had been seriously gimped previously. However, I will warn you that my testing showed about a 4% drop in performance in the BethINI High preset versus the previous version. This is mostly caused by a slight bump up in Object Detail Fade and Grass Fade, and partially Distant Object Details.  Consider tweaking these settings slightly lower if you find this slight drop unacceptable. All other presets had very minimal performance change, but results may vary between systems.
  • Presets: Fallout 4 BethINI presets have had significant performance-related changes. The previous presets were mostly vanilla with very minimal changes. Presets now more closely line up with expected performance of vanilla presets, albeit more detailed.
  • Presets: Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas presets were revised slightly.
  • Recommended Tweaks: Added additional tweaks for Skyrim - uMaxSizeForCachedSound:Audio 4096, fDialogueHardStopAngle1P:Controls 180, fDialogueHardStopAngle3P:Controls 180, fDialogueSoftStopAngle1P:Controls 150, fDialogueSoftStopAngle3P:Controls 150, bBackgroundLoadVMData:General 1, uMaxCustomItemNameLength:Interface 64.
  • Recommended Tweaks: Removed tweaks for Skyrim - f3PArrowTiltUpAngle:Combat 0.7, fSkyCellRefFadeDistance:MAIN 600000
  • Recommended Tweaks: Added additional tweaks to recommended tweaks for Skyrim Special Edition - uMaxSizeForCachedSound:Audio 4096, fDialogueHardStopAngle1P:Controls 180, fDialogueHardStopAngle3P:Controls 180, fDialogueSoftStopAngle1P:Controls 150, fDialogueSoftStopAngle3P:Controls 150, bEnableLandFade:Display 0, fWaterSSRIntensity:Display 0.5, iLandscapeMultiNormalTilingFactor:Display 1, bBackgroundLoadVMData:General 1, uMaxCustomItemNameLength:Interface 64.
  • Removed Tweak: Sun-Shadow Transitions for Skyrim Special Edition was removed since it can cause blinking shadows. If you wish to change this setting, you can still do so in the Custom tab.
  • Removed Tweak: Sun-Shadow Update Time for Skyrim Special Edition. If you wish to change this setting, you can still do so in the Custom tab.
  • Removed Tweak: Sun-Shadow Update Threshold for Skyrim Special Edition. If you wish to change this setting, you can still do so in the Custom tab.
  • Controversial Tweaks: Added Sun-Shadow Transitions for Skyrim Special Edition since it can caused blinking shadows.
  • GUI Change: Moved position of Ambient Occlusion for Skyrim Special Edition.
  • GUI Change: Several sliders have had their ranges increased/decreased under View Distance.
  • Bugfix: Skyrim Special Edition didn't backup SkyrimCustom.ini.
  • Bugfix: Changed all references to "Lock Sensitivity" to "Look Sensitivity." I legitimately thought it was called "Lock Sensitivity."
  • Bugfix: New AE settings no longer removed for Skyrim Special Edition.
  • Bugfix: Fixed broken links.

The presets included in this update are superior to those defined in the beta, and will be merged with the beta at next beta release.

On 1/17/2021 at 9:32 AM, tekkenlord777 said:

Whenever I choose any of the BethINI presets and/or recommended tweaks it seems that my gamepad gets disabled. Everything else recognises it. But even if I go in and manually alter bGamepadEnable=1 and whether I tick/untick it within the games UI my gamepad inputs simply don't function. When I revert to any vanilla presets however functionality is restored.

I can't find any other ini line other than bGamepadEnable that BethINI might be changing that could be causing this? Any ideas?

Hey! I just made an account so I could answer you, not sure if it has been answered yet. 
I had the same problem and enabling vsync fixed it. (I checked the vsync box in bethini)
Good luck!