Better Shaped Weapons - BSW (by masterofshadows and LeanWolf)

WilliamImm

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got a new update... Two new weapons added (Orcish Dagger and Scimitar) and several textures reworked. 

Version 1.9.4+ Orcish Dagger added.+ Scimitar replacer added - used mesh/textures from WotTE mod: fixed some gaps and bad triangles, added real blood mesh, and re-shaped slightly.+ reworked Orcish Sword: put some curve back in.+ reworked Silver Sword and Greatsword: further slimming.+ reworked Stalhrim Sword and Greatsword: smoother shape.+ reworked Daedric Sword including Bound Sword mesh: put some curve back in, smoothed some corners and added sheath.+ Daedric Greatsword given a sheath.+ Used the USKP version of the High Elf loadscreen model.

• 2 weeks later...

Version 1.9.5

+ Dwarven Dagger added. + Glass Dagger done. + Dragonbone Dagger tweaked - reduced texture stretching. + Refraction with blood option added - blood cannot show on 'for Transparency' meshes. + RedguardMale loadscreen updated with new Scimitar.

Might need to change the install instructions.

Why are we recommending the Scimitar from this mod? It is not even close to vanilla at all.

Version 1.9.5

+ Dwarven Dagger added. + Glass Dagger done. + Dragonbone Dagger tweaked - reduced texture stretching. + Refraction with blood option added - blood cannot show on 'for Transparency' meshes. + RedguardMale loadscreen updated with new Scimitar.

Might need to change the install instructions.

Why are we recommending the Scimitar from this mod? It is not even close to vanilla at all.

I actually had already modified the install instructions. I agree about the scimitar, and have removed it from the instructions. With the update it became far less clear on the glass and stahlrim swords, so I just when with the base mesh improvements.

Has anyone bothered to do any light research on the scimitar? Googling it will bring up a wide variety of blade styles. However, Google "middle age scimitar" and you'll see more of the design of BSW than that of vanilla. More research resulted in many different styles from different regions. None looked like the vanilla blade. The vanilla style is rarely seen outside of movies or video games from what I can tell. In fact, most of the Google images of this style were either animated (drawn by hand or CGI) or "fantasy" swords not made for real combat. The BSW style and similar variations is mainly what you'll find when you see a real scimitar. Therefore, the BWS style is far more realistic than that of vanilla so I think it should be kept.

I'll be keeping it in my install seeing I'm all about realism. ^_^

I actually had already modified the install instructions. I agree about the scimitar, and have removed it from the instructions. With the update it became far less clear on the glass and stahlrim swords, so I just when with the base mesh improvements.

Refractive for Transparency will still be sound choices. It's vanilla but with refraction added. Those options make sense considering the swords are made out of transparent materials.