Better Shaped Weapons - BSW (by masterofshadows and LeanWolf)

WilliamImm

I found this to be somewhat confusing as well.  When I was updating to 2.2.9, I moved it down below DSR in my mod list and crossed my fingers that I had done the correct thing.  I agree that placing the mod in the correct spot in the list would make it clearer and easier to understand.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I installed in the wrong order for my Extended install.  Have a few hours into a new game.  Any issues with moving it now?  I'm always paranoid about messing up saves.  I assuming after moving it I should rebuild all my patches?

Thanks!

BSW is just meshes, so you should be fine to drag and drop in MO's left pane (caveat: I'm not an expert, take my advice at your own risk). For additional safety you might launch the game, go somewhere indoors and private and unequip your weapons, so that none of the vanilla meshes are being rendered, then save and do your drag and drop in MO and all should be well. I don't believe you need to run DSR after moving BSW, I believe MO will use the proper textures and the existing DSR patch should be happy, hopefully someone more knowledgeable will correct me if I'm mistaken.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi!

Why don't you recommend to install the shaped quivers? Does a mod in STEP already edit them?

Same question for 'No greatsword Shealts'. If Im correct, you recommend to CLICK this option to don't install them?

Also, the installation guide don't mention the Mehrune's Razor option.

Thanks

Edited by lexo1000

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So...after a bit of research, I've discovered that when this mod is combined with XP32 (which we already use) that the gap caused by quivers is no longer present. Here's the post:

Request:

Now I have only one request. I am using the longer arrows mod and acompanying quivers (Closer Quivers and Longer Arrows - NMM-Bash Compatible Wizard-5711-4-2). It would be nice if you could create a patch for those as you did for the aMidianBorn meshes.

Reply:

I can't make a patch for closer quivers because they edit the same thing: meshes. You have to use these or those, mine are optional so you can use those if you prefer them. If you prefer these but want them closer then edit the Quiver node in your skeleton.nif or just use a custom skeleton that's already moved it, like xp32.

If this is true, then the only reason to not use the quivers would be for the preference of having longer arrows in the quiver. The longer arrow fix would still be in effect for Closer Quivers, but the arrows would be shorter in the quiver like vanilla.

I guess supplying some compares would be the best way to determine.