Better Shaped Weapons - BSW (by masterofshadows and LeanWolf)

WilliamImm

I'm sorry, can I get one more clarification on how this mod should be installed with respect to Dual Sheath Redux?  I think I get where the DSR patches for various mods, the BSW mod directory, and the output from the DSR-Patcher should all go, but where (or I guess "when") am I installing the DSR mod directory, that has the .jar?

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I didn't explain myself quite right. I'm talking about my long list of mods in Mod Organizer. I'm wondering if the main Dual Sheath Redux mod directory, which includes the .jar, among other things, should be above or below the Better Shaped Weapons mod directory. From what I was reading earlier in this thread, it sounded like BSW should be after DSR, but looking at STEP 2.2.9, I see that DSR is the second-to-last "mod" I'm supposed to install, which is where my confusion is coming from. Also, it says on the wiki page for DSR that BSW should override "the other patches" but makes no reference to the main DSR file.

Yes, for extended, the BSW mod must be loaded after DSR.

Curious because I don't have it set up this way nor is the Guide nor notes on the Guide nor does the LOOT meta have it set up this way. Was this overlooked during our testing and getting 2.2.9 ready?

Did you notice the notice on the bottom of the BSW page? https://wiki.step-project.com/Better_Shaped_Weapons

I did not; however, what I said still applies. We moved DSR and FNIS because we were telling users to install it early and then move it later (which was confusing users and many would forget). We should be consistent and do the same with BSW.

We have mods here and there that don't fit the sections they're in. This would be no different...and we were going to make even more to resolve some of the PMOP. No point in debating sections. It makes more sense to put it where it needs to be loaded like the rest of the Guide is.