Dual Sheath Redux (by Neovalen)

Neovalen

Ok this is what it looks like when the folder is previously empty.

Posted Image

I am absolutely sure most of that stuff is not needed.

Bottom line is, instructions on Nexus simply say "Activate the generated Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp (this should be loaded after all mods listed above).".

Edited by Octopuss

That looks normal to me, right? Just right click your overwrite folder, click 'create mod' and name it 'Dual Sheath Redux Patch' or something. When it creates the mod in MO, just activate it (which will activate the esp). What is the confusion about? DId you have stuff in there previously that shouldn't have been there?

Edited by DoYouEvenModBro

I have to admit I don't understand what are you saying in most of your posts, unfortunately.

"Dual Sheath Reduxpr Patch.esp" is junk? Really?

Except for the SKSE and meshes subfolders, everything else is created by the DSR patcher. And instructions say (at least that's how I understand it) to make a patch out of ALL of that.

No "Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp" is not junk. It is built with SkyProc Patcher, either by running SUM or by running the Duel Sheath Redux Patch. I say they are junk because you should rebuild it everytime you change any mods/profiles (but if you have unnecessary stuff in your overwrite folder, that you can easily rebuild, you are likely to run into the "missing masters" problem even if the the masters are activated). Like I said in the first post (unless you created your own patches using TES5Edit) in which case you should use "create mod" for that patch alone, everything in the overwrite folder can be recreated by running FNIS, BOSS, BASH, and SUM (or whichever SkyProc patcher you use). They other files (log files and meshes) are created when you actually run skyrim. By running SkyProc patches with a clean overwrite folder, you will not run into a "missing masters" problem.

I am sorry, I don't understand you one bit again (not the words, rather what are you trying to tell me). You don't make any sense (and I wasn't asking about most of what you wrote anyway).

And you most probably don't understand me either.

I was trying to solve this problem:

So I managed to eliminate BOSS from the process, and now I can see some patching.

BUT, I am getting nonsense error message stating Unofficial Dawnguard patch is missing USKP master, which is makes no sense, all plugins are activated. Help! What do I do?

I also have 'missing masters' problem when running SkyProc patchers though MO even though the ESPs are activated when running SUM. But I run many mods on top of SR:LE and one of those mods (not in STEP or SR:LE) causes the missing masters problem. The solution I provided solves the problem of "missing masters" when running SkyProc patchers (at least for me). Perhaps your problem was a 'sort order' problem, which would be BUM, not SUM, thus the miscomminication.

Well you're about 1,5 pages too late. That's not what I am trying to discuss at all, as you could probably tell from the last 10-15 posts.

Just to make absolutely sure it's understood: I do not have any problem with any missing masters anymore, the post immediatelly after that gave me the solution (I didn't think it was necessary to point it out, and the discussion went other direction anyway).

Edited by Octopuss

Well you're about 1,5 pages too late. That's not what I am trying to discuss at all, as you could probably tell from the last 10-15 posts.

Just to make absolutely sure it's understood: I do not have any problem with any missing masters anymore, the post immediatelly after that gave me the solution (I didn't think it was necessary to point it out, and the discussion went other direction anyway).

I know you're European because you used a comma instead of a period to say one and a half ;-)

The esp is the only file used in game, so yes, you could potentially delete the other files. I just don't see why you would want to.

Yay, finally an answer :D It's not a question of why, I was just curious how it worked and whether my assumption was correct.

That's exactly spot on. I tried to ask why a few times, but all I got was grumpy sounding "Because we say so, it was tested for you, so just do it.". Well I might sound like ungrateful ass, but I don't think this is how it should work. If people took the time (and I am aware it was a lot of time, and I DO appreciate what STEP does for players) to write the wiki pages, adding one line of very brief explanation cannot be that difficult and annoying to do. Instructions that say "hide these files from folder tree" are, well, how to say it politely, WRONG.