Dual Sheath Redux (by Neovalen)

Neovalen

Yay, finally an answer :D It's not a question of why, I was just curious how it worked and whether my assumption was correct.

But the reason why is most important for creators like us. It is the little details that minimize problems down the road. Suppose we told users to delete everything but the esp file. Later on some other user will come to us having run Automatic Variants and created a patch, deleted everything but the generated Automatic Variants.esp, and then comes to us wondering why all his animals are pink. Consistency in this manner prevents potential issues like this.Also, if you delete the DSR settings, you lose any custom slot decisions you have made, and also have to relocate BOSS upon each successive run, which is rather inconvenient.

• 3 weeks later...

Whenever I run a Dual Sheath Redux patch from inside Mod Organizer there is a bunch of stuff in the Overwrite Folder. It looks like FNIS makes .tri meshes each time I start the game so I'm dragging those to the FNIS mod. I've been deleting the text files and anything with Dual Sheath Redux on it is being dragged to the DSR patch. Have I pretty much got this right?

Yes, except for the .tri files. If I remember correctly, you can simply delete those, as they are actually from RaceMenu Chargen extension, and are simply generated upon each game launch. FNIS creates .hkx files inside meshes/actors. They really don't matter.

Yes, except for the .tri files. If I remember correctly, you can simply delete those, as they are actually from RaceMenu Chargen extension, and are simply generated upon each game launch. FNIS creates .hkx files inside meshes/actors. They really don't matter.

Makes sense. Thanks for taking time to help.

If this isn't the right place for this, please excuse me.

Running along just fine for more than a month...everything working just as I liked it.  Until I saw a few of Gopher's Let's Plays and Mod Sanctuary.  I had to have Warburgs Paper Map, Spinning Arrows and Breezehome Fully Upgrade-able.  So I install those.  Again everything seem to be fine.

Then today, I switched to 3rd person and noticed that my sword was on my hip and the shield wasn't on my back.  In fact the shield was underground until I jumped or crossed some rough terrain - It seems to be attached to my feet when stored.

I did a bit of Google searching and found that the recommendation was to re-install XP32 and Realistic Ragdolls and Force.  I did both of those, reran the patcher, and FNIS...no go.

I can live with the sword on the hip.  But I really want the shield on the back.  Anyone have suggestions?  (My setup is a STEP 2.2.8 Extended setup with a few things from SR:LE and a few things of my own.  I can provide the details if needed.)

Thanks in advance.

Edited by p4ck3tl055

Its definitely a skeleton problem. Make sure xp is not being overwritten.Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

That was it.  I forgot that I had also installed Enhanced Character Edit (which I didn't need) and it was overwriting XP32.  Thanks Neovalen!

• 3 weeks later...

The detailed instructions say to make a mod from the patch, but don't say where to put it in the MO priority order. Should it stay at the bottom just above bashed patch and STEP patch, or should it sit with Dual Sheath Redux (and above or below)?

I'm guessing at the bottom just before STEP and bashed patches so it overrides everything it patched? Or does it need to sit below them too?

Also, the instructions reference a mod called Better Shaped Weapons, but that doesn't appear to be part of STEP anymore.

Edited by Quitch

Better Shaped Weapons was recently accepted for STEP; it was not previously part of STEP. Much of the BSW discussion on the Mods thread is about the installation order for BSW, DSR, the DSR patches (meshes) for other mods, and Close Quivers; I suggest you read the mod thread since there there some explanations for what the STEP recommendations for installation order will be.

• 2 months later...

Nope, it was a 100% copy of my Testing installation which is working fine. I just deleted it and reset some things up. It's working now. It would seem something changed that made the program not so mobile anymore. Testing profile worked fine. A copy of it in a different location did not....granted it may not had anything to do with MO since only the patcher wasn't working on the copied installation.