Dual Sheath Redux (by Neovalen)

Neovalen

• 1 month later...

Once in a while I have this problem ( the game freezes):

[None].DualSheathReduxEffect.onBeginState() - "DualSheathReduxEffect.psc" Line 90

[None].DualSheathReduxEffect.GotoState() - "ActiveMagicEffect.psc" Line ?

[None].DualSheathReduxEffect.OnEffectStart() - "DualSheathReduxEffect.psc" Line 72

Occurs in combat of magic.

And yes, i run Dual Sheath Redux Patch.jar.

What can I do?

Same problem:

the game freezes in combat in White run:

Unable to call RegisterForSingleUpdate - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type

[None].DualSheathReduxEffect.RegisterForSingleUpdate() - "" Line ?

[None].DualSheathReduxEffect.OnUpdate() - "DualSheathReduxEffect.psc" Line ?

Like i said before:

... i run Dual Sheath Redux Patch.jar.

What can I do?

Going kind of OT here with these posts but...

I think EBT and BFS are only partially recommended by STEP, as one can read in the mod notes. Personally I don't use them at all, don't really miss them either.

DSI doesn't have a dire warning attached but for some people it can create issues. You could try the low resolution version.

I believe disabling these mods' esps will still give you some of the effects, some people do this with EBT and with BFS (haven't heard anyone doing it with DSI though).

Remember you don't have to do a full STEP install... if you're unfamiliar with some mods it's probably better to add them gradually while playing the game, if the latter is your goal.

EBT - Enhanced Blood Textures

BFS - Burn Freeze Shock effects

DSI - Deadly Spell Impacts indeed :)

All 3 of those mods are known culprits for causing in game freezes during combat.

BFS causes the most of freezes and papyrus spamming, the others run without any issues in my current mod compilation.

I've been having a problem with getting DSR to run past the activating BOSS part. I don't think this is a bug to do with DSR as it has always run well for me before. Becuase it gets stuck at BOSS I think it may be something to do with BOSS because it doesn't seem to talk to BUM (in that it doesn't notice the userlist in the Skyrim folder) either but otherwise works perfectly well through MO.

If anyone has had a similar problem I would love to hear some ideas about how you solved it. I have re-installed all mods involved and will be posting this on the other mod sites.

Thanks in advance

:)

Hmm I'm not sure if it is related but sometimes after I change load order in MO or add or remove mods, BOSS doesnt get the userlist changes from BUM (like non at all). I will need to run BUM again and simply close it again. If it then asks you to save changes, then you know that BOSS didnt get the BUM info because for some reason it needed re-saving. This happens once every few days to me, and I have yet to find out why. Hope this is any help smile 

How long does it take for the patch to do it's thing? Because I've tried installing it 3 times and each time I play Skyrim a menu comes up and tells me somethings wrong.

I click on the .jar file, hit the patch button, and the big menu closes and a smaller one comes up saying "Please wait..." and it's at 100% and says "Done Importing." at the bottom. And it stays like that. I've waited up to half an hour and nothing. Am I doing something wrong or ?