Dual Sheath Redux (by Neovalen)

Neovalen

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm sure I'm making a silly mistake, but I think I'm following the directions properly so far. Presently I'm on step 1.E. for the STEP guide, and using the Mod Organizer program to run patchers, wrye bash, and whatever else mod-related needs to be run as necessary.

When trying to run the SkyProc patcher for DSR, it appears to complete and then at the end says that I need to have Dual Sheath Redux.esp in my load order. It is, in fact, in there, according to Mod Organizer's load order. At any rate, the Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp file is created at the end of the process and it shows up at the bottom of my load order after restarting MO to let it detect. This is where the notable problems start. Running Wrye Bash tells me that the DSR patch ESP file has corrupted headers and ignores it in its load order. If I ignore this and run the game anyway, it says that the DSR patch ESP file is not present even though it's been checked and added to the load order, and it proceeds to disable DSR completely.

For reference, I'm running Dual Sheath Redux Patch.jar through a bat file, which is then activated via MO. javaw.exe is set to run as administrator per settings directly applied to its executable, though I can't seem to force that option to be on for the .jar or the .bat, probably because they're not standard executables.

Any ideas? And if you need any extra information about my set-up feel free to ask, I've been benching as I go and making sure to keep notes.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been trying to make a OnBack.nif file for the shield from the Dovahkiin Mercenary Gear mod. I've followed the instructions from the tutorial on the Nexus page of the Dual Sheath mod, and created the OnBackClk.nif file as shown in the forum thread, but it doesn't work. From what I see the Mercenary shield is a re-mesh/re-tex of the Iron Shield and so I compared the OnBack.nif files from both and everything seems to be correct - though I know very little about NifSkope, so I might be missing something obvious. The patch has been updated and the Mercenary Gear mod show as a master for it in TES5Edit.

Ingame, when I equip the new shield, it briefly appears on the character's left arm and then disappear. So it looks like it does equip on the back, but it just doesn't show. Should I remove the original shield.nif from the data folder of the Mercenary Gear mod, leaving only the OnBack.nif one? Also, the mod shows a shield_gnd.nif file. Is there anything that should be done with that file?

Thanks.