Dual Sheath Redux (by Neovalen)

Neovalen

• 2 months later...

Hello!

You say in STEP installation guide for this mod to select aMidianBorn Book of Silence option.

I would like to know if I don't use the 'Content Addon' from this mod, must I choose this option?

In fact, Im not sure what the Content addon does exactly, due to the lack of information about it on the mod page. I don't want to add any new weapon in my game that's why I didn't install this part of amidian mod but if it's just a fix for vanilla weapons & armor, it's allright for me..

Thanks!

Edited by lexo1000

• 2 months later...

What I found is that the internal installer actually might be detecting installed mods, but with the result that it doesn't display menu options for mods that aren't installed.

I installed Dual Sheath Redux a couple days ago, following the SR:LE guide and using Mod Organizer 1.2.18 (the newest non-beta version of MO).  I used the internal installer first, since SR:LE didn't say to use the external installer.  What happened was that no menu options were displayed for mods that hadn't been installed yet.  This is bad, because the current SR:LE guide has you install Frostfall, Immersive Armors, and AMB Book of Silence *after* DSR.  If you use the external installer, then you get all the menus regardless of which mods have or haven't been installed, and you can make the necessary choices to install things correctly.

@Neovalen, I think you should put a note in the SR:LE guide saying to use the external installer for Dual Sheath Redux, like you have on the Nexus mod page.

That doesn't match up with my experience at all... I had all options available but all options started off checked instead of being unchecked.

In external installer, only the mods I have installed are checked.

I just tested this an hour ago and got the exact same behavior. 

That doesn't match up with my experience at all... I had all options available but all options started off checked instead of being unchecked.

In external installer, only the mods I have installed are checked.

Hmm.  Yeah, trying it again, I'm getting the behavior you describe.  So either what I experienced was a one-time hiccup, or else I just hadn't checked the "Mod Packs" box, even though I thought I had.  My apologies.  Of course the bottom line either way is that the external installer is needed.