Dual Sheath Redux (by Neovalen)

Neovalen

• 1 month later...

Not entirely sure if this is the right place to put this, but I've been spreading this around hoping someone might have an answer. 

I am currently getting this error when running the Dual Sheath Redux patch .jar out of MO. I have installed it using the STEP guide and the video tutorials; I have done every troubleshoot fix suggested in the AV FAQ. The patcher does not add a DualSheathReduxPatch.esp to my overwrite file. This is the error reported in MO:

DEBUG (12:46:29.0700): add mod file G:\Program Files (x86)\Mod Organizer\overwrite\\SkyProc Patchers\Dual Sheath Redux Patch\Files\tmp.esp (SkyProc Patchers\Dual Sheath Redux Patch\Files\tmp.esp)

DEBUG (12:47:45.0322): createfile w: Files\tmp.esp -> G:\Program Files (x86)\Mod Organizer\overwrite\SkyProc Patchers\Dual Sheath Redux Patch\Files\tmp.esp (80000000 - 3) = 00000EAC (0)

DEBUG (12:47:45.0517): add mod file G:\Program Files (x86)\Mod Organizer\overwrite\\SkyProc Patchers\Dual Sheath Redux Patch\SkyProcDebug\Consistency\Conflict Pruning.txt (SkyProc Patchers\Dual Sheath Redux Patch\SkyProcDebug\Consistency\Conflict Pruning.txt)

DEBUG (12:47:45.0577): move (ex) C:\Users\Andre\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\SkyProc\ConsistencyV3\Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp_ConsistencyTmp to C:\Users\Andre\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\SkyProc\ConsistencyV3\Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp_Consistency - 1 (183)

ERROR (12:47:45.0578): failed to remove virtual file Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp

DEBUG (12:47:45.0580): remove mod file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\data\Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp

DEBUG (12:47:45.0580): using path from previous deletion: \Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp

DEBUG (12:47:45.0580): remove mod file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\data\SkyProc Patchers\Dual Sheath Redux Patch\Files\tmp.esp

DEBUG (12:47:45.0581): handle opened with backup semantics: ..\..\Skyrim.esm

DEBUG (12:47:45.0581): handle opened with backup semantics: ..\..\Update.esm

I'm getting desperate. I think I'm getting the same problem with FNIS, but I'm not entirely sure. A quick answer would be really appreciated, because I've been trying to get a fully modded skyrim running smoothly for years now, but there's always that ONE thing that doesn't work right.

EDIT 2, cleared old edit: I'm an idiot. MO was sending my patches to my C: drive. I'm just... I'm so done.

Edited by SnowingMonkey

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The DSR patcher is not working currently (following STEP instructions).  It worked yesterday, today it doesn't.  I don't remember changing anything in my set up.  It's weird because other people are saying the same thing on the Nexus forum for DSR.  Anyone here having issues?  I have Windows 7, and I do notice that I'm getting some bizarre icon in the Windows taskbar that is promoting the upgrade to Windows 10 and today is the first time I've ever seen it.  This must be related, and perhaps the other people (talking about this issue on the Nexus forum) have Windows 7 also.

EDIT: From criswolf09 on DSR Nexus forum - "Hello guys I have been having the same issues you had regarding MO screwing Skyproc Patchers beause one of its dll files is bugged. To solve this problem you must download the rar file of MO v1.35 and ONLY extract the hook.dll file and nothing else. Then place it inside the MO folder of version 1.36. That way you'll be able to use any java-based Skyproc Patcher like Reproccer, the one here, among others. Hope this helps."

Worked for me.  So it's a MO 1.36 issue actually, which I did just download very recently.

Edited by oqhansoloqo

For anyone who uses some mods that aren't supported with the current mesh packs, SlothAbility recently posted a huge bunch of packs here. He is also taking requests for new packs.

And you can take it as read that if Sloth had anything to do with it, it will be quality work. 

The issue isn't so much a MO one as a Nexus server one.

As noted in the MO forum, here and in Nexus, the files in the FULL install have been updated to include the correct 'hook.dll' but, and this is the important part, the server that is assigned to you for that download may not yet have that file updated. The quick fix is to grab the 1.3.5 to 1.3.6 UPDATE file and install that.

It is because @Tannin chose to not update the version number for the minor file update (hook.dll went from 2.7.4 to 2.7.5) so as far as the servers are concerned there is no rush in propagating the same versioned file around the internet.

The issue isn't so much a MO one as a Nexus server one.

As noted in the MO forum, here and in Nexus, the files in the FULL install have been updated to include the correct 'hook.dll' but, and this is the important part, the server that is assigned to you for that download may not yet have that file updated. The quick fix is to grab the 1.3.5 to 1.3.6 UPDATE file and install that.

It is because @Tannin chose to not update the version number for the minor file update (hook.dll went from 2.7.4 to 2.7.5) so as far as the servers are concerned there is no rush in propagating the same versioned file around the internet.

Makes perfect sense. I run into this issue often when updating The Ruffled Feather on Nexus. I assumed they cached the files and if the filename doesn't change it simply provides the cached version. I've never waited long enough to see if it resolves itself over time.

• 1 month later...

Hey folks. I'm hoping somebody can help me before I shoot my fancy-thinking-machine.

I'm at the point of the STEP directions where it says to

1. Launch Dual Sheath Redux (DSR) Patch via Mod Organizer.
  2. Click [Patch] in the top right corner to generate the patch. After this is done, Dual Sheath Redux Patch will close automatically.

What I get is an error message saying

"skyproc.exceptions.MissingMaster:

Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp has some missing masters:

-Unofficial Skyrim atch.esp

Please activate and try again."

As far as I can tell, it is activated, though in the right window of MO (plugins tab) there is a paperclip symbol in the 'Flags' colum right next to it.

Is there any help to be had?

Make sure you are using the latest version of Mod Organizer (1.3.8), Loot (0.6.0 or later), and Dual Sheath Redux.

What tripped me up initially is that I had forgotten to update Mod Organizer and it kept sticking the Unofficial Skyrim Patch below the other unofficial patches despite the load order sorted by Loot. After I upgraded Mod Organizer to 1.3.8 and ran Loot to re-sort the load order, the Dual Sheath Redux patch and bashed patch worked.