Dual Sheath Redux (by Neovalen)

Neovalen

Thanks Galrick :) Vargas if you look at the equipping overhaul thread on this site you'll some reasons why DSR is more compatible with other mods you may install as well as EOs current bugs.

Not saying EO is bad... but there are more factors to consider before choosing one or the other.

you are wrong Galrick, the bug are gone for 95% of them, that why i post there, the new release seems to have no bug (for me) and i use STEP extend + VEGA and other thing.

DSR didn't have more compatibility, the meshes are the same used for EOs, we can remove the DSR patcher for easyer install, remove drop lit torche, and we can customise the mod with the MCM , so if we doesn't want some feature, we just disable them in game.

you are wrong Galrick, the bug are gone for 95% of them, that why i post there, the new release seems to have no bug (for me) and i use STEP extend + VEGA and other thing.

DSR didn't have more compatibility, the meshes are the same used for EOs, we can remove the DSR patcher for easyer install, remove drop lit torche, and we can customise the mod with the MCM , so if we doesn't want some feature, we just disable them in game.

Nope, Equipping Overhaul uses 5 slots at the time, which makes it incompatible with a lot of modular armor mods, as well as mods like Pauldrons, Left Handed Rings, Dwemer Goggles, Face Masks of Skyrim, etc...

Besides, mods should be tested extensively before deciding they're worth switching to. "Why fix what isn't broken?"

Nope, Equipping Overhaul uses 5 slots at the time, which makes it incompatible with a lot of modular armor mods, as well as mods like Pauldrons, Left Handed Rings, Dwemer Goggles, Face Masks of Skyrim, etc...

Besides, mods should be tested extensively before deciding they're worth switching to. "Why fix what isn't broken?"

It's why I uninstalled it in MY load. It's very unfriendly with my eyepatch, along with being horribly unfriendly with a certain body mod I have. (Schlongs of Skyrim.)

WTF ? Step goal isn't supose to be compatible with everything, that impossible . Step is an enchancement of Skyrim as close as possible to the Vanilla Game.

Btw , Left Handed Rings is totaly outdated, and there is much better now without slot used. Of course i know we must test mods before inclued them in the STEP, but i didn't said "that must be in and shut up", i propose to use this than 2 other mods, EO doing the same, with more features and more contrôle on the mod via MCM and doesn't need the patcher, for me that a really great improvement.

Again, compatibility with other mod (who aren't inclued in STEP) isn't the STEP priority, or there is many mods who must be deleted.

Consider this: EO is so buggy atm that the author put back the old version as the main download, and marked the new one as an alpha version. It also doesn't work with controllers. Also it is incompatible with 2 elements of Wet and Cold - Ashes, which is in STEP.

And Left Handed Rings isn't outdated, it's still the only mod that'll actually display the rings on the left hand in both 1st and 3rd person, unlike the SKSE plugin for multiple rings or the two rings mod.

I am not privy to Equipment Overhaul, but if it is not stable right now, then we will not likely consider it. If it becomes stable, I definitely think that it can be considered if it truly fixes the dual sheal issue and gives us proper equip slots for everything.

Left hand Rings is a bit buggy for me. I constantly have to re-equip my LHR, because they are always un-equipping for some reason. Anything I may be missing regarding this? I'd like it to work, but it seems to not play nice with DSR or something else in my Requiem build. If there is a DSR patch for that and I missed it, then my bad.

I am not privy to Equipment Overhaul, but if it is not stable right now, then we will not likely consider it. If it becomes stable, I definitely think that it can be considered if it truly fixes the dual sheal issue and gives us proper equip slots for everything.

Left hand Rings is a bit buggy for me. I constantly have to re-equip my LHR, because they are always un-equipping for some reason. Anything I may be missing regarding this? I'd like it to work, but it seems to not play nice with DSR or something else in my Requiem build. If there is a DSR patch for that and I missed it, then my bad.

Yeah, Left Handed Rings uses the slot 60, which is used by DSR by default.

You can fix it by changing that slot to 57 (for example) in the DSR patcher options.

Re- Equipment Overhaul, version 3.13 seems stable. version 4.25 alpha adds additional features, but is not consider stable by the author Dragondude1029 who is currently working on a new version to be finished soon addressing those stability issues.

Full disclosure, I'm enjoying Equipping Overhaul myself, but not advocating either way regarding STEP inclusion. Just here to obtain and share info :-)

Yeah, Left Handed Rings uses the slot 60, which is used by DSR by default.

You can fix it by changing that slot to 57 (for example) in the DSR patcher options.

Very cool. I will try that ... I assume that there is a way to see what slots are used among my mods ... ?

Kind of... It's harder to do with the version of T5E that's on the nexus at the moment.

Open the "armor addon" GRUP of a mod, and look at the Flags of the BODT or BOD2 entry, it will display which slot that armor uses, but as I said, the current version of Tes5Edit will display values such as BodyAddon13 instead of the actual slots. Still, if 2 armors use the same BodyAddon, it means they'll unequip one another.

take a look there https://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Skyrim_bodyparts_number

and just look in the readme or nexus page for the mods used if they use a slot or an other. I don't use left hand ring because that not really imersive for me, craft a ring who can be only on the left hand ... strange. and i prefer use a mod who allow to put a ring where you want , i use this : https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/26355/ and by default, this allow ring and 1 amulet, but you can change this in the MCM.

for example for the slot, i use many many mods, like bandouliére, winter is coming, frostfall, wet and cold, wereable lanter who all adds item on a slot. there is 2 or 3 slot free for me, i use the 56 for DSR, and all working well.

I'm getting an error when running the DSR patch:

skyproc.exceptions.MissingMaster:Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp has some missing masters: - Unofficial Skyrim Patch.espPlease activate and try again.

I've ran boss and sorted the unofficial patches according to the order listed on the unofficial hearthfire patch page, which is:

After installing the individual mods, the following general load order needs to be followed:Skyrim.esmUpdate.esmUnofficial Skyrim Patch.espDawnguard.esmUnofficial Dawnguard Patch.espHearthfires.esmUnofficial Hearthfire Patch.espDragonborn.esmUnofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp ~a few other mods~HighResTexturePack01.espHighResTexturePack02.espHighResTexturePack03.espUnofficial High Resolution Patch.esp

All mods are enabled in MO and the DSR patch is run through MO as per the instructions on the DSR step page.  After the error it stops and generates an empty esm and some text files.

Any ideas?