Dual Sheath Redux (by Neovalen)

Neovalen

I am following the recommendations here...

https://wiki.step-project.com/Dual_Sheath_Redux

STEP recommends:

IMPORTANT!!! You need to run the Dual Sheath Redux Patch for it to affect the game. To do so:

1. Launch Dual Sheath Redux (DSR) Patch via Mod Organizer.

2. Click [Patch] in the top right corner to generate the patch. After this is done, Dual Sheath Redux Patch will close automatically.

When I launch DSR I get this error message...

"Could not find main class: DualSheathReduxPatch.DualSheathReduxPatch. Program will exit."

Did I create the DSR Patch incorrectly? Do I delete it and try again?

• 4 weeks later...

If this isn't the right place for this, please excuse me.

Running along just fine for more than a month...everything working just as I liked it. Until I saw a few of Gopher's Let's Plays and Mod Sanctuary. I had to have Warburgs Paper Map, Spinning Arrows and Breezehome Fully Upgrade-able. So I install those. Again everything seem to be fine.

Then today, I switched to 3rd person and noticed that my sword was on my hip and the shield wasn't on my back. In fact the shield was underground until I jumped or crossed some rough terrain - It seems to be attached to my feet when stored.

I did a bit of Google searching and found that the recommendation was to re-install XP32 and Realistic Ragdolls and Force. I did both of those, reran the patcher, and FNIS...no go.

I can live with the sword on the hip. But I really want the shield on the back. Anyone have suggestions? (My setup is a STEP 2.2.8 Extended setup with a few things from SR:LE and a few things of my own. I can provide the details if needed.)

Solution: Its definitely a skeleton problem. Make sure xp is not being overwritten.

So, I had the same bug and the solution worked for me. But, out of curiosity, where should I place my XP skeleton?

What I did was to open the skeleton's conflicts tab (right click mod in Left Pane > "Information" > "Conflicts"). Here I see three mods that are listed in the bottom pane (The following conflicting files are provided by other mods):

-Closer Quivers & Longer Arrows

-Feminine Running Animation

-Pretty Combat Idles

Out of an abundance of caution I moved my XPMS Skeleton to immediately following the lowest of the three conflicting mods. Started Skyrim via MO/SKSE and I got my daggers back on my back and no more war axe dragging along my feet.

I love STEP.

• 2 weeks later...

When you create bashed patch only the plugins you mark mergeable will be used, if you dont tick the ones after bashed patch, it will not matter what was activated in MO or whatever.

Then you just mark the plugins before bashed patch (inside wrye bash) and biuld it. FNIS dont have any plugin so it doesn't matter anyway.

Thanks mate, the problem was I still had:

-jar "<ModOrganizer>modsDual Sheath ReduxSkyProc PatchersDual Sheath Redux PatchDual Sheath Redux Patch.jar" -NOBOSS

I forgot to add my mod organzier directory. Changing the <ModOrganizer> to:

-jar "C:GamesSteamSteamAppscommonSkyrimMod Organizer

as this is where I have mod organzier installed

Edited by MitchellKrever

• 2 weeks later...

Also important is that at the moment the installer is a bit wonky as it doesn't copy the meshes from the elemental staff pack into the virtual override directory. The author acknowledged the problem and promised to fix it tonight but I still wanted to bring it up here for fast installers. I just did another manual install and merged the few missing meshes into the mod. Don't know if there would be actual problems with the mod but still.

Edited by werewulfking

Also important is that at the moment the installer is a bit wonky as it doesn't copy the meshes from the elemental staff pack into the virtual override directory. The author acknowledged the problem and promised to fix it tonight but I still wanted to bring it up here for fast installers. I just did another manual install and merged the few missing meshes into the mod. Don't know if there would be actual problems with the mod but still.

Basically anyone dual-wielding staffs would have some issues with this. It would also seem that Tannin needs to do some work on the internal FOMOD installer. Neo coded it correctly but the internal installer will not detect the mods installed; whereas, the external installer will. There are at least two mods in STEP like this currently.

No thats not really what I meant either. Even the normal installation will not copy the elemental staffs pack as there is a coding mistake in the original installer.

The user rpsgc  on nexus describes it better:

You have an error in the installer's XML regarding the Elemental Staffs patch.It says "013 Elemental Staffs" but the actual folder in the archive is "013 Elemental Staffs Pack"You get this error:16:05:07 [C] failed to extract Data013 Elemental Staffs to : 013 Elemental Staffs not found in archive

Yeah, I got what you meant. I was just adding to it with an issue in the MO installer. There's nothing wrong with the DSR FOMOD code in regards to the mods detection...MO just doesn't work properly using the internal installer right now. The error in the FOMOD above is a very quick and easy fix. I'm sure Neo will have the corrected file up later...for now, I've fixed it myself.

• 2 weeks later...

After running DSR Patch in my MO overwrite folder I found a .esp it creates and a skyproc patches folder/tools folder with lot of other txt files and misc/logs/other files. Do I need those when I right click on overwrite and create it as DSR Output? Or can I delete the extra stuff and just use the .esp?

Edited by D1Z4STR