STEP Patches

Nearox

Keep them in the old few section. We did change up few things in the 2.2.7 guide though like aimp getting dropped. Not sure I want to keep updating previous stuff but I'll probably change my mind after my headache goes away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know it's a hassle but any changes to the live Guide should reflect in the Patches as well if need be. This only needs to be upkept until the next release is final and released. At which point no changes should happen on the previous guide; thus, no changes should be needed for the previous patches either.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk.

I would suggest keeping the WAF_FingerlessGauntletsBracers_KRY keyword. It doesn't have any effect on the vanilla functions in the game (so it won't conflict with anything that STEP or USKP is changing). This keyword was added to allow mods to apply certain effects or to otherwise distinguish between gauntlets that cover the full hand and those that expose the hand and/or fingers. For example, I use this keyword in my Stealth Skills Rebalanced mod to exclude certain items from a lockpicking and pickpocket penalty. Another mod might want to use the keyword to apply an variable exposure effect. It's just a modding tool that can potentially help streamline compatibility between mods if modders choose to use it.

For reason I used to try and mix and match some of the stuff between WAF and USKP, but they both really just take slightly different paths to achieve the same thing.

I'll probably just use all that WAF stuff that the patches need going forward, it loads last and there are already some WAF patches included in the STEP Patches, so it is just a simpler way of doing things.

This doesn't need to be updated right away, but when we start making updates to the guide, something will require my attention and I'll just have these changes in there.

It's minor then. I'll forward them myself in my own. Still looking it over. Probably ought to forward:

Even Better Quest Objectives description for Quest \ 0004B2D9 (Take Up Arms). Again minor.

Weapon \ 000956B5 has three keywords, yet the keyword count says only 2.

Magic Effect \ 000AA156 Animated Weapon Enchants is not forwarding USKP Absorb Magicka in Extended Patch.

Dialog Topic \ 000E782F \ 000E7833 Thieves Guild Requirements is not forwarding USKP spelling fix of sabrecat in Extended Patch.

Dialog Topic \ 5A0058D8 \ 000352DF Thieves Guild Requirements is not forwarding USKP fix of double "to" in Extended Patch.

Quest \ 000C9BA0 The Choice is yours is not forwarding Even Better Quest Objectives description in Extended Patch.

Dialog Topic \ 0002BDDD \ 000DD0BF Guard Dialogue overhaul is not forwarding USKP correction of subtitles in both patches.

Ingestible \ 00058CFB Radiant and Unique Potions and Poisons not forwarding USKP keyword.

Ingestible \ 000CD883 Radiant and Unique Potions and Poisons not forwarding USKP spelling fix.

Ingestible \ 000E6DF5 Radiant and Unique Potions and Poisons not forwarding USKP.

Bunch of Skyrim Project Optimization not forwarding USKP (your typical weather and such)

Cell \ Block 0 \ Sub-Block 1 \ 000580A2

Cell \ Block 1 \ Sub-Block 2 \ 00013A89

Cell \ Block 5 \ Sub-Block 0 \ 00013A79

Cell \ Block 6 \ Sub-Block 9 \ 00013818

Cell \ Block 8 \ Sub-Block 4 \ 000EF324

Cell \ Block 9 \ Sub-Block 4 \ 000EF325

Cell \ Block 9 \ Sub-Block 9 \ 00013A73

That should be all. Checked everything. Perhaps it would be better in future to leave out the armor/weapon edit and instruct our users on how to use the STATS tag in Wrye Bash (as I think it forwards most of these things hassle free once set up right)?

It's minor then. I'll forward them myself in my own. Still looking it over. Probably ought to forward:

Even Better Quest Objectives description for Quest \ 0004B2D9 (Take Up Arms). Again minor.

This should have been carried over by AMB-EBQO patch, not sure what happen there.

Weapon \ 000956B5 has three keywords, yet the keyword count says only 2.

Magic Effect \ 000AA156 Animated Weapon Enchants is not forwarding USKP Absorb Magicka in Extended Patch.

Forwarded to the plugin, not copied to patch. Silly me.

Dialog Topic \ 000E782F \ 000E7833 Thieves Guild Requirements is not forwarding USKP spelling fix of sabrecat in Extended Patch.

Dialog Topic \ 5A0058D8 \ 000352DF Thieves Guild Requirements is not forwarding USKP fix of double "to" in Extended Patch.

Most times I skip Dialog since it can do horrible things if you mess with the wrong thing. The BETA Version has the changes, we should see if this mod is going to get updated now that CCOR is out.

Quest \ 000C9BA0 The Choice is yours is not forwarding Even Better Quest Objectives description in Extended Patch.

Forgot to merge the EBQO-Choice is yours Patch, stupid installer.

Dialog Topic \ 0002BDDD \ 000DD0BF Guard Dialogue overhaul is not forwarding USKP correction of subtitles in both patches.

Did not see anything in this record that wasn't in GDO, maybe I'm crazy, removed the records from the patches.

Ingestible \ 00058CFB Radiant and Unique Potions and Poisons not forwarding USKP keyword.

Ingestible \ 000CD883 Radiant and Unique Potions and Poisons not forwarding USKP spelling fix.

Ingestible \ 000E6DF5 Radiant and Unique Potions and Poisons not forwarding USKP.

Corrected the plugin, did not forward to the patches again. :p

Bunch of Skyrim Project Optimization not forwarding USKP (your typical weather and such)

Cell \ Block 0 \ Sub-Block 1 \ 000580A2

Cell \ Block 1 \ Sub-Block 2 \ 00013A89

Cell \ Block 5 \ Sub-Block 0 \ 00013A79

Cell \ Block 6 \ Sub-Block 9 \ 00013818

Cell \ Block 8 \ Sub-Block 4 \ 000EF324

Cell \ Block 9 \ Sub-Block 4 \ 000EF325

Cell \ Block 9 \ Sub-Block 9 \ 00013A73

Added, plus many more from the 2.0.1 update.

That should be all. Checked everything. Perhaps it would be better in future to leave out the armor/weapon edit and instruct our users on how to use the STATS tag in Wrye Bash (as I think it forwards most of these things hassle free once set up right)?

No more bash tags hindrance in the new versions. They are going up in about 10 minutes so they can be added soon. Just finishing up the changelog and will sync them.

Just loaded most of STEP 2.2.8 and tried to load the patch only to get puzzled at the requirement for ads.esp.  What mod is this?  I tried looking though the core mods but nothing really jumped out at me that would fit those letters.

Just loaded most of STEP 2.2.8 and tried to load the patch only to get puzzled at the requirement for ads.esp.  What mod is this?  I tried looking though the core mods but nothing really jumped out at me that would fit those letters.

That's a file from Smooth blade draw and Sheathe. You have to check it in the installer, as per STEP instructions.

• 2 weeks later...