STEP Patches

Nearox

Are we retroactively dropping SoS-Dungeons with AOS v2 for 2.2.8? I'm guessing for 2.2.9 it is gone, but I need to know since I'm about done updating to the latest edition of all the mods in the list and going into my TES5Edit void for bit. Hail Sithis!

Also, we need to make some 2.2.9 decisions pronto, so I can start getting the working patches to the pack authors before release.

It would be nice if you could do that, but please don't push yourself for my lazy ass. I could also make a 2.2.8 patch without Ars Metallica and Diverse Priest. It would be more convenient to use the 2.2.9 patch though since you will probably want to do that anyway at some point.

Or what you could do is make AOS 1.51 STEP 2.2.8 for now and integrate 2.0 for 2.2.9. There will probably be one or two small updates in the next week anyway.

Edited by Spock

It would be nice if you could do that, but please don't push yourself for my lazy ass. I could also make a 2.2.8 patch without Ars Metallica and Diverse Priest. It would be more convenient to use the 2.2.9 patch though since you will probably want to do that anyway at some point.

A 2.2.8 patch without Ars and Diverse priests is pretty much the Core patch with SoS-Dungeons, but since we dropping that it is pretty much just the Core patch. My readme is pretty comprehensive about what I've done, so you can always take a look at that.

I agree. It's not been long since our last release (usually they're released every 3-4months); however, we can freeze the mods in testing unless there are a few really good ones we've missed (I've not kept up with the mod forum). Then I'll expedite the testing of those mods in testing. I'll need the staff to be on ball and do some voting/input though if things are to move quicker. I think there are a few that simply need a few "yes" or "no" from staff. I'm off this Saturday and Sunday so I can make the goal to finish up most of the testing my Sunday evening. I have some notes on my computer that I need to update the changelog with as well. I'll get that done.

I also agree to simply let AOS take over for most of the sounds.

EssArrBee,

Those few mods that your are doing mashups with will need to be finalized as well when you get the time. I don't plan on touching those. ::P:

@All,

The Extended Proposal will also need to be voted on by Sunday evening or I'll take the votes as is and make the changes to the Changelog to reflect. There are a couple mods I'm wanting to move to STEP:Core, so please review those and make your case as I have.

Okay, I made the patches, get them here: https://github.com/EssArrBee/STEP-Patches

I'm not totally done, but the only thing that I still need to do is remove some redundant records from before SPO updated. None of those will mess your game, I just needed to post something. Today has been hard to get a lot of time to focus on this. Apparently the female of the species gets mad if ignored. It excites their heart with contempt, makes the house louder than is acceptable for editing patches.

Ignore the 2.2.9 folder it hasn't been updated and neither has the readme. I'll do the readme in a bit, and move on 2.2.9 when we get things looking a little more like a release.

@Tech: After this update to 2.2.8, which should only take another day tops, we can do a testing for the next couple weeks then get into locking the mod list down. I am nearing a couple of the goals on my other project, so I can get back into Skyrim pretty soon. I just have to figure out this damn mod incompatibility with my gameplay mods and I'll be ready to do all the mod testing I've put off for too long.

Okay, back to work.

Okay, I made the patches, get them here: https://github.com/EssArrBee/STEP-Patches

I'm not totally done, but the only thing that I still need to do is remove some redundant records from before SPO updated. None of those will mess your game, I just needed to post something. Today has been hard to get a lot of time to focus on this. Apparently the female of the species gets mad if ignored. It excites their heart with contempt, makes the house louder than is acceptable for editing patches.

@Tech: After this update to 2.2.8, which should only take another day tops, we can do a testing for the next couple weeks then get into locking the mod list down. I am nearing a couple of the goals on my other project, so I can get back into Skyrim pretty soon. I just have to figure out this damn mod incompatibility with my gameplay mods and I'll be ready to do all the mod testing I've put off for too long.

Okay, back to work.

Oh so glad I don't have to worry about that! ...but a little sad as well. lol

Okay, I'll sit push to get the testing competed as much as possible. I have nothing better to do other than a bit of cleaning of the apartment.

Oh well, I forgot to sync the commit when I posted that link, but the patches and readme are done now and everything is synced. All the AOS-<insert mod> patches that are not update to date will still need to be updated for non-STEP Patch users. I can't accommodate those people with any more patches then I've already made. The AOS-WAF patch and AOS-GDO patch I made will work.

Just a note, Lord Korn added unique FormIDs to his DLC patch. This means that patch is required and can't be merged unless I receive his permission to build it into the STEP Patches. Detailed instructions will have to be updated to reflect this change. Also, because of the absence of michaelrw, we are probably going to have to drop Audio Overhaul for Skyrim - Patches unless a significant number of users need the patches on that page because they still work and they do not use the STEP patches. regardless the install instructions for that must change as well, since the recommended ESP replacer is no longer a viable option. 

AOS Patches must be dropped if they are not getting updated. I assume the STEP Patches will patch up AOS with the rest of STEP without them?

Just to be clear: The 2.2.8 STEP:Core and 2.2.8 STEP:Extended Patches are ready and final? Or is there more tweaking that needs doing? Does the ReadMe contain all necessary instructions?

If "yes' to all, then I will upload the updated Patches once we have 2.2.8 guide and changelog finalized.

EDIT: the repo says that both patches were updated 22 hours abo (AOS v2 Update), but that Core only was again updated 21 hours ago (AOS v2 Update Final).

AOS Patches must be dropped if they are not getting updated. I assume the STEP Patches will patch up AOS with the rest of STEP without them?

Just to be clear: The 2.2.8 STEP:Core and 2.2.8 STEP:Extended Patches are ready and final? Or is there more tweaking that needs doing? Does the ReadMe contain all necessary instructions?

If "yes' to all, then I will upload the updated Patches once we have 2.2.8 guide and changelog finalized.

STEP 2.2.8 has been release for a while...meaning....it should be "final"...? :O_o:  Did you mean 2.2.9? I though we agreed to not be updating things in-between releases unless absolutely necessary?

I suppose I can see having to update the patches for a major release of a patched mod. Most would not be able to hold off updating. Personally, since using the patches I have no clue what can and can't be updated before the patches are updated so I've held off on updating anything. Haven't even updated to the latest Unofficial patches that were recently released.

Well, I need to do a bit more on the STEP Extended patch since Lorn Korn added some new stuff that I can merge. I'll be done with it in a bit. And the only thing from the AOS patches page that is still needed is the DSI patch if you don't use the STEP Patches. I would drop AOS patches until michaelrw returns and makes another replacer version. 

Latest UPPs are safe, only a couple conflics with the current STEP patches, or you can just wait till I'm done in a while.