STEP Patches

Nearox

OK, I will upload the updated 2.2.8 Patches tomorrow morning  ... just in case you think of something else before then. We also need to update Guide, relevant mod pages and changelog to reflect AOS, AOS Patches and SoS changes ... do we have proposed changes for that stuff? I am still not totally clear on the AOS Patches and what we are using or don't need for STEP Core/Extended.

Not trying to change the subject but just asking for some assistance with something just for a sec... :)

EssArrBee - I like to look ahead to the next STEP version and add/remove/modify my mod configuration to the upcoming changes... Well anyway, I just saw the newest changes and I'm trying to implement them.  Problem is, Diverse Priests and Ars Metallica are in the latest STEP Extended Patch.  I tried to remove them using TES5EDIT, by removing mention of them from the header of the patch's .esp file (so they aren't listed as masters in there), but when I loaded Skyrim after doing so the game froze in the Main Menu.  What is the proper way to modify the STEP Extended Patch in order to accommodate these changes?  (I'm guessing it does at least involve TES5EDIT?)

Appreciate your help.

You don't remove anything from the headers ever. You have to find all the records that are common between the mods and delete anything in those records that is unique to the mod you are trying to remove as a master from the patch. Or you have to delete the record entirely from the patch, which is what will be required 9/10 times.

When done, right click the patch, clean masters, do it again and sort masters. Save and close.

OK, I tried what you said, it didn't seem like "clean masters" did anything, so I must have did something wrong.  In any case, the game loads this time and the ARS .esp and Diverse Priests .esp files are considered dummy files by MO because I removed everything that was actually in them.

EDIT: ok, so I started a new game and got to Riverwood and smithing seemed to work OK and then I went to Whiterun to check out the priests of Kynareth and they were wearing green robes.  I guess my shoddy patch modifications are working OK and are good for now. :)

Edited by oqhansoloqo

Aren't the STEP Patches out of date right now, given updates to AOS and GDO?

Also, the AOS installation instructions are off as well. Once I get clarification on status, I can help getting all of the resources updated.

The following (from the Patch ReadMe) include at least one plugin mention that does not seem to exist (??):

>>CORE PATCH USERS: All patches from STEP Core 2.2.8 were merged into this patch, those patches are listed below:
- StaticMeshImprovementMod-FurnitureChestSnowFix.esp
- StaticMeshImprovementMod-DragonbornTernFix.esp
- WeaponArmorFixes_ambSkyforge_Patch.esp
- WeaponArmorFixes_GuardDialogueOverhaul_Patch.esp
- DiversePriests_ConsistentOlderPeoplePatch.esp
- AOS_USKP patch.esp
- AOS-WAF Patch.esp
- AOS-GDO Patch.esp
- AOS_ICS Patch.esp
- AOS_ADS Patch.esp
- AOS_RealisticWater2 patch.esp
*If these patches were downloaded and installed either untick them or uninstall them.

>>EXTENDED PATCH USERS: All patches from STEP Extended 2.2.8 were merged into this patch, those patches are listed below:
- StaticMeshImprovementMod-FurnitureChestSnowFix.esp
- StaticMeshImprovementMod-DragonbornTernFix.esp
- WeaponArmorFixes_ambSkyforge_Patch.esp
- WeaponArmorFixes_GuardDialogueOverhaul_Patch.esp
- DiversePriests_ConsistentOlderPeoplePatch.esp
- DiversePriests_BringOutYourDeadPatch.esp
- BetterQuestObjectives-NECPatch.esp
- BetterQuestObjectives-PaarDilemmaPatch.esp
- BetterQuestObjectives-DBForevertoMisc.esp
- BetterQuestObjectives-AMBSkyforgePatch.esp
- BetterQuestObjectives-TheChoiceIsYoursPatch.esp
- AOS_USKP patch.esp
- AOS-WAF Patch.esp
- AOS-GDO Patch.esp
- AOS_BlockSparkles Patch.esp
- AOS_EBT Patch.esp
- AOS_DSI Patch.esp
- AOS_WetandCold Patch.esp
- AOS_RealisticWater2 patch.esp
- Enhanced Blood Textures - Improved Comabat Sounds.esp

I also recommend that all tabs in the ReadMes be removed and replaced with spaces. Display accross various text editors is really messed up due to differences in treatment of tabs both inherent to the various apps and due to user changes.

Spaces do not suffer these display issues.

Bump.

What updates must be made to the STEP patches or to our installation notes??

I posted some of my issues on the Nexus mod thread. Basically, I am verifying my Core install and updating. If I am running into these issues, so are others. We should probably clarify and make this piece simpler.

I just updated to AOS 2.0 and had no issues with the instructions. Download main file, download AOS_DLC_Compatibility_Patch file and then the STEP Patches cover the rest since the remaining instructions are for non-STEP Patch users. SRB stated in this post that there are no issues with the current patches.

However, there is now a new AOS2-DLC-USKP patch that muddies the waters. Also, some of the plugins mentioned in the Patch ReadMe do not apply. This all leads to questions for which people like me (anal-retentive people) will be seeking answers. Best to address and make everything consistent and account for all of the differences. If the patches are fine, that is great, but the readme and the AOS mod install instructions need to account for the new info.

Okay, I'm done. The changes Lord Korn made to the latest patch allowed it to be merged into the STEP Patches no prob. I updated both patches and the readme. I'll do the STEP Patches page next.

https://github.com/EssArrBee/STEP-Patches

In other news, I've been all up in the GECK this weekend and am a bit tired of it, so I'll be doing the 2.2.9 working patches tomorrow with the updated list that is starting to take shape.

Nice! I made my own 2.2.9 core patch (not perfect, but good enough) in the meantime and have been using individual patching for extended (gives me an extra 50 plugin count). Been playing a personal profile of mine largely STEP 2.2.9 but without the Skyrim Distance Overhaul, Skyrim Flora Overhaul, and with Gamwich textures to improve performance. Keeping a nice average around 30fps on my 768 MB video card.