STEP Patches

Nearox

There are two readmes, one that is one the page: Readme.md and the Readme.txt. The Readme.txt is the important one and is updated. I also added a revised version in the 2.2.8 folder.

I added the 2.2.8 Core patch in a separate folder for the moment for 2.2.8 as it is listed in the changlog. Also, SoS is not in Core so anything that comes of testing for Audio Overhaul would not matter, that is biggest part of patching for this project, since most mods have now been updated for the USKP2.0 stuff.

No' date=' those are replacer patches that kryp made herself. You forgo the original plugins the author made for kryps so the helmets have WAF stats.[/quote']

Sooo, they are mergeable then if kryp gives you the go-ahead (which I am sure she will). Right?

Technically everything is mergeable if you go into the Creation Kit. I need to ask kryp because she made three separate patches and it would make sense to have one or merge it if that is possible. The mods would still be needed, but the plugins could disappear.

EDIT: I could only merge the Dawnguard plugin and WAF does not have a Dragonborn patch yet.

Given that we only support Legendary Ed, I'd say to merge with DB version.

Also, there is a apparently conflict between Guard Dialog Overhaul and AMB Book of Silence. Does the patch resolve this or not (it does not say so in the ReadMe). It would be great if it did so that we can remove the TESEdit instructions from BoS (I did so now in anticipation, since we don't want to bother our users with TESVEdit requirements).

Yeah, I looked it over and everything is good. Umm, I did notice one thing I didn't forward from USKP and BoS Skyforge Weapons. No big deal. It would be best to have kryp do the patch for the dragonborn closed face helmets since it is a replacer and can't be merged. I can fix it temporarily in the STEP Patch and merge the Dawnguard closed face helmet to the STEP Patch. Every plugin spot helps those that add tons of stuff on top of STEP Core (like me).

Kryp got permission to reupload those patches, so the author is probably pretty cool and will give us permission to add them to a compilation.

One question, why did you upload the WL and WL-SoS patches? Those are defunct with the update to WL and the removal of candle lanterns of the north. Plus I removed any mention from the readme.

Yeah' date=' I looked it over and everything is good. Umm, I did notice one thing I didn't forward from USKP and BoS Skyforge Weapons. No big deal. It would be best to have kryp do the patch for the dragonborn closed face helmets since it is a replacer and can't be merged. I can fix it temporarily in the STEP Patch and merge the Dawnguard closed face helmet to the STEP Patch. Every plugin spot helps those that add tons of stuff on top of STEP Core (like me).[/quote']

There are no non-plugin assets in the WAF-ICH patch, so not sure what could be getting replaced. As long as all of the plugins' records are getting replaced within the patch and the patch is loaded after WAF-ICH, it should not matter, right?

Kryp got permission to reupload those patches, so the author is probably pretty cool and will give us permission to add them to a compilation.

One question, why did you upload the WL and WL-SoS patches? Those are defunct with the update to WL and the removal of candle lanterns of the north. Plus I removed any mention from the readme.

I accidentally synced an old copy of the directory after I merged after reinstalling my OS. Sorry! I will remove from my side and avoid resyncing irrelevant files henceforth ;)

I also added some links to the wiki into your readme and created a STEP Patches mod page with some of those instructions if you want to look at the wiki guide to check that. Mod Section A.

Also, I think you forgot to answer my previous question:

Does your patch cover the supposed conflict between BoS and GDO? There were instructions about merging in TESVEdit to fix, and I removed those anticipating that they could also be included in the patch.

Lastly, I was playing STEP:Core with the patch last night, and it is smooth as silk on my box; however, I did notice that my dragon soul absorption no longer works, so you might test this in your game. I have not isolated the cause, but the patch is one of two of my first places to check.

The BoS and GDO stuff is resolved. I double checked last night and there was nothing between those to mods that wasn't in the patch, but I did find a couple things I missed between USKP and BoS, so that was good.

My latest upload last night reflect those changes for both the 2.2.7 and 2.2.8 patches.

I will check out the dragons right now.

I just tested both 2.2.7 and 2.2.8 and I could absorb dragon souls, not sure what was going on with your game z.

STEP Core is just rock solid for me, and all the LOD work that has done lately is well worth the effort. Lost Tongue Overlook is a good place to view the aspens.

Yes, I am very happy with Core performance and graphics. It lacks the gameplay enhancements though that I like in my own game (kryptopyr to the rescue).

RE Dragon souls: Thanks, that saves me the trouble. I think that it has something to do with the fact that I extracted all vanilla BSAs and unstalled them as mods (removed BSAs from Skyrim/Data). There may be some corruption or other mysterious engine issues when dealing with loose script files in some cases. That is my next check. After that, I will assume that I have save-game corruption and will try to sort that out if possible. My savegame has survived nearly 2 years of STEP testing with lots of different mod lists. Don't want to lose my char though :P

UPDATE: That was it. Skyrim - Misc unpacked did not work correctly with regard to this script. I have heard from others in the BSAopt forum that unpacked/re-packed BSAs can have problems with regard to script behaviors, so I am going to go with the BSAs for these ... for now.

Should I setup a regular mod page for this, one that can be used with the STEP guide or should I set up a page that has all the info needed and maybe the current readme posted for users? I don't think there is a readme in the archive posted on the nexus so it would be a good to have it linked under the files section on the nexus page or somewhere else for users to get it. Forgetting things in your old age :p