STEP Patches

Nearox

If SoS was supported then I would say sure add it to Core' date=' but since it doesn't even support USKP 2.0 it means that it requires a lot of patching. I know that doesn't mean anything to people that [i']don't [/i]do all the patching, but I wouldn't mind keeping it out.

Unsupported mods like Skyrim HD or other replacers are fine, but mods that edit as many cells as SoS need support.

OK, let's get it and anything else you think out of core then.

Do you mean that SoS does not support the unofficial patches or the other way around?

SoS is not updated to the current USKP's. I've used SoS since it first came out, but switched to AOS as it is far more current. SoS Dungeons does have better sounds then AOS, but I believe AOS is updating dungeons in the future. Having done personal patches for both mods, I can tell you definitively that AOS is much more compatible with current mod builds like STEP & SR. Most of the available patches for SoS are also outdated as well. AOS patches are much more current and as a side note since most of the patches only affect one or two records such as impact, they can all be merged manually into a general sound patch, or with matortheeternal's merge plugin script. SoS affects cell records alot so, ELFX  and I'm assuming other lighting mods all have to be patched. You don't have that problem with AOS.

OK, let's get it and anything else you think out of core then.

You don't want to give me that much power. :p

One thing I think we should do is refrain from changing the older version as we get really close to newer versions. I didn't know that some mods in 2.2.7 were upgraded to Core. That makes patching a nightmare since the changes are made and I don't know about them. No biggie if we do it with repalcers, but anything with an esp needs to be posted in this thread or PMed to me. I don't mind doing minor updates after release, I actually expect it, but for major releases I usually have rebuild the Extended patch starting only with the Core patch and that takes hours with mods like SoS and USKP which edit so many of the same cells that need to be combined. Thank the spaghetti monster that I don't have to do Wearable Lanterns and Candle Lanterns of the North anymore. 

OK thanks for the info guys.

I will refrain from changing Core mods in the future like that. Just finally got around to correcting some things that were geared to help compat with Neo's guide (since he is not interested in creating his guide as a Pack). I expanded Core mods to all those mods that made sense, but do scan for any core mods that you think will cause problems for you in patching.

Just post here if you remove it from Core and update the Changelog (2.2.7 right now, since Core affects real-time guide).

Core patch for 2.2.8 is updated. I put it in the 2.2.8 folder and the readme that is with it has been updated. I will do the Extended patch when we finish up the final mod list. So far we really haven't added or dropped to many mods. Seems like there was a lot more ninja'd to 2.2.7.

Yes, mostly guide changes for 2.2.8 ... and core changes (which affect all guides).\I think it is more about merging as many plugins as possible at this point.

We still have lots of potential mods to add, but not sure if we should do that until a later release.

No the 2.2.7 patch is good if it is the version after I removed wearable lanterns. I haven't seen a major change to the guide that I needed to patch. Now that 2.2.8 is about at its final shape plugin-wise, I'll be done with that soon. Probably tonight. Core for 2.2.8 on GitHub should be complete though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can start making custom builds of stuff for some of the mods in Extended to reduce the size of the mod list and load order by extension. We could make our own moon sizes, make our own shrine descriptions, and a few others I can't think of. Basically, there is some stuff that is easy to do in TES5Edit. Some other stuff less easy in the CK, which I'm okay with for merging patches (hurry TESVGecko!), but not so good with at other things, would take some time.

I'm bringing this up for certain things because we wouldn't need permission from authors to merge their mods if we made our own version.

Again, I think that there is a lot in Extended that should not be there. The Daedric armor mod for one, and Moon Size Tweaks is another. Many more as well, and with all of the additional modern candidates currently under testing, there are more attractive options for Extended.

I honestly am only thinking about STEP:Core until after 2.3.0. But go ahead if you want.

Okay the 2.2.8 patches are synced up. Ignore the 2.2.9 folder, that is for the future, obviously.

Noteworthy stuff:

1. Two extra SMIM plugins for snowy chests and DB Tern fixes are merged. Thanks Brumbek.

2. STEP Core Patch now reduces load order by 7 plugins and Extended Patch reduces it by 13 plugins.

Was just reading over in the Support thread and I see the need to keep a couple versions of the STEP Patches on the Nexus for download. If we're not already we should keep the previous two or three patch versions from previous releases. That means right now we should have patches for 2.2.7 under old files and 2.2.8 in the main files.

Doing this will enable users that haven't updated yet to still be able to get the previous version and not be confused as to why the patches aren't working if they've yet to update. This will also fix the "between releases" issues of having the new patch up and users downloading it before the release is final...like right now.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk.