STEP Patches

Nearox

In the top right corner there is a drop down where it says wiki. Click STEP GUIDE and that will take you to the official STEP Guide. All the mods with green bars to their left are Core and the ones without are Extended. It is all on one page for the sake of convenience. This may changed when 2.3.0 comes out, but that will not be for a while so have fun until them.

https://wiki.step-project.com/STEP:Guide

Can I get the working mod list so I can start working on the next version? I know what mods we excepted but not which order they are going in.

Still working on it and not sure when I will have this info. Need to resolve CTD when entering Whirerun.

• 2 weeks later...

I need someone with all of STEP Core 2.2.8 (basically 2.2.7 without Aqusitive Soul gems, check the current changelog) installed to test this patch for me. I just need to verify the SMIM chests and Falseed Tern fixes from SMIM are correct without any SMIM plugins active. I'm busy running some other stuff at the moment and can't start up Skyrim.

STEP Core Patch Test.7z

I need someone with all of STEP Core 2.2.8 (basically 2.2.7 without Aqusitive Soul gems' date=' check the current changelog) installed to test this patch for me. I just need to verify the SMIM chests and Falseed Tern fixes from SMIM are correct without any SMIM plugins active. I'm busy running some other stuff at the moment and can't start up Skyrim.[/quote']

I'll test it tomorrow if you tell me the simplest way to verify. Not sure what to look for or where to look offhand.

It is okay, I was just asking since I wanted verification at that moment. I verified myself that it works and we now will only need to install SMIM, but not have to use any of the plugins. There are three total that it comes with: the base, a chest plugin to make snowy chests appear properly, and the DB Flaseed Tern fix. USKP covers the base and the test patch I posted covers the other two. I will update the current 2.2.8 patch in a bit.

Also, z, I assume you figured out your Windhelm crash, so is there an eta on a mod list? I'm just tired of taking screens so I want to work on something else, but now that it is the weekend so I will probably still do a bunch of screens.:teehee:

I have updated the 2.2.8 mod list with the new additions from Mod Testing. I need some assistance in recommending the best options for Audio Overhaul/Patches. I think that we should use the "Complete" version and several of the patches, but I want others to verify the mod notes on the wiki.

I also need someone to double check the mod list on the 2.2.8 guide and also that the 2.2.8 changelog is reflected in the 2.2.8 guide. Also, there are several changes in the 2.2.7 changelog that need to be verified in the 2.2.8 guide (thing added/removed to/from Core).

Still need to do a lot though, and I am not sure what else needs to be added to the mod list at this point (if anything).

@EssArrBee

You are now authorized to make changes to the Guide, the mod list (via STEP:Main), etc, along with WilliamImm, Tech and Kelmych. Some of this takes a bit of training, since things can be broken, but if you can figure it all out, go for it. Otherwise, just make notes in the admin release thread. The update Proc thread details all of what needs to be done for a STEP release. I have begun and nearly completed the first few steps, but no single step can be completed until we lock down changes.

Id' Like some inpur as to whether or now we should add any more mods to 2.2.8 before locking down (I am guessing that we may want to sort out some of the landscape textures and DB stuff that SRB has been working on lately).

If SoS was supported then I would say sure add it to Core, but since it doesn't even support USKP 2.0 it means that it requires a lot of patching. I know that doesn't mean anything to people that don't do all the patching, but I wouldn't mind keeping it out.

Unsupported mods like Skyrim HD or other replacers are fine, but mods that edit as many cells as SoS need support.