STEP Patches

Nearox

Hmmm, seems bad practice to keep same plugin name for plugins with different masters :/

I'll see to it. thanks

Well actually, that prevents people from mistakingly installing 2 versions of the same mod at the same time, which causes problems in some cases :p

Well, BOSS sort can change for plugins having different masters, so, IMO, no plugin should ever be named same as another if it has different masters. This is just good record keeping practice.

The exception is if a plugin is updated, and the masters change.

• 2 weeks later...

I just looked through the AOS comments for an update and found this:

It is from the last Unofficial Skyrim patch. Gives the chicken/rooster crow to all birds using the chicken NPC ID. If you use Birds of Skyrim or others that add birds with chicken IDs then you get the bug. There are several patches on Nexus, depending on what mods you use. I don't know what mods you are using, but just search for a chicken sound patch and you can find it.Here is a patch for BOS, you don't need skyBirds in the game to use it, because I stopped using it and the BOS sound patch still works.https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/23771/?Roosters at Dawn also seems to be having this issue with crows being constantly played, but not sure if there is a specific patch.

Is this issue handled by the STEP patches?

Thanks in advance!

Small thing missing in the STEP Extended (and possibly Core too?) patch for 2.2.8:

Record 000EF324 (FalkreathBarracksJail) does not forward the weather change from USKP which gets overriden by SPO.

EDIT: Also there's this one : 00013A73 (Same reason)

EDIT2 : And this one: 000EF324

Edited by CJ2311

• 3 weeks later...

Unless I drop everything and finally learn to patch myself (and take the time to actually do it right), I must depend upon SRB or someone else ....

I feel like a bird ... just waiting

The Waiting Place......for people just waiting.Waiting for a train to goor a bus to come, or a plane to goor the mail to come, or the rain to goor the phone to ring, or the snow to snowor waiting around for a Yes or a Noor waiting for their hair to grow.Everyone is just waiting.Waiting for the fish to biteor waiting for wind to fly a kiteor waiting around for Friday nightor waiting, perhaps, for their Uncle Jakeor a pot to boil, or a Better Breakor a sting of pearls, or a pair of pantsor a wig with curls, or Another Chance.

Sounds of Skyrim - Dungeons should be obsolete now, as well as Improved Combat Sounds, Better Weapon Swing Sounds and Smooth Blade Draw and Sheathe.

[edit] I think Ultra Realistic Bow Shoot Sounds should be removed from STEP as well. The arrow whisle you hear with those sounds is not there when shooting the bow yourself. You do hear that whisle when an arrow flies by but AOS does that. Besides AOS's sample is of higher quality.

This is a good example (I hate "medieval japanese weapons were superior" documentaries, they are mostly false mystifications, this is about the sounds only):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir5GKAQG14g

In the slow mo shots you can hear the difference between bow string and the arrow whisle in stereo. If someone shoots a bow at you Ultra Realistic Bow Shoot Sounds is like what it sounds (in which case the whisle is covered by AOS), if you shoot the bow yourself AOS is what it sounds.

Another video for good bow sounds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtTyOf8OCKg

Edited by Spock

LoRdKoRn has gone through significant efforts to make his sounds as realistic as possible and he is a professional audio designer. I think the best approach to sample selection for STEP would be to assume AOS got it right and only overwrite it when proven that the other samples are more realistic (looking at Ultra Realistic Crossbow Shoot Sounds and the ones mentioned in my post above).

Edited by Spock

It would amazing if there was page that could aggregate the mods in step that update by date. I've been on a skyrim break for a bit and finding all the mods that have updated the last few weeks is not fun.

Also, we need to make some 2.2.9 decisions pronto, so I can start getting the working patches to the pack authors before release.