Better Shaped Weapons - BSW (by masterofshadows and LeanWolf)

WilliamImm

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woah - so I tried to check out the arrow scale with Groovetama's XPMS Extended mod without starting a new save and using the command prompt's 'sexchange' command.  I didn't notice a difference.  So I just started a new game to test and noticed something I never noticed before.  While the carriage ride was happening the front carriage ran over a small object in the road and jolted a bit... then when I finally got to the character creator before execution block, when the camera panned to my face I was wearing an iron helmet.  And there were some very strange selection options in the creator...  Anyway, I ran out of time for now.  I must put this on hold for a couple hours and will test the arrow length thing then.

Got back to it - so I tried increasing a couple parameters in the Racemenu: Bow Scale - just made the bow larger; Quiver Scale - just made the quiver larger.  Neither one of those made the arrow longer.  I didn't see a setting to be able to do that.

Edited by oqhansoloqo

I decided to give the Groovtama XPMS Extended mod another try today and this time my character did not get a full set of iron armor at the very beginning of the game and (what  I previously mentioned) was not wearing the iron helmet during the character creation screen.  I have no idea why that happened yesterday when I tried the mod - very very strange bug that I've never encountered before.  This time I decided the try reducing the scale of the bow weapon slightly - it didn't fix the arrow issue either.  I did select the RaceMenu Plugin option in the installer that is partly described as including "a script that corrects drawn Weapon scales, formerly known as "Proper Weapon Scale"."

TechAngel, remember that SRB is pushing for Enhanced Camera and the female short arrow issue (I'm assuming) will be obvious with that mod.  So unless you can come up with a solution for this (maybe I installed something wrong or missed a function), it sounds like it 'could' be choice between having funny-looking quivers (using CQLA) or having funny-looking notched arrows on female players (using BSW - and perhaps very obvious if Enhanced Camera is used also).  Now I thought Groovtama's XPMS Extended mod was supposed to include some kind of "ProperWeaponScale" script that fixed this if the option is selected in the installer (I even see the script file in the mod's installation folder)...  Even in the forum for XPMS, Groovtama responds to someone about this issue, making it seem as though it should be fixed by his mod: "Female characters have a hand scale of 0.8517 which affects the size of the bow. The bow doesn't reach the other hand in the back with its size. Everything gets counter scaled by PSW by 1/0.8517 to make bows the right size for females. The same goes for arrows. That some stuff will clip is known to me. Ether have PSW and have it fixed and no rescaling of most weapons when drawn, or don't have PSW and live with the screwed up female hand scale problem bethesda made."

I don't understand why it's not working for me...

Edited by oqhansoloqo

OK - I do have that mod installed in my load order (excellent stealth mod).  Thank you for bringing that up.  It's bizarre, because I've had the Stealth mod installed for a very long time and I have restarted the game many times and have never run into the issue.  One thing I can say is that I was wearing an iron helm during another playthrough right before I decided to start a new game to check on the arrow thing.

Edited by oqhansoloqo

Best you can do is start new games with it disabled and only enable it after the character creation. That seems to work. This thing was driving me crazy for months until I gave up and simply stopped giving a damn - I don't customize my characters too much, and the iron armour can be thrown away.

OK - I was under the impression that 1st person perspective mods took only 3rd person animations and allowed the player to see them in 1st person.  I am unsure as to whether or not it does this with all animations (even animations that normally have 1st person views), or just does it for the ones that normally don't (and leaves the animations that can normally be viewed in 1st person the same).  I tend to think it would replace all of the animations with the 3rd person ones (viewed from 1st person), but maybe (hopefully) I'm wrong.