Dual Sheath Redux (by Neovalen)

Neovalen

I'm having some issues trying reinstall the mod in the MCM menu. When I click reinstall, the checkbox comes up normally and after I exit the menu nothing happens. I know I did the reinstall correctly so I'm just unsure why it won't initialize.

I'm having some issues trying reinstall the mod in the MCM menu. When I click reinstall, the checkbox comes up normally and after I exit the menu nothing happens. I know I did the reinstall correctly so I'm just unsure why it won't initialize.

Seeing reinstall means you didn't save/load twice after uninstall.

Neo,

With the new patches for xp32, duel sheath, and immersive animations for some reason when using shield and sword, the animation shows my character putting the sword in a non-existent sheath on his hip and then it pops onto the characters back. Really looks weird.

You probably have the wrong animation.  You should have Dual Sword Wield -- Swords on Back. (The shield takes the place of one of the swords if you have sword + shield). If that does not work try adding the IAN Dual Sword Wield from Back optional file after the other.

If that fails - Do you have the right skeleton?

IAN Dual Sword Wield from Back optional file fixed it. Not sure why as this is not in the SR instructions. Oh well, thanks for your help.
It is.

Immersive Animations Author: Berzgore

Version: 2.0

Optionals(Via Installer): Main, Sneaking, Strafe, Greatsword Sprint, Dual Sword Wield -- Swords on Back, Dual Axe Wield, Dual Dagger Wield, Dual Mace Wield, Rogue Stab

Overrides: Better Turn Animation - Only One Pose

Yes, and I reinstalled Dual Sheath, XP32 Skeleton, and Immersive Animation 3 times to no effect and yes I did select Dual Sword Wield -- Swords on Back from the installer. The animations put the sword on the hip and then popped onto the back. Not until adding the IAN Dual Sword Wield from Back optional file did things work and that was after using dual sword wield -- swords on back from the installer. But the installer had greatsword sprint listed twice and I selected both, perhaps that was the problem. I do not know. Thanks for your hard work.
The happens if you use the integrated FOMOD installer in MO (I ran into this last night).  Don't use it for installing Immersive Animations, and you won't get the double Greatsword Sprints and the dual wield animations will actually install.

Ok, there must be something I simply can't get through my thick skull. I am all caught up with SR, but with the updating of XP32 skeleton, my character pretends he is putting things on his back, yet his sheath is on his hip. Depending on which installer I use, his shield will disappear or he just holds on the it but pretends he is putting it on his back. Can someone, please explain to the ignorant, how to update the skeleton, which installer to use etc. With a virgin save just after completing Helgren this happens. What I did was run XP32 Skeleton (both fomod and without using replace), running FNIS, running SUM. When that didn't work I also reinstalled Immersive Animations (using non-fomod replace), running FNIS, and SUM. I am just not getting it. Everytime Dual Sheath, XP32 skeleton, or Immersive Animations gets updated, something doesn't work. Perhaps I am incapable of following instructions. What I haven't tried is removing all SkyProc directories in the overwrite directory. Is this what I am missing?

I'm having problems with this as well.  I just did a complete Skyrim/SR reinstall and the only thing not working is the same problem as above.  Plus, no matter what install options with the various animation mods I try, for some reason the bolt quiver is hanging out like a foot to the left of my character's model.  I am certain I have followed the directions correctly and I never had a problem with it before, not sure what is wrong now.  If I put the UNPB mod AFTER the XP32 mod, it seems to work fine...but it overwrites some of the XP32 files of course.  Usually I can work these problems out but right now I am stumped.

Argh...yeah I didn't read the post a whole whopping 2 posts behind mine that explains not to use the integrated FOMOD installer for immersive animations...that might make the difference for me.

*Facepalm*

Edit: Yep, tried re-running everything non FOMOD, re-did the FNIS, SUM, etc., still have a bolt quiver hanging out in mid air and now swords don't show up on the back. Going to completely uninstall and reinstall the entire animations section as well as Dual Sheath Redux...hopefully that will fix it.

Argh...yeah I didn't read the post a whole whopping 2 posts behind mine that explains not to use the integrated FOMOD installer for immersive animations...that might make the difference for me.

*Facepalm*

Edit: Yep, tried re-running everything non FOMOD, re-did the FNIS, SUM, etc., still have a bolt quiver hanging out in mid air and now swords don't show up on the back. Going to completely uninstall and reinstall the entire animations section as well as Dual Sheath Redux...hopefully that will fix it.

I am usually always testing on a virgin save, untouched by mods. I have found to get things to work, I needed to save and then restore from that save to get things to work.

I found my problem.  XP32 was conflicting with Dawnguard Explosive Bolts Visualized, the dwarvenbolt.nif (or something like that) was overwriting the XP32 one.  I deleted that and everything is normal now.  I'm not sure what in my installation is different this time around to cause that problem but whatever, it's fixed now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, new user installing STEP (can I suggest more complete descriptions and instructions on the STEP process? What mobias posted is very true), however, I have it all pretty much good except one problem with this mod.

When I try to run the java patcher, it all runs ok except for one error. It says the following:

----------

skyproc.exceptions.MissingMaster:

WeaponsArmorFixes_MultiMod_DLCPatch.esp has some missing masters:

- imp_helm_imp.esp

Please activate and try again.

----------

Any ideas where to look? My modding experience ends with texture replacement packs in Fallout 3 years ago....

[edit] I've fixed it. I hadn't installed the optional 'no cloth around neck' file from the Improved closedfaced helmets mod.

You need to also install the "improved imperial full face helmet - no cloth around the neck-" optional of improved closefaced helmets in order to use the MultiMod Weapon & Armor Fixes compatbility patch. It's not an issue with Dual Sheath, it's an issue with missing a crucial part of another mod.