Skyrim Realistic Overhaul (by Starac)

z929669

Yea I saw all that but got completely confused. So the most popular one listed in Neoval's guide is actually not the highest quality one? Good. I'll give this one a shot. It seems massively bigger, too.

The 2k (complete) version is probably slight overkill, and the optimized version uses 2k textures for interiors but 1k for landscape. the torrent description details the diffs. I would recommend optimized version (it is linked in both the STEP Guide and SR:LE Guide.)

I just joined this site because i wanted to express my sincere gratitude to Starac for making such an awesome texture pack. Imo, the textures fit much better than Skyrim 2k HD which I was using previously. Combine the pack with Project Parallax for SRO and it really brings it to life! Hope to see you continue updating this :P

• 5 weeks later...

For STEP Core i suggest hiding textures\landscape\frozenmarshgrass01.dds and frozenmarshgrass01_n.dds

You will then use the Serious HD Retexture Skyrim textures which in my opinion look less repetitive. Especially the dark spots are annoying me.

See for a comparison:

Serious HD Retexture Skyrim

Posted Image

Skyrim Realistic Overhaul

Posted Image

This texture overhaul is amazing. I have it set as my priority override texture so the relatively few things it doesn't cover is picked up by Vivid Landscapes - All in One by Aron.

It's a bloody shame more people don't know about it, it's a superior texture mod, and not by being overly large in the resolution department either.

Edited by Kuldebar

This texture overhaul is amazing. I have it set as my priority override texture so the relatively few things it doesn't cover is picked up by Vivid Landscapes - All in One by Aron.

Are you using the 2048 res set that Octopuss linked to? If so, how's that working out in terms of RAM / VRAM use?

I'm just wondering since you've got a 1GB card like myself (as you know already!)

I am using the 2k set, yes...and I was somewhat nervous of that. Because before I was using a 1k-2k mix of texture packs, 1k outside, 2k interiors.

In the last 6 hours of play I had one issue...my character had a black face, I save and reloaded and it went away. After that I also downloaded the latest EMB binaries and put
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true back in my enblocal.ini...I figure larger, contiguous blocks might help prevent black face.

On top of all this I am using a visually delectable ENB Preset: Grim and Somber ENB by WolfGrimDark, his default settings minus DoF and Reflections (and no silly letter-boxing).

So, all in all, a possible black face every now and then (if that) is worth it for the results I am seeing in game. If I started crashing, I'd reconsider, of course. With Mod Organizer it's a simple matter of checking/unchecking some boxes.