Skyrim Realistic Overhaul (by Starac)

z929669

I have always been fully supportive of Wrye's "cathedral" model. Perhaps because I'm from Canterbury!

Here's a necro thread from when I came back from my break last winter.

https://forum.step-project.com/showthread.php?tid=1481

Just read and thats basically what Wrye says I don't think Nexus changed its default though.

Its not about active modders but the Bethesda's legal position raises a question

https://store.steampowered.com/eula/eula_202480

You automatically grant to Bethesda Softworks the irrevocable, perpetual, royalty free, sublicensable right and license under all applicable copyrights and intellectual property rights laws to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, perform, display, distribute and otherwise exploit and/or dispose of the New Materials (or any part of the New Materials) in any way Bethesda Softworks, or its respective designee(s), sees fit

Does a mod author even have the legal right to withdraw a publicly released mod if Bethesda owns it or does the above actually mean they are not allowed to withdraw it?

If true, withdrawal from Nexus, for example, would only be allowed after uploading to another site.

Also (not implying this applies here), Just making a EULA doesnt mean what is written in it is legally enforcable. If a paticular Mod contained no Bethesda assets, for instance Nexus Mod Manager which also works for other games not by Bethesda, I doubt Bethesda's EULA could be enforced in such a case, even if legal for for most mods. EULA's are not a legally binding contract if disputed that would be decided in court, generally they are relying on no one disputing them.

Nice read but.... The legal claim is usually written up by a law firm, not by the developers... And when has it ever been applied to game modding? I can't think of an example. 

Any game developer would shoot itself in the foot by actually invoking its legal entitlements (for whatever reason). 

• 1 month later...

The reason that torrents are used is the large size of the mod. It is going to be around 5 parts, I'd guess, if you use a file server and some of those don't let people download that many files in one day. Torrents are really easy, just get something like qbittorent and use a quickstart guide for it.

Utorrent now tries to install crapware on your computer, has adds, and is getting bloated in general. Pretty sad because it was such a perfect piece of software before they decided to monetize it. If can find the older versions, like 2.1, then go for it.

The old Opera browser used to handle torrents before they scrapped everything and went to Chromium, another great app lost to shareholders.

• 4 weeks later...

Could someone point me to the torrent for the highest quality SRO textures please? I noticed a "lite" version was mentioned by author himself somewhere, I think a mixture of 1k and 2k textures. There are also several different torrents out there, which makes it even more confusing.

Not that I should be talking (I always fail to find previous answers) but this has been asked several times. I think there's even a few links in THIS thread....but visit NEO's Skyrim Revisited: Legendary Guide. He has a link for an optimized 1k-2k version.

Link to Guide: https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Neovalen/Skyrim_Revisited_-_Legendary_Edition

OR

You can just type "torrent Skyrim Realistic Overhaul 2048k (or 1024k)" into Google :-/" There are plenty of torrent files and direct downloads.