aMidianBorn Book of Silence (by CaBaL)

EisDrache

Hopefully this time Cabal won't disappear for months again :)

571605-1429814475.jpg571605-1429561241.png

I'd sacrifice virgins for an update to BoS. Not necessarily a huge one, but to unify all the armour sets Cabal did over time, with updates and stuff. Not like these pictures here aren't awesome, though :P

Krypto, are you reading here sometimes?

I am puzzled why Content Addon has different folder structure than the Book of Silence. Specifically, the glass options. If you install the variants option, the folders are like so:

\textures\armor\glass\

\textures\armor\Glassvariants\.

However, when you install Content Addon, the files are sorted differently:

\textures\AMB Variants\

\textures\armor\glass\

I am not 100% sure, but am I right in assumption that CA simply bundles all the BoS variants together under one plugin? It seems like in the case of glass armour, the variants option from BoS installs all 3 sets already, so the goal of CA (at least in this case) must be to simply unify this under just one plugin.

Why does this matter to me, you might ask. I have recently installed an optional file from skysan4298's Transparent and refracting Glass Eqmnt CBBE UNP UNPB that makes Cabal's glass stuff, you know... transparent, and immediatelly started having weird problems with glass shields looking the same and then some. After some trial and error I eventually found out the folders didn't match those from BoS, and skysan wasn't aware of that at all. Furthermore, when I pointed him to the Content Addon file, he, probably not being a MO user or something, got confused and told me

The AMB author didn't include the NMM installer on the Content Addon download, so the user will have to figure out how to install it manually.  Because the AMB CA download is not matching the AMB mod 36356, you cannot copy the textures directory level.  I don't have access to fix another mod author's install issue.

I am not sure how to proceed at this point, because apparently I've hit a wall between two very different approaches of managing mods.

• 1 month later...

(2) In the STEP instructions, when talking about moving the Skyforge Weapons ESP into "optional ESPs," the mod that you need to right-click on is the Book of Silence Weapons mod. The instructions just say to change the "Book of Silence" in general...

This is no longer the case in the current recommendations. Did this accidentally get deleted, or is it no longer necessary ot move the "Skyforge Weapons" esp to optional esp's?

This was done by SRB on Feb 15 while he was removing a LOOT rule which had been added to the masterlist.

Will need clarification as to whether this was removed by accident or not, as there is no mention of it in this thread, or anywhere else I've seen. It may have been done as a result of the posts you quoted.

Thanks for bringing this up!

Did we ever get a definitive answer to this situation? The installation guide for the Book of Silence Content Addon says:

Make sure that the following plugin files are NOT active:
- aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp

But the current 2.2.9 2.I. - Book of Silence wiki page makes no mention of this. As per the quotes above by Xaviien above it appears instructions to deactivate (move to optionals) this .esp used to be included on this page but were removed. Intentionally? Does something in the STEP setup change to facilitate proper use of the this .esp? The mod author's instructions in the Content Addon installation guide seem pretty clear. Is this self explanatory and I'm just missing it? I might lack the experience/context to see the solution.

Thanks.

Edited by B1indsid3

Looks like EssArrBee removed that line about move the aMidianBorn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp to the optional ESPs back in Feb. I think this was by mistake so I'll send him a PM asking.

EDIT:

Also, loading up aMidianBorn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp in TES5Edit will reveal some issues of USKP not being forwarded as well as conflicts with the Content Addon.

I didn't realize that the Skyforge Weapons plugin was still getting installed. I think I just removed that part on accident. It still shouldn't be used with the Content Add-on. You shouldn't use any AMB plugins with the Content Add-on.

The instructions don't mention installing the "Bonemold Hotfix" either - should that be installed also?

Shadriss commented on this one page back:

The two hotfixes you mention are fixed by another STEP file later on, and thus aren't needed. If you install them seperately from the main mod and watch thier flags, they will eventually get the white lightining icon of 'Redundant', meaning that they have had all thier files overwritten by another mod... in this case, the STEP Extended Patch, I believe. The only hotfix of the three on the page you need is the one listed in the detailed instructions for the BoS.

:)

I have all hotfixes and all parts of BOS installed separately.  I do not get any other files in MO overwriting the bonemold hotfix.  Nothing overwrites Magnus hotfix.  Only a handful of files from Content Addon get overwritten (by Better Shaped Weapons).  The STEP Extended Patch is an .esp file.  It's not a .bsa... It is only a plugin.  I'm a little confused with the quoted statements from Shadriss.

I have all hotfixes and all parts of BOS installed separately.  I do not get any other files in MO overwriting the bonemold hotfix.  Nothing overwrites Magnus hotfix.  Only a handful of files from Content Addon get overwritten (by Better Shaped Weapons).  The STEP Extended Patch is an .esp file.  It's not a .bsa... It is only a plugin.  I'm a little confused with the quoted statements from Shadriss.

You should install the Magnus hotfix, as per the mod page.

As to the bonemold hotfix, it is completely overwritten by the Content Addon for me, but MO seems to fail to show it, so either there is a bug with MO's flag in my case, or else I'm missing something.

Not for me... I'm going to reinstall to check it.  This is odd that it is different amongst us.

EDIT: Oh crap... I have version 1.2 of the Content Addon.  I didn't know it got updated to 1.9 like the rest of the AMB:BOS files.  It happened 2 years afterwards, and just recently (well, in March...).  This must be the issue.  I'll report back, but that's gotta be it.

Strangely, for me, when activating and placing the Bonemold hotfix above the content addon, it does not show the redundant flag, which it shound since all (two) files are overwritten by the content addon. Instead, it shows the Overwrites & Overwritten flag. I am pretty sure this was not the case before I updated MO the other day.

Better Freckles shows the redundant flag since its overwritten by the WIP mod STEP Female Overhaul, so the redundant flag isn't completely broken, at least.

Edited by TorNyan

Yes, with the newest version of the Content Addon :facepalm: the bonemold hotfix is completely overwritten by it, though like TorNyan states about the flags - it shows the Overwrites & Overwritten flag even though there is nothing left in the hotfix that isn't overwitten.

• +1 1