aMidianBorn Book of Silence (by CaBaL)

EisDrache

• 1 month later...

The fact that it says the bashed patch must be used WHEN installing the content addon might cause a little bit of confusion. It sounds almost like they need to be done at or around the same time.

There might be a slightly better way to word it, but I can't think of it at the moment.

Plus there's almost no way to avoid all the confusion people go through when first using the STEP guide, especially first time modders. There's just so much to take in, and so many horror stories of what could go wrong, it's REALLY easy to overthink things and confuse yourself.

Then once everything comes together and just works, and after learning just a little bit more by asking questions, the whole guide (and the world in general) makes just a little bit more sense.

Being a rather dense first-time STEP user, I had to go back four pages in this thread to convince myself that I did not need to perform whatever a Bashed Patch is while installing Book of Silence upon seeing that warning.  Let me try to rewrite this so even I get it the first time I read it:

Original: "Warning: The Bashed Patch must be used (instructions later in the Guide) when installing the Content Addon! Failing to do so will cause issues (e.g., naked NPCs)."

Proposed edit: "Warning: Installing the Content Addon requires that the Bashed Patch be used. Those following the STEP Guide will be instructed when to apply the required Bashed Patch later on in the Guide.  Failing to do so will cause issues (e.g., naked NPCs)."

• 4 weeks later...

Newer != better quality.

Skeleton / DP from Kajuan hardly match BoS's quality.

His falmers doesn't either, but it cover more falmers (those from DG).

His draugr retex have been taken into consideration back when it came out IIRC, the fact that it improve hairs/beard is especially interesting. Wonder if this is in testing or not.

Edit : After a quick look at the Skeleton thread, it's actually a good one. I actually use SMIM's skeletons (always thought it was BoS's ones... >_

Edited by Kesta
  • +1 1

• 4 weeks later...

Has this been asked?  Why not also include the Bonemold Armor fix?  I am assuming that it is somehow addressed by another mod.  If that is the case, a mention of this in a note, would be good, just in case somebody chooses not to include that mod.  I imagine some people do not include all of the core mods, maybe leaving one out for their own personal reasons.  I myself almost never use crossbows, preferring the bows, so I was considering not including the Crossbow mod "Dawnguard Crossbow Bolts Visualized."

I think it would be awesome to have a set of notes with each mod as to why you leave certain parts out, or why you make the choices that you do.  For instance, why the black ebony and not the differently (silver/gold)?  If it is a simple style choice, that would be good to note, even if in the forum, and add screen shots of all styles, so if it is just a style preference, each person can make their own choice.  As it is, I have no idea if a style is not chosen because there is a problem with it.

I've found a problem with the SkyforgeSteel quest. It seems to get hung up on Tilma (old lady in Companions hut) because it alters all weapons for companions except her Skyforge Steel Dagger.

I'm not great a scripts but maybe add the following to the SkyforgeSteelWeaponsQuest?

NPCTilma .AddItem (SkyforgeSteelDagger, 1, true)

Is this worth trying to fix, if nothing else to stop the papyrus log about this quest error?

I've found a problem with the SkyforgeSteel quest. It seems to get hung up on Tilma (old lady in Companions hut) because it alters all weapons for companions except her Skyforge Steel Dagger.

I'm not great a scripts but maybe add the following to the SkyforgeSteelWeaponsQuest?

NPCTilma .AddItem (SkyforgeSteelDagger, 1, true)

Is this worth trying to fix, if nothing else to stop the papyrus log about this quest error?

That's because Tilma isn't an actual companion, so the script isn't supposed to replace her dagger anymore (while it did in older versions).

However the script still have the line, just the plugin doesn't link it anymore (so papyrus never know what "NPCTilma" refer to, and thus ignore the function call). That's harmless, just a papyrus error in the log. You can fix it quickly by removing the lines related to NPCTilma in the script and recompile it.

Edited by Kesta

Is this just a general comment or STEP, specific? STEP doesn't use the Skyforge part of BoS.

That's because Tilma isn't an actual companion, so the script isn't supposed to replace her dagger anymore (while it did in older versions).

However the script still have the line, just the plugin doesn't link it anymore (so papyrus never know what "NPCTilma" refer to, and thus ignore the function call). That's harmless, just a papyrus error in the log. You can fix it quickly by removing the lines related to NPCTilma in the script and recompile it.

Thanks both.

I just don't like any of the rubbish that can clutter the log, which could distract from actual errors.

I have logging off for my STEP build at the moment but I was getting it on my own version based of Skyrim Beautification Project.

This might be nothing, but does Skyrim have something called PapyrusProfileAnalyzer? Fallout 4 now has this, which sounds like some sort of script log checker tool? I wonder if it will work for Skyrim? I haven't really done any scripting before, so I really have no idea what it does. It opens PapyrusProfileLogs apparently. Does that ring any bells to anyone?

Edit: Oh and there's a dump log one too which takes Papyrus Log.

Edited by Guest