aMidianBorn Book of Silence (by CaBaL)

EisDrache

https://wiki.step-project.com/AMidianBorn_Book_of_Silence#Recommendations

I'm a tad confused on some of the install language in the detailed instructions:

"Depending on how you installed the mod"

Does this mean we should merge all of the aMidianBorn MODs through MO install, or is it optional based on preference?

What is the STEP recommended MO process?

Edit:

I also found this confusing:

"Download and install the Staff of Magnus Hotfix (into aMidianBorn Book of Silence - Unique Items) and the Content Addon."

Is Staff of Magnus to be install twice to both Unique Items and Content Addon, or Hotfix and Content Addon into Unique Items?  Or does this mean install Hotfix into Unique Items, but also download the Content Addon (with no relation to merging with Unique Items)?

Edited by lizardnexus

I think it makes more sense to split this into two instructions:

• Download and install the Staff of Magnus Hotfix into aMidianBorn Book of Silence - Unique Items
  • Download and install the Content Addon

The final step depends on how you installed all the aMidianBorn mods. You can install all of the aMidianBorn Book of Silence mods as multiple mods, or you can merge them into a single mod named aMidianBorn Book of Silence. If you merge them into a single mod, the the optional ESP will be in the aMidianBorn Book of Silence mod. If you install them as separate mods, the optional ESP is in the aMidianBorn Book of Silence Weapons mod.

I usually install these as separate mods just because it's easier to reinstall and update, but either way works fine.

That is absolutely more clear.

I think the larger part of my confusion on "should these mods be merged" is that Mod Organizer seems to want to install them as merged.

Perhaps an additional statement such as: "Mod Organizer will default to name each of these MODs as the previously installed AMidianBorn in the install sequence.  Merging these MODs is optional"

I may not have worded that as best as could be said.  If there weren't such a significant number of AMidianBorn MODs, this may not have made me feel so uncertain of a correct way to install.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry if I return on this topic, but I'm a little confused about this part:

"Download and install the Staff of Magnus Hotfix into aMidianBorn Book of Silence - Unique Items." 

I've installed all the single aMidianBorn mods separately, and renamed them accordingly, so I have "aMidianBorn Book of Silence UNIQUE ITEMS"  

in my mod list. Now, Do i just have to drag the two files of magnus hotfix into "staff of magnus" folder, overwriting the existing files, which are:

"1stpersonstaffofmagnus.nif" and

"staffofmagnus.nif" 

or do I have to do it differently?

edit: another thing... Do I have to make bashed patch after installing content addon, or do I just wait to reach the end of step process and make it?

Edited by LewsTherin

Kinda random, this mod is the one that takes me the most time out of any other on the guide, is there any chance you guys could slip this into the STEP Compilation? That would be incredible if it was possible.

Not exactly, but the compilation is hard enough to upload as it is and we haven't even gotten all of the mods we want added to it yet due to having trouble contacting authors, the limitations of the Nexus pm system are strong in this issue.

• 6 months later...

Regarding aMidianBorn Book of Silence - UNIQUE ITEMS and the Staff of Magnus hotfix, i think it might be easier to just have people move the files to where they belong.

The UNIQUE ITEMS mod does contain both 1stpersonstaffofmagnus.nif and staffofmagnus.nif, but they are located in <data>\meshes\staffofmagnus\

The hotfix places the exact same two files (verified via MD5 hash) in <data>\meshes\weapons\staffofmagnus\

Edited by aroth

• 1 month later...

I agree with aroth - moving the two files to the new directory manually is easier than downloading and installing the Staff of Magnus hotfix.

Installing the hotfix results in two sets of Staff of Magnus files in two different directories!

The instructions for Book of Silence - Dragonborn DLC say

"Notice -if the 4K variant is used these steps can be skipped."

but in the mod files download page there are no 4K options.

It looks to me like that notice is out of date and no longer relevant.

Regarding aMidianBorn Book of Silence - UNIQUE ITEMS and the Staff of Magnus hotfix, i think it might be easier to just have people move the files to where they belong.

The UNIQUE ITEMS mod does contain both 1stpersonstaffofmagnus.nif and staffofmagnus.nif, but they are located in \meshes\staffofmagnus\

The hotfix places the exact same two files (verified via MD5 hash) in \meshes\weapons\staffofmagnus\

I agree with aroth - moving the two files to the new directory manually is easier than downloading and installing the Staff of Magnus hotfix.

Installing the hotfix results in two sets of Staff of Magnus files in two different directories!

Systematics

The instructions for Book of Silence - Dragonborn DLC say

"Notice -if the 4K variant is used these steps can be skipped."

but in the mod files download page there are no 4K options.

It looks to me like that notice is out of date and no longer relevant.

The 4K version is included in the download. You have to install it manually to use it.