aMidianBorn Book of Silence (by CaBaL)

EisDrache

I believe I have fixed my own issue, the load order should be:

aMidianBorn Book of Silence - Dragon Born

aMidianBorn Book of Silence - Armors

aMidianBorn Book of Silence - Unique Items

aMidianBorn Book of Silence - Weapons

{actually the above order does not really matter as neither mod effects the other}

aMidianBorn - Content Addon

Complete Crafting Overhaul

Static Mesh Improvement Mod

Default Animal Replacement

aMidianBorn Book of Silence - Creatures

The aMidianBorn Book of Silence - Creatures is not needed by the aMedianBorn - Content Addon (and vice versa) so it can load after it. The only conflict then is three files in the textures folder for the Dragon Staff that conflicts with the aMidianBorn Book of Silence - Weapons. I compared the three files and they are exactly the same in both the aMidianBorn Book of Silence - Creatures and the aMidianBorn Book of Silence - Weapons, so not an issue.

Also if loading the 'Addon Content' the Bonemold Hotfix is not needed as it is already included in the Addon Content.

Yes I am referring to the left pane, so I guess I mean install order.

I believe I have fixed my own issue, the load order should be:

aMidianBorn Book of Silence - Dragon Born

aMidianBorn Book of Silence - Armors

aMidianBorn Book of Silence - Unique Items

aMidianBorn Book of Silence - Weapons

{actually the above order does not really matter as neither mod effects the other}

aMidianBorn - Content Addon

Complete Crafting Overhaul

Static Mesh Improvement Mod

Default Animal Replacement

aMidianBorn Book of Silence - Creatures

The aMidianBorn Book of Silence - Creatures is not needed by the aMedianBorn - Content Addon (and vice versa) so it can load after it. The only conflict then is three files in the textures folder for the Dragon Staff that conflicts with the aMidianBorn Book of Silence - Weapons. I compared the three files and they are exactly the same in both the aMidianBorn Book of Silence - Creatures and the aMidianBorn Book of Silence - Weapons, so not an issue.

Also if loading the 'Addon Content' the Bonemold Hotfix is not needed as it is already included in the Addon Content.

Yes I am referring to the left pane, so I guess I mean install order.

The only thing that CCOR and the AMB - Content Addon have in common is a script, both the actual script source and the compiled script. That script is written by kryptopyr and is the exact same script in both mods, so it doesn't matter what order you load it.

Then why is it plastered all over the place to load CCOR after AMB - Content Addon? If it doesn't matter then it really should be removed as I have been pulling my hair out on how to load this and I am sure other people will. Also, Loot currently has this sorted to load CCOR after AMB - Addon, which was why I was trying to get this to load after, and if you load it before then MO reports an error.

Then why is it plastered all over the place to load CCOR after AMB - Content Addon? If it doesn't matter then it really should be removed as I have been pulling my hair out on how to load this and I am sure other people will. Also, Loot currently has this sorted to load CCOR after AMB - Addon, which was why I was trying to get this to load after, and if you load it before then MO reports an error.

Load order is right pane. Install order is left pane. The LOOT rule will force the plugin from CCOR behind the plugin from AMB Content Addon in the right pane. Installation order does not matter for those two mods, so use the STEP guide which has CCOR listed first.

Actually, I am still talking about the left pane. Try it yourself. I have CCOR loaded after aMidianBorn - Content Addon. I run loot. Everything looks good. In the LEFT PANE, I move CCOR up before aMidianBorn - Content Addon and I get an error:

The conflict resolution order for some mods containing scripts differs from that of the corresponding esp.
This may lead to subtle, hard to locate bugs. You should re-order the affected mods (left list!).
There is no way to reliably know if each of these changes is absolutely necessary but its definitively safer.
If someone suggested you ignore this message, please give them a proper slapping from me. Do not ignore this warning
The following changes should prevent these kinds of errors:

• Move Complete Crafting Overhaul after aMidianBorn - Content Addon

CCOR has to be loaded in the LEFT PANE after aMidianBorn - Content Addon. So yes installation does matter in the LEFT PANE as well as the right.

And Loot makes the CCOR.esp load after aMidianBorn_ContentAddon.esp in the RIGHT PANE.

Basically, if you are using Loot and MO then CCOR has to load after aMidianBorn -Content Addon in both the LEFT and RIGHT PANE.

Edited by bhorton22

That Load Order suggestion in Mod Organizer is only a suggestion, and the feature is only in Beta. 

The STEP team's checked their suggested left pane order throughly, and that suggestion from MO can be safely ignored. In fact I usually turn that MO feature off.

Edited by Nozzer66

OK. But, just so you know - Loot loads CCOR.esp after the ambac.esp by default. I have not set up any metadata rule for either mod and the CCOR.esp is loaded after ambac.esp by Loot. This forces you to load CCOR in the left pane after aMBAC unless you ignore the error message(s) - which to me sort of defeats one of the nice features of MO (letting you know you have something wrong).

However, if you follow the install order that I posted above then you get the benefit of the mods installing so that the meshes and textures that STEP is trying to achieve are achieved in the install order and no error message in MO.

Also, you may want to put a note/message on the STEP page to tell the user that they can ignore this message or they are going to have the same problem I have had and could end up with their install order not matching STEP (as most normal users would be tempted to click the 'Fix' button in MO which then moves CCOR after ambac and thus loose the meshes that SMIM loads as CCOR will override them).

Edited by bhorton22

Yes, the LOOT Rules have now been added to the Masterlist, so don't need to be added by the user.

The MO warning can and probably should be disabled, as it is in the SR:LE guide. Hopefully the staff will add this instruction to the MO install guide soon.

Yes, the LOOT Rules have now been added to the Masterlist, so don't need to be added by the user.

The MO warning can and probably should be disabled, as it is in the SR:LE guide. Hopefully the staff will add this instruction to the MO install guide soon.

I'm soooooo adding that to the next version of STEP. I like the idea of the plugin, but it just isn't ready for prime time.

Just so you know where I am coming from:

I have a new desktop (I mean 3 weeks old) with Windows 8.1, I7-4790K Intel 4.0ghz processor, 64 bit, 32 gig operating system. 4gb Nvidia GTX970 graphics card, 2tb hard drive with another half a tb solid state drive (which is where Skyrim is installed).

I have loaded my anti virus software, my printer/scanner software, Microsoft office, steam and then Skyrim (with creation kit). Adobe Acrobat, Flash Player and that is it. There is nothing else loaded. I then sat down in front of the STEP guide and have been slowly following it to get my Skyrim to the best experience I can get.

May I ask why not use the load order I suggested above? Is there something wrong with it? Am I missing something?

No there's nothing wrong with it. In fact, I'm surprised that you didn't get the same error in reverse by switching the mods since the script that is causing the error is the exact same file in both mods. Kryptopyr wrote the script and added it both mods for users that aren't using CCOR and AMB at the same time.

We may end up moving CCOR to Equipment since we may make all the mods in the Fixes section Core.

Also, when you get farther along with STEP Extended you'll get another error for EBQO, parthunaax dilemma, killable children, and something else. It's a circular error and if you let MO fix it, then there will be an incorrect mod order that MO doesn't detect. The latest version of CCF and WAF have the same issue, but hiding the conflicting script fixes it.

I'd suggest just turning the detection off in the MO settings->plugin tab. Just highlight Basic diagnosis tool and then double click check_modorder and change it to false.

By the way, until I hit aMidianBorn book of silence, there had been no problems. Easy to follow, install and everything seemed to be working great.

Edit: Actually that is not completely true. The mod 'Consistent Older People' has to be deactivated in the right pane when running Skyrim for where I am up to in loading STEP. I haven't reached the BOYD yet, so a master file is missing. Obviously this wont be an issue once I get to BOYD and load it.

Edited by bhorton22

No there's nothing wrong with it. In fact, I'm surprised that you didn't get the same error in reverse by switching the mods since the script that is causing the error is the exact same file in both mods. Kryptopyr wrote the script and added it both mods for users that aren't using CCOR and AMB at the same time.

We may end up moving CCOR to Equipment since we may make all the mods in the Fixes section Core.

Also, when you get farther along with STEP Extended you'll get another error for EBQO, parthunaax dilemma, killable children, and something else. It's a circular error and if you let MO fix it, then there will be an incorrect mod order that MO doesn't detect. The latest version of CCF and WAF have the same issue, but hiding the conflicting script fixes it.

I'd suggest just turning the detection off in the MO settings->plugin tab. Just highlight Basic diagnosis tool and then double click check_modorder and change it to false.

Thanks for letting me know and also how to deactivate the error messages. I didn't know how to do that. Must admit though, so far the changes STEP has suggested have been great and I am dying to get to the end so I can fully enjoy the game. Not sure who came up with the concept of STEP but I wish they had been around when Oblivion came out (yes I am an Oblivion fan and minor Modder as well), I could have done with something like this when I was installing that game.