aMidianBorn Book of Silence (by CaBaL)

EisDrache

Whew. I learned a lot while trying to figure out this install.

I noticed that on the Nexus discussion for this mod there is a note (three posts down from the top) indicating yet another fix — apparently in the Book of Silence Dragonborn files, textures/actors/dlc02/ash needs to be renamed from "ash" to "ashman." I haven't seen this mentioned in STEP, but it seems to me that it is relevant?

Also wanted to list some probably-obvious things that I had to figure out from a newbie perspective:

(1) How to add the manually downloaded hotfixes into Mod Organizer. If any other clueless folks have the same question, ultimately the way that I did it was to right-click on the appropriate mod in MO (for example, "Book of Silence Dragonborn DLC" for the bonemold hotfix), select "Open in Explorer," and then trace the directory structure to place the manually downloaded hotfix files into the correct place. (The Staff of Magnus hotfix, as noted in an earlier post above, doesn't actually require a download, only a rearranging of the file structure in the Book of Silence Unique Items mod. But it's helpful to have the download to see how it's supposed to look.)

(2) In the STEP instructions, when talking about moving the Skyforge Weapons ESP into "optional ESPs," the mod that you need to right-click on is the Book of Silence Weapons mod. The instructions just say to change the "Book of Silence" in general, but it's divided up into separate mods, so you have to find the right one. Of course, the weapons mod is the obvious choice, but it left me confused for a second.

(3) If you're using Complete Crafting Overhaul, there's an extra LOOT meta instruction, for the load order of Book of Silence Content Addon ESP in relation to the Complete Crafting Overhaul ESP. This is mentioned in the STEP Complete Crafting Overhaul page but not on the Book of Silence page. I guess this probably doesn't matter, but if you're working slowly down through STEP like I am then it could be easy to overlook / forget / lose track of that earlier instruction by the time you get to Book of Silence and can actually implement it.

Hope I got all that right!

Edited by Sahana
  • +1 1

There's an easier way than that. Just use the 'Install Mod' option. 

Click on that, and then proceed as per normal mod adding. Use 'Rename' and rename the hotfix to the same name as the module you want to add it to. Then simply install using Merge.

• 1 month later...

MO Users: To install the Content Addon:

"Warning: The Bashed Patch must be used (instructions later in the Guide) when installing the Content Addon! Failing to do so will cause issues (e.g., naked NPCs). There are special instructions for the Content Addon on the Bashed Patch mod page. Please note these instructions when building your Bashed Patch later on in the Guide."

I may have missed something in the above posts.

Do I install as STEP section order "2.I. Clothing & Equipment" .. or wait until AFTER Bashed Patch is installed at "2.N. Patches" ?

As per "Install mods in the order that they are presented in the following tables in order to achieve the desired result" bullet, at top of page.

EDIT: Otherwise, to me, Warning :Fce2Xqz.png

... reads -as if- Content Addon [only/of group] should be moved down the STEP page (bear with my embarrassing learning curve!)

Edited by CloakedBreton

The fact that it says the bashed patch must be used WHEN installing the content addon might cause a little bit of confusion. It sounds almost like they need to be done at or around the same time.

There might be a slightly better way to word it, but I can't think of it at the moment.

Plus there's almost no way to avoid all the confusion people go through when first using the STEP guide, especially first time modders. There's just so much to take in, and so many horror stories of what could go wrong, it's REALLY easy to overthink things and confuse yourself.

Then once everything comes together and just works, and after learning just a little bit more by asking questions, the whole guide (and the world in general) makes just a little bit more sense.

• +1 1

I find just reading everything throughly first before even starting cleared up about 99.9% of any queries I had. The other 0.01 Was cleared up by reading here.

Most users tend to no like to read so they just ask. Nothing wrong with that, but it would cut down on a lot of support questions.

• 2 weeks later...

If you read the page phazer11 linked above you'll see it tells you to move that esp to the upper pane in optional esps. 

(2) In the STEP instructions, when talking about moving the Skyforge Weapons ESP into "optional ESPs," the mod that you need to right-click on is the Book of Silence Weapons mod. The instructions just say to change the "Book of Silence" in general, but it's divided up into separate mods, so you have to find the right one. Of course, the weapons mod is the obvious choice, but it left me confused for a second.

This is no longer the case in the current recommendations. Did this accidentally get deleted, or is it no longer necessary ot move the "Skyforge Weapons" esp to optional esp's?

This is no longer the case in the current recommendations. Did this accidentally get deleted, or is it no longer necessary ot move the "Skyforge Weapons" esp to optional esp's?

This was done by SRB on Feb 15 while he was removing a LOOT rule which had been added to the masterlist.

Will need clarification as to whether this was removed by accident or not, as there is no mention of it in this thread, or anywhere else I've seen. It may have been done as a result of the posts you quoted.

Thanks for bringing this up!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my, krypto did it! An update to the Content Addon!!

CHANGE LOG
Version 1.9:

• Updated with most recent changes from Unofficial Patches, Weapons & Armor Fixes, and Complete Crafting Overhaul
  • Added proper Bash tags (Delev, Relev) to file
  • Added the Bonemold and Staff of Magnus Hotfixes
  • Included conflicting changes from BetterQuestObjectives, so a separate patch for this mod is no longer needed.
  • Added the ability to craft alternate unenchanted versions of Ebony Mail
  • Added PRUFEI conditions to breakdown recipes
  • Corrected typo in the name of three EnchGlassCuirassDestruction04 variants
  • Corrected footstep sound for Ebony Gold & Ebony Silver boots (was light)
  • Corrected 1st person female ebony cuirass & gauntlets
  • Changed Steel Glass armor so that it weighs a bit more than regular glass armor, but has the same armor rating.
  • Changed stats of Elven & Glass variants to correspond to changes made in WAF Version 5.1.
  • Corrected Impact data and Block material for Glass variant shields (was Heavy, should be Light).
  • Thalmor gauntlets will now use the correct black variant texture for female first person view.
  • The Steel white fur variant should now appear properly for female characters when in first person view.
  • Renamed "Iron-Brown Fur" to "Iron-Fine" (gave them slightly higher stats)
  • Added Corundum to "Iron-Fine" recipes
  • Removed generic enchanted Iron-Fine armors from 01 and 02 sublists, so the Iron-Fine will spawn 1/3 as often and will only appear with the better (rank 03) enchantments.
  • Crafting, tempering, and breakdown recipes added for new Iron-Engraved variant.
  • Engraved Iron and Fine Iron now use male helmet mesh for both males and females. Alternative Engraved & Fine Iron helmets are available using the female helmet mesh and can also now be worn by both males and females.
  • Added the original DLC2ArmorNordicShield "Nordic Shield" variant to the DLC2SublistArmorNordicShield_AMB sublist so that all three variants have an equal chance to spawn. Also carried over WAF corrections to the DLC2LItemArmorShieldHeavy list.
  • Corrected missing Nordic "black" variants in the DLC2SublistArmorNordicSetBlack_AMB and added helmets to all three DLC2SublistArmorNordicSet*_AMB lists.
  • Fixed the recipe for the Iron Gauntlets (brown fur variant) so it now works correctly for the different CCO options.
  • Fixed the recipe for Savior's Hide replica (white fur variant) so it will create the correct color variant.
  • Added WAF_VisuallyDarkArmor keyword to Thalmor (elven dark) armor.

I am confused on the order of loading the mods for STEP 2.2.9.

First, according to the load order for STEP 2.2.9 Complete Crafting Overhaul should load before Static Mesh Improvement and then Default Animal Replacement should load after Static Mesh Improvement. The Static Mesh improvement replaces a lot of the content of the Complete Crating Overhaul (over 300 meshes) and the Default Animal Replacement also replaces a couple of the meshes in Static Mesh Improvement. Then the aMidian Book of Silence - creatures loads later, which then replaces some of the content in Static Mesh Improvement and Default Animal Replacement. Then the Content Add on for aMidian Book of Silence should load. But, The complete Crafting Overhaul needs to load after the aMidian Book of Silence. Thus as far as I can see you have a loop and the load order can not be resolved. Can some one point me in the right direction?

Also, the following forum topic on loading the aMidian Book of Silence:

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?showtopic=2678959

states that the 'aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp' should not be activated if loading the add on content. I see no mention of this on the STEP 2.2.9 page. Should this .esp be activated or not. I am thinking not if the author says not to, but I want to make sure.

OK, I guess I should have reread the forum on Book of Silence, as it says to move the 'aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp' to the optional window (basically removing it). But my first question is still valid. I am still not sure on the load order.