Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade (by kryptopyr)

statmonster

In Bash, under the masters list I mentioned earlier, there's a tags list; Use it to add a Stats and a Names tag to WAF and CCF.Btw, Bash just uses the last values it finds, by default, not the most used.

I stumbled upon this again and just need some clarification. WAF and CCF changes are sometimes overwritten by CCO. When making a bashed patch the values (often actual values of items) are changed back to those of WAF and CCF. Is this intentional or do I need to add bash tags to CCO?

Example: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8j5hggjhqsnms7o/Screenshot%202014-03-14%2010.14.09.png

I guess it kind of depends on your preferences, I set both WAF and CCF to have both stats and name tags (to overwrite all other mods) and set CCOR to only have a stats tag so that all the values that are changed in that mod get forwarded.

krypto, is it somehow technically possible to prevent equipped items from being smelted/deconstructed? There's no indication in the game what is what at all, and all you see for example in the smelter interface is just item names. I managed to smelt the armour I was wearing more than once simply because I just cannot keep track what is what and where.

This a hundred times. I really need to know whether I deconstruct the item I'm using or the identical other item in my inventory.

krypto, is it somehow technically possible to prevent equipped items from being smelted/deconstructed? There's no indication in the game what is what at all, and all you see for example in the smelter interface is just item names. I managed to smelt the armour I was wearing more than once simply because I just cannot keep track what is what and where.Also on similar note, is it possible to show how much would the stats delta when looking at recipes? For example, I am going through steel armour, and it would be great if I could see how much armour rating or whatever I'd get compared to the iron one I currently wear.

Yes, it's possible to prevent equipped items from showing up in the smelter menu.  I may add these conditions eventually, but it requires a fair bit of time and tedious work.

I'm not sure I understand the second question.  Can't you just look at the armor stats?  I don't think the stats you see are the base armor rating; I think they are already adjusted for your skill and perks.

Well, that feature would be absolutely awesome, and while I cannot speak for anyone else, I believe this would please crowds a LOT.

I am not sure what am I seeing myself, to be honest :D

The idea is to get some sort of input how much more damage/armour rating/something I would get compared to what I have currently equipped when checking an item in a crafting menu. Does this make sense? Right now when I browse my inventory, I see some numbers in brackets when I mouse over them; those that have better stats in green, and the worse in red. I am not entirely sure how these are calculated, but it's good enough indicator.

OR, is it possible to display what you currently have equipped in the same slot the item you are looking at in crafting menu goes to? Say I am about to craft a helmet, but unsurprisingly do not remember the stats of the one I have equipped. The item to craft is displayed at the bottom of the screen, right? Would it be possible to show the helmet I wear somewhere near the top of the screen then?

Well, that feature would be absolutely awesome, and while I cannot speak for anyone else, I believe this would please crowds a LOT. I am not sure what am I seeing myself, to be honest :DThe idea is to get some sort of input how much more damage/armour rating/something I would get compared to what I have currently equipped when checking an item in a crafting menu. Does this make sense? Right now when I browse my inventory, I see some numbers in brackets when I mouse over them; those that have better stats in green, and the worse in red. I am not entirely sure how these are calculated, but it's good enough indicator.OR, is it possible to display what you currently have equipped in the same slot the item you are looking at in crafting menu goes to? Say I am about to craft a helmet, but unsurprisingly do not remember the stats of the one I have equipped. The item to craft is displayed at the bottom of the screen, right? Would it be possible to show the helmet I wear somewhere near the top of the screen then?

Maybe this last one is more suitable as a request to the author of more HUD.

One more question: is it possible to add the option to smelt jewellry? I got several rings and the like, and I think it would be nice if I could turn them into silver or whatever ingots.

edit:

Question two: smelter doesn't seem to make a difference between regular and improved items. Is it possible to display this? What I do is improve all weapons and armour before I smelt them for a bit of extra experience, and again, not knowing what exactly I am about to smelt makes it a little bit of a pain in the ass.

Edited by Octopuss

The first thing I do when I get to a smelter is drop one of these, from

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/32676/?

I then place all of my worn armor and used equipment plus treasures I intend to keep inside and then I smelt.

Better to smelt naked and leave armed than leave town naked after smelting my armor lol.

If Kryptopyr's Blacksmith/carpenter chest was forgeable/placeable I would use it instead due to the sorting capabilities.

Oh, and thanks a bunch for all of your hard work Krptopyr.  Love your mods.

Edited by gollemodder

If Kryptopyr's Blacksmith/carpenter chest was forgeable/placeable I would use it instead due to the sorting capabilities.

I feel that having them in a few predetermined locations is better from a game balance perspective for ones with shared content like Kryptopyr's blacksmith and carpenter chests. What the Buildable Chests and Containers mod, or the Arod's Better Containers mod that it recommends, really needs to use are the scripts from Automatic Item Storage and Alchemy Ingredient Storage mods which provide the sorting you want. Several other mods use these to provide sorting in containers; Kryptopyr mentions that Automatic Item Storage mod script was used as the model for the script in Blacksmith Chests and it was also used for Breezehome Fully Upgradable.

I feel that having them in a few predetermined locations is better from a game balance perspective for ones with shared content like Kryptopyr's blacksmith and carpenter chests. What the Buildable Chests and Containers mod, or the Arod's Better Containers mod that it recommends, really needs to use are the scripts from Automatic Item Storage and Alchemy Ingredient Storage mods which provide the sorting you want. Several other mods use these to provide sorting in containers; Kryptopyr mentions that Automatic Item Storage mod script was used as the model for the script in Blacksmith Chests and it was also used for Breezehome Fully Upgradable.

Great suggestions, I'll check those out probably tonight.

Edited by gollemodder

How is this mod doing in terms of testing? No updates on the OP and I don't really feel up to reading all 146 posts. :wacko:

I've run it on just about everything for the past month or so and had no issues at all. I remember one item Iron Shield which come up with a 2 ingot recipe and a 2 ingot smelt breakdown but I'm sure that could be patched really easy if I knew how. I don't believe CCOR was at fault with all of the other mods involved in those profiles.

I personally love the mod and find it hard to play without it but I'm on a Requiem thing right now and I want to go all the way through it without patching anything.

Dang I querted myself.

Edited by gollemodder

I love this mod and would not leave home without it. That said, I think that we need to determine if it is right for Extended (I think it is).

If it is not, then it needs to be bundled into a Pack with all compatibility options and patches needed to work with Extended-to-be.