Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade (by kryptopyr)

statmonster

It should be fine to update.  None of the script changes should cause any problems in an existing game (most of the script changes were to the MCM script).

Really the only reason it's still in beta is because there are a few features that are designed specifically for compatibility with the newest versions of Frostfall and Wet & Cold, so I'm waiting for both of those to hopefully get updated.  It really won't hurt anything if CCO is used without those mods or if used with the older versions, but the newly integrated cloaks won't be recognized by the older versions of those mods.

Really the only reason it's still in beta is because there are a few features that are designed specifically for compatibility with the newest versions of Frostfall and Wet & Cold.

The next update of Frostfall is actually scheduled for Q3 2015 though.

On a side note, whatever happened to your plans to improve the lunar forge and weapons?

I've never found the time to add the lunar weapons.  I had someone offer to help me with them, but he seems to have disappeared.  I haven't forgotten about them, but it's just not a priority at the moment.  

Honestly, the whole paid mods debacle has made be sit back and look at just how much of my time I spend on this hobby and consider whether I could be doing something more productive with my time.   I'd love to finish up all the plans I've had for my mods, but that's a lot of work yet and probably never going to happen.  I think I need to be moving on. 

*shrug*  Sorry, I didn't mean to for my reply to be so morose, but I've lost a lot of my motivation for modding over the past week or so (though to be fair, it was starting to decline before the paid mods incident).  I'm determined to get the alchemy mod released, so I'll just see how I feel after that. 

I'd love to; I hate leaving projects unfinished, but there are too many 'little things'.  I could spend several more years just wrapping everything up.  I'll try my best to make sure that I leave my all mods in a solid, stable condition.  And there are definitely a few features that I've had significant help from others on, and I feel I owe it to them to finish up and release those things.  I'm not going to suddenly disappear one day (barring an unforeseen accident of course), but I really do need to re-adjust certain priorities in my life.

I'd love to; I hate leaving projects unfinished, but there are too many 'little things'.  I could spend several more years just wrapping everything up.  I'll try my best to make sure that I leave my all mods in a solid, stable condition.  And there are definitely a few features that I've had significant help from others on, and I feel I owe it to them to finish up and release those things.  I'm not going to suddenly disappear one day (barring an unforeseen accident of course), but I really do need to re-adjust certain priorities in my life.

I love your mods and have almost all of them installed. I hope you find the right balance between modding and everything else. I suppose this is an unpopular thing to say, but if modding isn't fun for you, then don't do it.

• +1 1

The thing is I absolutely LOVE modding.  I don't want to give it up.  But there are real life concerns that I need to address. 

I don't want to get into a discussion of my personal life and financial needs, but I've known for a year or so now that I really needed to consider getting a second job.  However, I've been dragging my feet because 1) I really don't want to have a second job and 2) I recognize that as soon as I commit to another job, my free time (aka my modding time) will become practically non-existent.  Unfortunately, what I want doesn't really change the reality of the situation and what I need to do.  I won't claim that it was a perfect system, but paid mods did seem to be an answer to my prayers and could have potentially solved my dilemma completely.  I was so excited when I heard they had given us that opportunity, and I'm crushed to have had it taken away.  That disappointment, along with my disgust over all the accompanying hatred, has really prompted me to finally bite the bullet and face some tough decisions.  

Edit:  as Tech says, I've given STEP access to many of my mods.  I've also recently updated my permissions to open them up to general modification and updates if I ever disappear and can't be reached.

I have a feeling that paid mods will return in a different form. They didn't just try this system and decide to abandon it completely. Also, I heard from Chesko that Bethesda is going to allow Patreon for modders, so there could be that type of thing going on like that guy has with City: Skylines where he gets paid to make buildings.

I think Chesko retracted that statement about Patreon, saying he misunderstood the comment.  I do hope they reconsider (and I'm pretty sure it will happen eventually, for future games), but even if they do, it may be years down the road, and it would be silly for me to make any decisions based on that remote possibility.  Believe me, I've tried to rationalize this in just about every way I can think of.  I have a list of all the reasons I shouldn't get another job and all the possible alternatives, but if I'm honest with myself, they are all either based on rather shaking reasoning or pretty shallow.

Anyway, I've probably dragged this conversation off-topic for long enough.  I will say that I'm really excited with the way the alchemy mod is developing.  It's going to be pretty incredible (in my humble opinion, of course). :;):

• +1 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The instructions for CCO in STEP say "Install the Complete Crafting Overhaul main file and the Complete Crafting Overhaul - Hotfix optional file."  What about the optional file for the mod called "CCO Compatibility Patch for WAF True Weapons"?  It says this for that file's description on the Nexus mod page: "Compatibility patch for use with either Weapons & Armor Fixes Legendary Plus or True Orcish and Daedric Weapons. This file should take the place of Weapons & Armor_TrueWeaponsLvlLists.esp and should be placed at the very bottom of your load order."  It was uploaded on the same day as version 1.6 of the main file, which are both 1 day after WAF's newest version appeared on the Nexus.  Do the STEP instructions need to be updated?

This never happened in the guide.  With CCO installed, the "CCO Compatibility Patch for WAF True Weapons" should also be installed and the "Weapons & Armor_TrueWeaponsLvlLists.esp" inside "Weapons and Armor Fixes Remade" should be moved to "Optional ESPs" (in other words, not used).  I compared the files a while back and the LvlLists esp file patch for CCO was more suited to CCO than the LvLLists esp provided by WAF.