Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade (by kryptopyr)

statmonster

Yeah I don't like exploits either it's just that I found that using this exploit was the only way to reach higher levels of smithing. But as you said, smithing higher level gear increases the experience gain, which I didn't know. This might be enough for me to stop smithing iron daggers  ::):

Thanks for the tip on Skyrim community uncapper, which I have used. I'm using requiem at the moment and I don't know if they play well together.

Anything you craft will get you experience based on value now (so iron daggers aren't so useful).

But it's the most efficient method: one iron ingot, one leather strip. That's nothing!

I think the idea I was suggesting would work best if it required Smithing perks overhaul mod along with CCO, and worked based on the highest perk in the left part of the tree you had. For example, if you had the one that lets you create nordic items, you'd get full XP from items that belong there, a little less from the perk below that, and very little from anything below that.

Okay, I've read this entire thread and have gathered the most important information on it for STEP inclusion:

Mods that Conflict

• "Bring Out Your Dead, where 4 NPCs won't have the BOYD script attached to them anymore." This is the only reference I found of a STEP mod conflict that hasn't been addressed/resolved.
  • Ars Metallica will be dropped if this is accepted.

Plugins to Eliminate and Load Order

[*]Load Order:
      [*]Improved Closefaced Helmets_Legendary.esp loads after Clothing & Clutter Fixes

[*]Plugins:

[*]aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp is not needed if aMidianborn_Book of Silence_CCO is used

Other Issues
Animations do not play in 3rd person for smelter and tanning rack. Only resolution would be to have the experience from these be included and not optional. No resolution is planned at this time.

MCM Settings

The only mention of the MCM settings to use was by Z. He stated the defaults should be left as is because Kry set them to be the most compatible with other mods.

STEP:Core vs STEP:Extended

• Z - Earlier in the thread Z thinks this is right for Core as the default MCM settings can be considered fixes. Later in the thread, Z states it's right for Extended. Conflicting votes here so need some input from Z.
  • Kelmych and Roots voted for Extended.
  • Several members have voted for its inclusion but not specifically Core or Extended.
  • No other staff have chimed in on this. I myself am unfamiliar with even the vanilla crafting because I rarely used it as I mainly play mage characters. Therefore, I'm leaving this one up to the remainder of the staff.

I think it's clear this will be added. If Z will chime in and clarify his vote, I think we can get this one out of testing as "accepted".

To reiterate my opinion: this mod is not a simple fix, like for example Trade and Barter. It changes stuff, it adds stuff, it definitely goes beyond what Bethesda intended for smithing. It's an extension of vanilla crafting system IMHO and for that reason it should be part of STEP Extended rather than core.

I feel that this mod is better suited for Extended, particularly if you don't wish to make any MCM changes.  By deactivating many of the added features, you can approach something that is mostly an improved (more consistent) vanilla crafting system.  However, if you leave the default settings as they are, this mod does add a lot beyond simple tweaks to the vanilla crafting recipes.

If you want to include recommended MCM settings, this is fine and won't cause any compatibility problems.  The reason for the defaults is that I wanted other mod authors to be able to integrate CCO compatibility into their mods without making CCO a requirement.  This means that many of the settings (at least those that have any bearing on other mods) are activated by default.  Breakdown recipes are an example of this.  I assume that any mod author that takes the time to include breakdown recipes will want those recipes activated in their mods.  If, by default, CCO deactivated this feature, then the breakdown recipes added by other mods (at least those with CCO support) would be made unavailable to any players who aren't also using CCO (since CCO's menu options would be needed to activate that feature).  However, this is really only a matter of allowing other mods to work equally well with or without CCO.  If you have CCO installed, the settings you choose won't have any effect on compatibility.

Animations:

By default, the animations WILL play in 3rd person for smelter and tanning rack.  It's only if you turn on the smithing experience for these activities that the animation won't play.  If you leave the settings off, then the animations will work just as then do in the vanilla game.

Thanks for the clarification on those points, kryptopyr. In light of all this information, I'm marking this as accepted for Extended inclusion. If we feel we need to modify the MCM options away from the defaults, please discuss this further and include your reasoning for the change.

Marked as accepted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I know this will look strange in the Guide, but for 2.2.9, we cannot have CCOR in Gameplay, as it overwrites Gemling Queen Jewelry. Also, with the aMidianborn Content Addon loaded earlier, it throws MO's potential mod order warning. The script file in conflict is actually identical (file hashes are the same). Therefore, I have moved CCOR to the top of section I, Clothing and Equipment. Technically this mod does add clothing and equipment and modifies them, so this IMO is actually a more accurate placement.