Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade (by kryptopyr)

statmonster

I like that you can turn off Eastern or Fanasty/Lore unfriendly options.  This makes for some interesting additional swords (I assume from JaSuS Swords redone by Sharlikran) without adding lots of katanas and the like.  Well done.

One feature (which I like but may depart from "Vanilla") is that with the smelting options mining for iron ore is pretty unnecessary as there are always loads of iron weapons to smelt down.

New update released! :)

Made a few changes to the mining and wood chopping scripts that should help improve compatibility with other mods.

Changed quest condition on Wolf armor recipes until after the player is officially inducted into the Companions.

Made a number of small corrections to recipes and leveled lists.

Added CCO script properties to Shellbugs so they can now be mined properly.

Added buckles to blacksmith inventories so bandoliers can be crafted without requiring the player to have the Steel/Basic smithing perk.

Fixed issue with invisible bandoliers from spawning on Dark Brotherhood assassins.

Added bulk recipes for hearthfire building materials (iron fittings, hinges, locks, nails).

Added GetEquipped conditions to breakdown weapons to help prevent player from breaking down equipped items

Added some more breakdown recipes that were still missing from CCO and created additional breakdown recipes for certain armors so they can be broken down at either the smelter for ingots or at the tanning rack for leather.

Reworked some of the recipes to increase consistency.

A full change log for version 1.4 is included with the download.

Edited by Noobsayer
  • +1 1

Ohh!! That's what makes rainy sunday best day of the month! ::D:

edit:

After paying attention to the changelog...

"Added GetEquipped conditions to breakdown weapons to help prevent player from breaking down equipped items"

Yes, yes, YES!!! krypto, you're the man! Err I mean, the woman.

Edited by Octopuss

Thanks! :)  However, MatortheEternal is largely to thank for those changes in the breakdown recipes.  He developed a script for TES5Edit that automatically creates breakdown recipes.  His script greatly decreased the time and effort necessary to add those conditions, which I probably wouldn't have had time to do otherwise.  I've been testing and helping him polish up the final version of the script, and I suspect he'll release it soon for other modders as well.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49373/?

Would be great to get a copy of the STEP Extended esp that drops the requirements for Ars Metallica.  My load order is full up and merge patches in TES5Edit haven't been reliable.  Also can take out Diverse Priests fix due to adoption of CCF.

Edited by steveley

I agree octopuss. Another problem to me is that you could never get good at smithing by just playing the game. You almost have to craft a lot of daggers to get good at it. A solution would be that, as you suggested, that you have to create something better to reach the high levels and I think this should be combined with an increased level gain at each item created.

Anything you craft will get you experience based on value now (so iron daggers aren't so useful).  Going to Halter Stream Camp, mining all the iron and transmuting it to gold, and then crafting gold jewelry (especially with expensive jewels in it) will really pop up your smithing (and alteration). So will spamming ebony gear if you go to the ebony mine.

But the crafting loads of cheap objects to boost skill doesn't bother me because I could never be bothered to use these sorts of exploits. (Though there are other exploits I need to be tempted not to use mid game...)

Edited by statmonster