STEP Patches

Nearox

Any comment on my post on the previous page about mod merging?

I addressed indirectly in my previous post. Basically, it is the patch creator's call, but I think that the official STEP version should address all of STEP:Core in its baseline entirety (like ASI) as a single patch to keep it simple. This would be the Main File on the Nexus. We can include optional files as long as there is a clear need and use for them. I honestly cannot imagine any other variants besides STEP:Extended and versions that accomodate userw without all DLC though.

That's cool. I just wanted to toss out my feelings on the matter of mod merging and the benefits of keeping that as a separate patch. It's entirely up to the patchers here though.

As for the DLC, I agree with the rest that it is far past time and excuses to not have all the DLCs by now. This holiday season you'll be able to get all three together for around $25 (US) or cheaper. Really no excuses... I've also noticed a few authors starting to take this same approach on Nexus.

Edit: https://forum.step-project.com/showthread.php?tid=4230

Maybe I posted this before, but I forget. All the mods that I think are mergeable and the author's mod will not be necessary to download for the STEP compilation style patch.

Plugins

Dragon Shout with Voice can be fully merged                                                         1

More Salt Please and DB addon can be fully merged                                                2

Moon Size Tweaks both plugins can be fully merged                                                2

Realistic Ragdoll Force can be fully merged                                                              1

No Spinning Death Animation can be fully merged*                                                 1

Dungeon Quest Awareness can be fully merged                                                      1

Disease Descriptions and both DLC plugins can be fully merged                                3

EBQO and dlc plugins can be fully merged                                                               3

WaterBreathing Breathless Emerged is redundant after forwarding USKP fixes*         1

Distant Detail can be fully merged                                                                          1

No spell version of Dead Body Collsions can be fully merged                                     1

Blessings Altar Descriptions can be fully merged                                                     1

17/18

I do like tech's idea of two patches that do not have all the mods, but in the case of say Disease Descriptions, we shouldn't give a choice since that is just renaming some descriptions and not an intrusive thing. Users wouldn't only ever see it in the Magic menu descriptions for the effects.

If we do what kryp has said earlier and start merging the plugins that are only textures or meshes, so users will still need the original mod and just not use the mod's esp, then I say lets have two plugins for that scenario.

EDIT: Oh and right now Skyrim LE is 20 bucks or the DLC are $10, but I'd wait till they are part of a flash sale.

Two plugins?

Disease Descriptions?

17/18??

Sorry, I am not following that last post at all.

I assume that the mod list is a comprehensive list of mergeable mods? We do not need to notify any of the authors of mods like kryptopyr was referring to. We'll still be using their mods, just not the plugins.

Yeah those are the mods I can merge without requiring the original files to be downloaded. Those are plugins I can get rid of by merging those mods and 17 or 18 plugins is the total. Yeah I agree we don't need to contact authors if we are still using their mods.

Mods that are completely merged those probably need some permission, Will already gave permission for Disease Descriptions. I can just make us our own version of the moons' sizes, ragdolls, salt, and probably a couple others without having to ask the authors.

I think tech was saying that we should have a version with just the patched changes and a version with all mods that are merged so people can forgo using those mods if they want to.

I was saying that mods like Disease Descriptions or Blessings only change one part of a record. It is just the text that you see in game like when you go up to an altar and it says, "Shrine of Talos", but with Blessings it says, "Shrine of Talos (Fortify Shouts)". That is not very intrusive on STEP users so we should just add it to the STEP Patch and not give them a choice for that particular mod like tech was saying. For the mods that add textures or meshes then yes we should have two versions.

Recommencing food coma...

OK, for STEP:Core mods, I don't think that we need to factor in any customization (see ASI threads on this topic ... it is addressed multiple times by me in several threads ... beginning to turn blue).

STEP:Core should be strictly and explicitly defined with regard to each mod, so only one patch is needed. STEP:Extended is more complicated, so you guys can do whatever you want for that. I'd just like to get the main patch and ASI focused around STEP:Core as a starting point if it is not too much to ask.

TIA

@Tech:

We should clean up each STEP:Core Mod note to explicitly define our recommendation if there is more than one option. If there are any 'difficult' decisions to be made, then let's address within the mod threads for each and land on something by consensus.

[snip]

@Tech:

We should clean up each STEP:Core Mod note to explicitly define our recommendation if there is more than one option. If there are any 'difficult' decisions to be made, then let's address within the mod threads for each and land on something by consensus.

I can go over them again, but in that last massive run Nearox had me doing should have taken care of that. I'll double check them to be certain of it.

[snip]

@Tech:

I can go over them again, but in that last massive run Nearox had me doing should have taken care of that. I'll double check them to be certain of it.
MGoose mentions a few in this thread

Hey EssArrBee,

I did go over your extended patch to chop it for my requiem extended pack. There seem to be some uskp waterheight values not forwarded by the patch:

Cell -> Block 3 -> Sub-block 1 -> Robbersgorge01

Cell -> Block 6 -> Sub-block 2 -> windhelmbloodworks

Cell -> Block 6 -> Sub-block 7 -> pinepeakcavern

Cell -> Block 7 -> Sub-block 1 -> skuldafn05

Cell -> Block 7 -> Sub-block 1 -> skuldafn01

Cell -> Block 8 -> Sub-block 2 -> rebels cairn01

Cell -> Block 9 -> Sub-block 5 -> FellglowKeep01

Cell -> Block 9 -> Sub-block 7 -> RiftenJail01

I'm almost sure that -24282394243.0004028340823 (or whatever # they use), 0, and default are all the same value to the engine. It is one of those wierdo Bethesda things that no one knows about, but doesn't change anything in game so it is usually best to go with whatever mod loads last. I think that is what I did.

Is nitpick been included in the patches? If so' date=' it should be removed from them. Reason being is MO users do not need that mod because MO includes those fixes within the program itself. MO will actually popup a warning if you have it installed and activated.[/quote']

Nitpick is a dll that goes in the SKSE\plugins folder. It doesn't have an esp.