Dual Sheath Redux (by Neovalen)

Neovalen

Alright - here is what I'm thinking currently for the "adjust shield" modification.

1) Base shields will be adjusted for "thin" cloaks(Cloaks of Skyrim) / No Cloaks... this will allow them to be as close to the body as possible without clipping.

2) I will add in a check for Winter is Coming cloaks which will adjust the shield outward.

3) If a Backpack is worn, the shield goes to hand. (I can't seem to find a good spot to place shield on back in this case)

Alternatively (and simpler):

1) Base shields adjusted for thick cloaks (a little more floating when not using cloaks).

2) If a Backpack is worn, the shield goes to hand. (I can't seem to find a good spot to place shield on back in this case)

Alright - here is what I'm thinking currently for the "adjust shield" modification.

1) Base shields will be adjusted for "thin" cloaks(Cloaks of Skyrim) / No Cloaks... this will allow them to be as close to the body as possible without clipping.

2) I will add in a check for Winter is Coming cloaks which will adjust the shield outward.

3) If a Backpack is worn, the shield goes to hand. (I can't seem to find a good spot to place shield on back in this case)

1) Base shields adjusted for thick cloaks (a little more floating when not using cloaks).

2) If a Backpack is worn, the shield goes to hand. (I can't seem to find a good spot to place shield on back in this case)

any way would be nice:)

any way would be nice:)
I don't think you'll be disappointed :P

I would sort if prefer they be even further away from the back if a backpack is worn rather than kept in hand. Still I can see that might be too difficult.

Note also that some Frostfall backpacks (mostly light ones I think) are worn lower down on the hip and thus do not clip shields on the back.

Is the plan for these distance changes to apply to NPCs as well as the PC?

I would sort if prefer they be even further away from the back if a backpack is worn rather than kept in hand. Still I can see that might be too difficult.

Note also that some Frostfall backpacks (mostly light ones I think) are worn lower down on the hip and thus do not clip shields on the back.

Is the plan for these distance changes to apply to NPCs as well as the PC?

Yes both player and NPC. As far as the backpacks go, it looks kinda silly over the backpack and it would only be for the big packs on back not the light ones.

Having issues running the SkyProc patch for this one, I did this:

I use Mod Organizer, how do I run the patcher?! Help me please!

Go to the data tab (middle column on the right side) and expand SkyProc Patchers towards the bottom. Expand the tree then right click on the .jar file (you may have to expand the file name column width to see the extension) to add it as an executable. Then go up the start menu and select your new executable (Dual Sheath Redux Patch) and hit Run.

But it wont let me add as executable... MO seems to only allow .exe?

Well. Clicking the .jar filled all the other tabs in for me. It works just fine. Maybe this will help?

Binary: wherever java is located\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe

Start in: wherever your steam/skyrim folders are\Skyrim\Data\SkyProc Patchers\Dual Sheath Redux Patch

Arguments: ^\Skyrim\Data\SkyProc Patchers\Dual Sheath Redux Patch\Dual Sheath Redux Patch.jar"

Make sure you add a title (Duel Sheath Proccer for example). Then clicking modify will add it. Then just go to the drop down. Choose it. Run as usual =)

Well. Clicking the .jar filled all the other tabs in for me. It works just fine. Maybe this will help?

Start in: wherever your steam/skyrim folders are\Skyrim\Data\SkyProc Patchers\Dual Sheath Redux Patch

Arguments: ^\Skyrim\Data\SkyProc Patchers\Dual Sheath Redux Patch\Dual Sheath Redux Patch.jar"

Make sure you add a title (Duel Sheath Proccer for example). Then clicking modify will add it. Then just go to the drop down. Choose it. Run as usual =)

You clicked the jar in MO or in its install location in the MO folder?  Ill try the shortcut too

You clicked the jar in MO or in its install location in the MO folder?  Ill try the shortcut too
the jar in the Skyrim folder. That is where I place it. Along with the one for Skyre. Should not matter where it is as long as you choose the jar from the "select a binary" menu.

I first thought of allowing the distance to be set in MCM. This would work for the PC but not really be practical for NPCs

The problem is how it actually works. You can't move objects via script... you need a separate item mesh that's offset.