v2.2.0 - Feedback & Bug Reports

z929669

14 hours ago, EarlRatliff1 said:

I apologize but this is still difficult for me to follow - am I good to proceed with no backup and just make Steam make the original files over again after the fact?

Thank you both for your help!

Yes, the offending instruction was removed, and some context was added for manual restoration of the vanilla masters. If you use Steam to verify the files, that's the easiest method (so don't use the manual method under the spoiler): https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/SkyrimSE:2.2.0#Restore_the_Original_Vanilla_Masters

On 5/31/2023 at 6:08 AM, z929669 said:

I think we already have the best texture replacers for weapons and armor ... and clothing, etc.

not all cover the CC Content 

On 6/1/2023 at 4:07 PM, Sithishade said:

I think it's worth noting that most of Xavbio's retextures are already based on Amidianborn's Book of Silence/Content Addon, since those textures have open permissions. Most weapons include LeanWolf compatibility as well. He's still got a lot of work left to do to complete the set, but when he does he'll release an AIO. Might be a good idea to check it out at that point.

I end up using it because its cover the CC Content

Still working my way through the full install (at step 21 atm) but one bit of feedback I would like to give is about the mod Wonders of Weather.

When it rains, the raindrops can hit invisible objects. Not sure how to explain it, but I was seeing splashes on surfaces that where not there. This was quite noticeable when I ran outside Whiterun, near the arches. I've tried Splashes of Storm instead and found that effect to be much better.

Wonders of Weather is still useful for the other effects, especially the rain sounds indoor. But I will be turning off the splashes in the MCM menu.

17 minutes ago, tadastalalas said:

After I got Goldenhills Plantation I dropped some ingots and ore in the house, later I adopten a child (girl from Whiterun) and when I came back to plantation, my items now are tagged as not mine anymore and it says "Steal" on them. See image.

steal instead of take.jpg

It's not clear if they are actually stolen originally or what the status had been and what you think changed it? Adoption?

2 hours ago, tadastalalas said:

When I stand farther away from a Cow, textures of cow's fur loose their transperency and become blocky, when I come closer textures transform in to good looking. See images.

closer.jpg

farther.jpg

The alpha threshold in the texture is too low, I think. I re-saved with alpha threshold 127, and that seems to resolve. Place this in that mod at textures\actors\highlandcow\ and let us know if it resolves: highlandcow.7z

@TechAngel85 upscaled Bellyache's in Bellyaches Animal and Creature Pack Revamp of these textures, so maybe he can verify this change. I would also check other furry creatures that mod covers. It really depends on NiAlphaproperty in the mesh. This mesh is provided by Highland Cows More Wooly and has a value of 109 in the mesh (same as the vanilla mesh).

3 hours ago, Gotuso said:

Still working my way through the full install (at step 21 atm) but one bit of feedback I would like to give is about the mod Wonders of Weather.

When it rains, the raindrops can hit invisible objects. Not sure how to explain it, but I was seeing splashes on surfaces that where not there. This was quite noticeable when I ran outside Whiterun, near the arches. I've tried Splashes of Storm instead and found that effect to be much better.

Wonders of Weather is still useful for the other effects, especially the rain sounds indoor. But I will be turning off the splashes in the MCM menu.

We've had several issues related to WoW, so I'm placing it back into testing against other alternatives for next release. If you want to help and are running Step 2.2.0, please save in an interior location in clear weather, disable Wonders of Weather and WoW Dragon Mounds CTD Fix, and install Splashes of Storms, Rainbows Remade, and Shooting Stars SE.

These mods should collectively provide the same enhancements as WoW. WoW's interior weather sounds are already made obsolete by Reverb Interior Sounds Expansion.

Let us know what you find.

43 minutes ago, z929669 said:

The alpha threshold in the texture is too low, I think. I re-saved with alpha threshold 127, and that seems to resolve. Place this in that mod at textures\actors\highlandcow\ and let us know if it resolves: highlandcow.7z

@TechAngel85 upscaled Bellyache's in Bellyaches Animal and Creature Pack Revamp of these textures, so maybe he can verify this change. I would also check other furry creatures that mod covers. It really depends on NiAlphaproperty in the mesh. This mesh is provided by Highland Cows More Wooly and has a value of 109 in the mesh (same as the vanilla mesh).

It actually fixed the cow's fur. Nice. I will pay attention to other animals as well, but no problems saw so far.

cows_fur_looks_good.jpg

Edited by tadastalalas
added screenshot

1 hour ago, z929669 said:

It's not clear if they are actually stolen originally or what the status had been and what you think changed it? Adoption?

I stole them originally. I think after I dopten a child, game marked them as "Steal" again. I wonder if this because the child is living now there?

40 minutes ago, tadastalalas said:

I stole them originally.

Dropping a stolen item doesn't remove ownership, it still belongs to someone else. And putting it in your own house doesn't make it yours either. That would be too easy :)

You can check whom the item belongs to in the console:

Stolen in inventory > Dropped in player home (shows red Steal activation prompt) > Sill belongs to Bryling

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

49 minutes ago, Mousetick said:

Dropping a stolen item doesn't remove ownership, it still belongs to someone else. And putting it in your own house doesn't make it yours either. That would be too easy :)

You can check whom the item belongs to in the console:

Stolen in inventory > Dropped in player home (shows red Steal activation prompt) > Sill belongs to Bryling

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

Oh ok now it's clear :D It means all good with this one. 

3 hours ago, z929669 said:

We've had several issues related to WoW, so I'm placing it back into testing against other alternatives for next release. If you want to help and are running Step 2.2.0, please save in an interior location in clear weather, disable Wonders of Weather and WoW Dragon Mounds CTD Fix, and install Splashes of Storms, Rainbows Remade, and Shooting Stars SE.

These mods should collectively provide the same enhancements as WoW. WoW's interior weather sounds are already made obsolete by Reverb Interior Sounds Expansion.

Let us know what you find.

Going to try those 3 mods instead. Thus far, Splashes of Storms works quite well.

On an unrelated note; I went through the whole guide, fixed a few bugs and now noticed the following mountain texture. Is this normal or am I correct in thinking theres something going on here? Its not a LOD issue, the mountain looks that way up close as well.

Weird Mountain.jpg

22 hours ago, z929669 said:

I can't confirm right now, but don't forget to report on the mod page so that it can be tracked. I don't track things in any other place.

When I go with the group of Lydia, Dalphine and Esbern to Sky Haven Temple I almost all the time experience Esbern vs Lydia fights :)) Somewhere in between fights with enemies probably Lydia accidentally hits Esbern or Esbern's summoned minion and eventually he starts attacking her and eventually she won't hesitate to fight back until he or she falls down and then everything back to normal. I experienced this in older step guide versions as well. I have a feeling that this should be addressed by USSEP maybe? Not sure.

esbern-vs-lydia.jpg